• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement From the Desk of King Blackthorn of Britannia, the Banishment of the Governor of Britain.

Your Verdict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*shocked*
Solus is the only governor with any backbone! He's protected his city from disease! He's saved us all!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saved us... Pfft. He intends to either rule us all, or kill those he can't.

Yosef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Solus killed innocent refugees who did not carry the disease. The disease never left Trinsic walls, was contained, then delt with. As you can see no other town was over run during those dark times for Trinsic.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solus killed innocent refugees who did not carry the disease. The disease never left Trinsic walls, was contained, then delt with. As you can see no other town was over run during those dark times for Trinsic.
We are lucky the infection didn't spread. Sure, we could have waited, and but perhaps it DOES spread. What would you do then, with a widespread infection in every city? How about in Britain where if it had spread it would have had the chance to claim our King and our Council. During war, if our whole leadership was wiped out due to this sickness, Minax would surely be on the throne right now. THAT, is a chance I was not willing to take.

I did everything for my King, and I will accept his judgement in these matters.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think the infection didn't spread only due to the valiant efforts of Solus governor of Britain! There are sheep that will pull the wool over their eyes and not see the truth! But I have seen Solus at work! He is the only one who was able to make the HARD decisions in these matters. To exile Solus is a travesty of government. Those who elected him stand by him BECAUSE of his ability to make the difficult decisions in the times of crisis.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Kings High Physician was responsible for clearing the refugees that you murdered, there was no threat to the realm. Your crimes Solus go well beyond the murders, and all will be exposed soon enough.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Kings High Physician was responsible for clearing the refugees that you murdered, there was no threat to the realm. Your crimes Solus go well beyond the murders, and all will be exposed soon enough.
At the time, we did not fully understand a few things:
1. Where the infection originated from
2. Fully understood how it spreads
3. If people could be carriers without showing symptoms

I could go on, but suffice to say, there was no way to truly "know". Trinsic should have been locked down, the whole city quarantined AS WELL as its citizens. If you TRULY wanted refugees out of the city, a separate refugee camp, AWAY FROM THE MAIN CITIES should have been setup.

I point you to a case our own King helped resolve. The gargoyles who were infected in Ter Mur, did Queen Zhah simply leave them and possible carrier within the city? No, a separate refugee site was setup for the very purpose of trying to ensure noone else got infected.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of these things required you to murder citizens under the Kings protection, in a camp authorized by the king himself. The situation in Trinsic was handled by my office, the city put on lockdown, the wardens posted at the gates.
Riders were sent to all the Governors of the realm, and all but you responded with forces to help exterminate the zombies.

Oddly the only two times I witnessed you in our city involved the beacon tower and when the source of the infection showed itself. I say oddly, because I find it odd that you tend to show up only when a forces of Minax or Void Magic are nearby. However I will leave my suspicions for the kings royal investigator to sort through.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yikes! Dare I mention a public trial? held in the courts... how about we put him on a ship to lets say... hmmm Nujhelm? Muhahahaha

As aCrux Honor guard, and I am sure I speak for the rest of the Crux here, we would never have let it affect our King and council. Period!

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yikes! Dare I mention a public trial? held in the courts... how about we put him on a ship to lets say... hmmm Nujhelm? Muhahahaha

As aCcrux Honor guard, and I am sure I speak for the rest of the Crux here, we would never have let it affect our King and council. Period!
Because you can guard against a disease?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nay! With the help of the Crux and your guards we would have wisked the King and council to a safe harbor

Lord Solus, if you read others posts here you would surely see I sent a messenger to the king all but pleading he move the infected to a secure location and out of our cities

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nay! With the help of the Crux and your guards we would have wisked the King and council to a safe harbor

Lord Solus, if you read others posts here you would surely see I sent a messenger to the king all but pleading he move the infected to a secure location and out of our cities
I commend you for such, atleast someone was thinking wisely in this situation.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Do you mean to imply that the crown denied protection of the cities from the infection? Were you refused your request? Tis good Solus acted as he did! Sacrificing the few saved the many!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Murder is still Murder. Where is the vaunted compassion of Britain? Instead of Virtue, we have seen Falsehood, Hatred, and Cowardice. It sounds to me as if the Shadowlords are in control of Britain.
Yet you still serve under the command of Lady Danica, who if you recall, killed a lowly criminal for information without permission of the courts. In dark times, we sometimes have to do questionable things to ensure the safety of our realm.

T

Tazar

Yet you still serve under the command of Lady Danica, who if you recall, killed a lowly criminal for information without permission of the courts. In dark times, we sometimes have to do questionable things to ensure the safety of our realm.
More Falsehood. I do not now, nor have I ever served under Lady Danica. I am the leader of the Royal Britannian Guard. We predate the Crux Ansata and have never allied with them nor served under them. Our loyalty is to Lord British and his legitimate successors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Danica was also tried, convicted and punished for her crime. She has also been pardoned by King Blackthorn. You, Solus, most certainly have not.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Murder is still Murder. Where is the vaunted compassion of Britain? Instead of Virtue, we have seen Falsehood, Hatred, and Cowardice. It sounds to me as if the Shadowlords are in control of Britain.
Do you sir believe it is murder to send your men to fight in battles? Battles where there will surely be losses? Of course not! There is such a thing as acceptable loss! You can't handle the truth! You, leader of the guard, claim one murder is greater than another? Is it any less murder to send men into battles with creatures some of which have never been seen in the realm? I think not! If Solus is to be punished so shall you be good sir!

T

Tazar

Do you sir believe it is murder to send your men to fight in battles? Battles where there will surely be losses? Of course not! There is such a thing as acceptable loss! You can't handle the truth! You, leader of the guard, claim one murder is greater than another? Is it any less murder to send men into battles with creatures some of which have never been seen in the realm? I think not! If Solus is to be punished so shall you be good sir!
When the guard goes forth to battle, it is at the King's command, not as a rogue seeking a slaughter of the innocent. Losses in battle are regrettably to be expected, but I do not send men forth on suicide missions. Those members of the guard also knew the risks when they dedicated their lives to the service of the kingdom and chose to risk their lives in defense of the innocent.

In the case at hand, women and even children have been slaughtered by the outcast Solus. Such mass murder has not been seen in the Kingdom in my time. Solus must atone for his crimes against those he has sworn to protect.

T

Tazar

By general consensus, you are hereby issued a membership card in the Solus' Bootlicker Society.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
By general consensus, you are hereby issued a membership card in the Solus' Bootlicker Society.

When there is no intelligent response let it be known that the opposition has resorted to mud slinging and name calling!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
When the guard goes forth to battle, it is at the King's command, not as a rogue seeking a slaughter of the innocent. Losses in battle are regrettably to be expected, but I do not send men forth on suicide missions. Those members of the guard also knew the risks when they dedicated their lives to the service of the kingdom and chose to risk their lives in defense of the innocent.

In the case at hand, women and even children have been slaughtered by the outcast Solus. Such mass murder has not been seen in the Kingdom in my time. Solus must atone for his crimes against those he has sworn to protect.
No one was "seeking" to slaughter the innocent here. It was a mere casualty of the situation at hand. There is no such thing as murder here.

T

Tazar

When there is no intelligent response let it be known that the opposition has resorted to mud slinging and name calling!
Seems you missed the post above. A full response was given. As to the name calling, you've declared your loyalties and been awarded for them.

T

Tazar

No one was "seeking" to slaughter the innocent here. It was a mere casualty of the situation at hand. There is no such thing as murder here.
It seems you have stepped into the middle of a conversation and are speaking without knowledge of what went before. This is not the first atrocity committed by Solus.

And in this case, there was no situation at hand in these camps. Instead, Solus has acted with falsehood, hatred, and cowardice by burning the innocent - even to the point of killing the healers and aid-workers. This was murder most foul.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Solus could have sent the refugees back to Trinsic, or even to another city that I'm sure would have accepted them. His intention was clear the second he set fire to that camp. He murdered innocents, and is attempting to hide it behind feigned compassion and loyalty. His loyalties have been disproven time and time again, be it to Lady Amandine, King Blackthorn, or even the very citizens he is supposed to protect.

He is out to serve himself, and will do whatever is necessary to do so.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It seems you have stepped into the middle of a conversation and are speaking without knowledge of what went before. This is not the first atrocity committed by Solus.

And in this case, there was no situation at hand in these camps. Instead, Solus has acted with falsehood, hatred, and cowardice by burning the innocent - even to the point of killing the healers and aid-workers. This was murder most foul.
Solus has many supporters. He acts only to protect the city he was elected to stand for. He was elected by quite a large margin mind you, for a second term at that. Most, if not all, the citizens of Britain approve of the job Solus has done. He places guards to keep undesirables off the streets. He may protect with an iron fist, but his is the safest city in all of Sosaria, if proven only by the fact that other towns get over-run by things like disease. His actions have completely represented a man who cares for home and state above all else.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Danica was also tried, convicted and punished for her crime. She has also been pardoned by King Blackthorn. You, Solus, most certainly have not.
At the time, none of us really understood why she would take such drastic measures. It has become clear, she did it for the realm, and it has become clear we must ALL do drastic things sometimes when it comes to protecting our land. Lord Dupre and the court did not understand this, but King Blackthorn did.

T

Tazar

Solus has many supporters. He acts only to protect the city he was elected to stand for. He was elected by quite a large margin mind you, for a second term at that. Most, if not all, the citizens of Britain approve of the job Solus has done. He places guards to keep undesirables off the streets. He may protect with an iron fist, but his is the safest city in all of Sosaria, if proven only by the fact that other towns get over-run by things like disease. His actions have completely represented a man who cares for home and state above all else.
Solus supporters were bought and paid for, plain and simple... both terms. It is well know throughout the land and there were protests by the true citizens of Britain. He acts only to serve himself and directly challenges the king - even to the point of directly disobeying the King's Command as was done here with the murder of innocents. This is not a man whose actions represent a man who cares for the state.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Solus supporters were bought and paid for, plain and simple... both terms. It is well know throughout the land and there were protests by the true citizens of Britain. He acts only to serve himself and directly challenges the king - even to the point of directly disobeying the King's Command as was done here with the murder of innocents. This is not a man whose actions represent a man who cares for the state.
This is falsehoods and hate spewing! Solus is nothing but a scapegoat. Trying to find someone to blame for the deaths instead of persuing the real blame for the disease that caused all of this to happen.
Bringing up things you consider past misdeeds is unethical as well as unfair, these so called actions you speak of have never been proven nor are in question in this case. Your personal distaste for the man is clouding your judgement here. Solus did what was right in this case. He saved many lives, perhaps even yours! *pounds fist on table*

T

Tazar

This is falsehoods and hate spewing! Solus is nothing but a scapegoat. Trying to find someone to blame for the deaths instead of persuing the real blame for the disease that caused all of this to happen.
Bringing up things you consider past misdeeds is unethical as well as unfair, these so called actions you speak of have never been proven nor are in question in this case. Your personal distaste for the man is clouding your judgement here. Solus did what was right in this case. He saved many lives, perhaps even yours! *pounds fist on table*
Sorry the truth hurts, but these "falsehoods" were witnessed by many and are well documented. These also show the character of the accused and the unethical lengths to which he will go to achieve his desires.

As to my "personal distaste for the man" there is no such distaste. By the virtues, a man is not judged, instead his actions are judged.

As to you, my dear, it is people like you coming from other lands who took money to cast votes in favor of this scoundrel. It is their interference in local politics that has led us to these dire straights and left the people of Britain under martial law and fearful of even leaving their homes. If is their interference that has led to the slaughter of innocents.

As a Duke of Britain, I have lived through it all and seen it all. As an outsider, you have only seen the bright fools gold provided by the scoundrel and not the monstrous actions that follow.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How very dare you sir!
Other lands!? You know not of what you speak!
I took no money to cast votes! How very dare you!
We now know of whom does not know the facts here.
Call me an outside again sir! I dare thee! *spits*

T

Tazar

How very dare you sir!
Other lands!? You know not of what you speak!
I took no money to cast votes! How very dare you!
We now know of whom does not know the facts here.
Call me an outside again sir! I dare thee! *spits*
We shall agree to disagree then. I am just glad that the King finally has enough information to be considering action against the scoundrel for his many crimes.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sigh.. too many people listening to the opinions of others instead of making their own!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading the above... I vote reinstate Solus.

P.S. are we breaking stratics tos by talking about these politics?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading the above... I vote reinstate Solus.

P.S. are we breaking stratics tos by talking about these politics?
I doubt it. It's all RP stuff, not real politics. *shrugs*

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the time, we did not fully understand a few things:
1. Where the infection originated from
2. Fully understood how it spreads
3. If people could be carriers without showing symptoms

I could go on, but suffice to say, there was no way to truly "know". Trinsic should have been locked down, the whole city quarantined AS WELL as its citizens. If you TRULY wanted refugees out of the city, a separate refugee camp, AWAY FROM THE MAIN CITIES should have been setup.

I point you to a case our own King helped resolve. The gargoyles who were infected in Ter Mur, did Queen Zhah simply leave them and possible carrier within the city? No, a separate refugee site was setup for the very purpose of trying to ensure noone else got infected.
CAROL DID IT!!! NOOOOOO

*hint hint* :)

(Anyone know what i'm referring to) :)

Solus sounds like Carol in so many ways LOL!!

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bottom line here, the infected were already dead. As a citizen of Jhelom, I would rather have died then to have spread a disease to my family and town.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of these things required you to murder citizens under the Kings protection, in a camp authorized by the king himself. The situation in Trinsic was handled by my office, the city put on lockdown, the wardens posted at the gates.
Riders were sent to all the Governors of the realm, and all but you responded with forces to help exterminate the zombies.

Oddly the only two times I witnessed you in our city involved the beacon tower and when the source of the infection showed itself. I say oddly, because I find it odd that you tend to show up only when a forces of Minax or Void Magic are nearby. However I will leave my suspicions for the kings royal investigator to sort through.

And yet by your own admission Lord Lew, you were willing to risk sending potentially infected Riders of an unknown plague from Trinsic to all city Governors of the realm. And it was perfectly allowable for YOU and the King to exterminate the infected to protect citizens, but apparently not any other governor with such beliefs. Very interesting indeed. I'm sure the new puppet...I mean Bard will sing a happy tune to defend Britain in the future instead of a tested warrior.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And yet by your own admission Lord Lew, you were willing to risk sending potentially infected Riders of an unknown plague from Trinsic to all city Governors of the realm. And it was perfectly allowable for YOU and the King to exterminate the infected to protect citizens, but apparently not any other governor with such beliefs. Very interesting indeed. I'm sure the new puppet...I mean Bard will sing a happy tune to defend Britain in the future instead of a tested warrior.
Indeed. As I said, Solus is simply a scapegoat.