• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

frost dragon area effect?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the frost dragon will now be tamable?? seems kinda powerful for a pet.
anyhow, will it still have the area cold effect? will that be all the time? or just when it attacks?
on Seige we have reds who could come into town and get the player flagged to them if the dragon's area effect is all the time. and if the player is red does the area effect only hit blues?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously doubt they will walk that road again with the AOE spells on pets.
The players back when dragons would cast them and kill the owner..... no they not that dumb to bring back the yelling it once caused.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seriously doubt they will walk that road again with the AOE spells on pets.
The players back when dragons would cast them and kill the owner..... no they not that dumb to bring back the yelling it once caused.
When you train the pet you have a selection of 6 or so AoE spells you can assign to your pet. So AoE is here.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure the Area effects that the OP is talking about are removed upon the creature becoming tamed, you can re-add the ability when you level said pet up, but Frost Dragons should be 5/5 followers. Thus the ability probably gets removed with no way to get it back since they probably can't be leveled unless you're able to find a 4/5 one... if that's even still a thing.

Anyway, I tamed a phoenix a couple weeks ago on TC1, it lost its fire aura damage (similar to fiery gargoyles) once I tamed it, didn't bother training/leveling it up though.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look if the Dev put in AOE spells... let me give you a heads up... don't be in range of your pet .... trust me you will not like the outcome if your hit.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look if the Dev put in AOE spells... let me give you a heads up... don't be in range of your pet .... trust me you will not like the outcome if your hit.
Supposedly they fixed this... but wouldn't hold my breath and rather expect this to get taken away within 2 or 3 weeks.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I tamed a frost dragon on TC a while back, it did not keep its cold area effect once tamed, it becomes a blue GD basically, the listed abilities in the lore gump are the same as a GD

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be thankful ... I remember trying to heal my dragon and having them cast one and poof I was dead from friendly fire.... not fun.. a thing I do not want back by any means

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Be thankful ... I remember trying to heal my dragon and having them cast one and poof I was dead from friendly fire.... not fun.. a thing I do not want back by any means
I wouldnt worry too much, pets have been nerfed vs players, I could stand toe to toe with my GD and outheal its damage on a no wrestle mage tamer.

Forgot to mention, the frost dragon does have one difference to a GD, it does 50% cold damage/50% phys, which could be handy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You would think that they could figure out how to not nerf things to oblivion and figure out how to allow that to recognize friend from foe. You don't get hurt at an EM event when someone casts an area effect spell why do you get hurt when it's your pet? It's a matter of proper coding if you ask me.

But the DEVs would rather just remove all the usefulness of the pet rather than properly program it to act more like another player than just a mob...