• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friendly Advice?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am by no means a decorating expert. I am humbled by the creative ideas you all come up with to customize, create, and decorate your homes.
With that in mind I thought I'd come here and ask your advice.
I am a collector. I have a food museum on Atlantic with over 100 different rare food items.
Collecting food has become a slow and tedious project so to keep myself occupado I have started another collection (lol).
This is my fishing/pirate house. I have started collecting and am not a big fan of just putting things on display so I've tried to incorporate the things I collect into my designs.
I am having trouble displaying my rare fishing pole collection, though. I don't want to use mannequins although at this point I think they'd be better than just tossing them up on the bar on my roof there. I have been able to get quite a few of the fishing poles that exist but haven't really come up with a good idea to display them. I mean, I could just cover the floor with them... but that doesn't really appeal to me. They are not displayed well on the bar, and I'd rather not have people have to click a mannequin
to see them.
So.... sigh.... any ideas?
Here's what I've got. If anyone wants to see the house there's a teleporter in @Longtooths Luna house(on Atlantic) to my Malas portal where you can take the teleporter in the NW corner of my house to get to the fishing shack.
Thanks in advance for any creativity you can help me with!
fishing1.png

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have started collecting and am not a big fan of just putting things on display so I've tried to incorporate the things I collect into my designs.
I am having trouble displaying my rare fishing pole collection, though. I don't want to use mannequins although at this point I think they'd be better than just tossing them up on the bar on my roof there. I have been able to get quite a few of the fishing poles that exist but haven't really come up with a good idea to display them. I mean, I could just cover the floor with them... but that doesn't really appeal to me. They are not displayed well on the bar, and I'd rather not have people have to click a mannequin
to see them.
So.... sigh.... any ideas?
Here's what I've got. If anyone wants to see the house there's a teleporter in @Longtooths Luna house(on Atlantic) to my Malas portal where you can take the teleporter in the NW corner of my house to get to the fishing shack.
Thanks in advance for any creativity you can help me with!
View attachment 38578
Neat ideas!

Hmmm. Just thinking out loud, I've not tried this at all but...can a vendor hold them, or be made to look like they're holding them by raising them into or near their hands/over their shoulder etc. if the vendor is facing the correct direction?
Or perhaps arrange some rocks on the edge of the dock or house to make it look like the poles have been wedged/set there unattended. It might take some fussing but perhaps you can do some illusion generation to make it work...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps use those Empty sword displays stealables from Tokuno to place them on?As you can get them facing both ways

Or that rubble wooden hanger that goes on the wall if its possible to turn it. Have one above the other on a wall with fishing rods on them all. These hangers im talking about:

Perhaps you could play about with the new sign hanger castle decoration things to place them on, like have 2 hangers next to eachother and then sit the fishing rod on top.

You have those shelf addons with kings collection too.

Perhaps those empty Easal and Canvas rubble pieces from puzzle room can be worked to hold them.

Where you have that big wooden log pillar at the docks, perhaps you could place another wooden log pillar next to it, then using some of the ideas above or something have all your fishing rods hanging up one above the other all the way up the pillars. Or do it with the taller log pillar on the left. at the plot entrance.

Just a few ideas, if i think of anything else i'll post it as the inspiration comes :).

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can have a play about with various statues in the game, and raise the fishing rods so the statues hold them, like ive done here with Arcanist statue. That arcanist statue you have on your plot looks good for holding rods lol. Maybe other statues can work too.

Could have a line of statues holding rods on your roof where bar is with each statue being a bit higher than the other so the rods don't overlap. or just dot statues around the plot holding rods.

Last edited:

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion was similar to Escaflowne's- hang them on walls. Then got me thinking, make shelves out of them? :] you could use clockframes to keep them up, just not sure how'd they align and so forth. Can't wait to see though, looks awesome already!

Ossy

Adventurer
I like the effect you made with the water, making the house (which is higher) look part of the ocean

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Can't remember which way lock picks face but we use to use them back in the day to look like they were holding a sword or whatever. 2 lock picks, if you get lucky, might appear to be holding up a fishing pole and they're cheap. When you find objects that work with the lock picks you can have a row of them from high to low using just one wall. I know carpenters can make shelves also which might work the same way.