• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

From a Siege Vet, PVP is ruined for siege

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have basically just replaced gold on siege perilous with silver.

There is absolutely no point to farming most of the current spawns anymore trying to get doom arties, ML arties, or Ish arties since they are all EASILY obtainable from the faction bases now.

This COMPLETELY ruins any and all trade of the previous items. I mean literally if siege had a stockmarket peoples shares would be worth almost NOTHING now. some people i know who had 50-100 mil worth in PVP items and these are things WE CANT BLESS, that you risk losing each time, are now worth less than 10 mil combined.

plus did the devs ever once stop to think DO SIEGE PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY WITH THE UBEREST MAXXED OUT CHARACTERS AND ITEMS? Most of us came here to get away from that type of PVP where everybody has some kind of uber suit and there is no room in PVP for anything else.

Its just bogus and i dont think the devs have any idea how badly they just made siege perilous WORST because of this.

Maybe its not going to hit other shards as hard because most people were running around with SUPER UBER items anyways with perfect suits, so giving them an extra 15 hci here and 6 MR there isn't going to hurt how PVP goes already, but devs just laid a doosie of a punch to the face for siege PVP.

seriously how is this ever going to be the same siege perilous now that you can buy UBER items for a suit for pvp right at any faction base? Its jacked and completely breaks siege trading community too, cause now you dont even need to find someone with that item, you just go to the base and get a new one.

anyways i just cant complain how UBERLY upset i am at this entire patch and how much it is going to change siege and force me to probalby quit.

The cheaters already run rampant on siege and people know its killing pvp, now these guys have the best uberest items to go along with their uber cheating skills and devs expect us to play.

this patch just really puts siege into the rotting pit of PVP that insurance brought with AOS. i mean sure, you may still lose the items, but when it only cost X amount of gold from your bank(or in this case silver) how much of a lose is it really?

It used to cost 3 mil to suit up with not even as good of gear as you can now buy at a faction base for about 50k gold in silver.

ITS BOGUS, DEVS PLEASE INCREASE THE COST THE FACTION ITEMS.

C

CatLord

The low cost... isnt this a way to balance pvp?

Everyone will have eassy acess to the top gear...

From an outsider point of view... it looks balanced and fair...

About cheating... it happens on all shards when it is power/profit related.

Safe gaming... and I enjoy your werewolf nights alot!

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree... what you're really complaining about is that you lost the advantage you may have had over people less fortunate than you on SP. It brings up the bottom to compete with you. I can see why you'd be annoyed, but it doesn't ruin SP, it just makes it less easy for you. No?

D

Dicimiie

I can see this being a problem for crafters on Siege. If I'm not mistaken, the players on Siege relied heavily on crafters for their armor, since there is no insurance. Now, players can go get artifact items relatively inexpensively, making crafters less needed.

J

Jaster

Call it a flame or not, but the OP is mad because certain players on the server decided to wear top end gear and artifacts on Siege, while he amongst many other players were against it do to fear of losing a pixel upon death. This is not something new for Siege, as it was this way before this faction publish. A portion of the playerbase on Siege likes playing with the risk of losing good items, because it brings the reward of a challenge and it increases survivability on the server. All this publish does is allow players to acquire top end items that can be used more frequently. If you die, you still lose it on Siege ... and everyone dies there, even the best of the best. Thats what makes the shard so much fun. It still has a challenge and it means something if you die, not like on other servers where you can get ressed right a way and your LRC suit puts you right back where you left off, minus a few pots. Plus most of the server in the pvp community is in faction, even others because of hero/evil benefits ...

The publish does nothing but enhance Siege IMO. If you are worried about the item curve, step right up and do it yourself. I bet it makes things even again if everyone was using it ... just the more you die, the more farming you have to do to get the items back. So here is a tip ...

..don't die often

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be considered risky and daring to wear a full suit of good items and gear on siege. Now its just normal, why NOT just gives us insurance if they are going to supply an endless amount of uber pvp gear anyways?

Its insurance in reverse, you aren't insured by some insurance system but are still insured basically for the replacement of a large portion of your gear through the silver trade in process.

This is not going to help siege at all, it basically makes it proddy shards where every uses uber high end gear not just the skilled players.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

About cheating... it happens on all shards when it is power/profit related.

Safe gaming... and I enjoy your werewolf nights alot!

Excatly, I use to play siege and all I heard when I did was how unbalanced everything was. Now everyone can join factions and have their blessed gear. No big deal. :thumbup1:

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be considered risky and daring to wear a full suit of good items and gear on siege. Now its just normal, why NOT just gives us insurance if they are going to supply an endless amount of uber pvp gear anyways?

Its insurance in reverse, you aren't insured by some insurance system but are still insured basically for the replacement of a large portion of your gear through the silver trade in process.

This is not going to help siege at all, it basically makes it proddy shards where every uses uber high end gear not just the skilled players.
Skill went out the window with AoS where have you been? :mf_prop:

B

Black magick

To all in this thread, the point is they are blessed. Which isn't siege. And @ the cheating comment, ANYONE who kills this guy "cheats." So yeah...