• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fresh tamed

Strawberry Pie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I'm going to ask it.

I was out taming nightmares trying to get a good one. There's pet calculators that says what number 0-5 the pet is, but I'm not sure really what that number is good for. If I understand pet training you can train a fresh pet in every stat/resist/skill except hit-points.

Could someone in the taming community please let me know if I'm correct or not, that really the only thing you can't train is hit-points. Therefore the only thing really to look for when taming is the highest hit-points possible.

Thank you :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resists can not be changed. Stats can be trained up to 125, if they're above that when first tamed, that's as high as they'll go.
Skills can be trained up to 100. Special circumstances apply to some more recent pets which have skills in excess of 100.

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The pet calc has a sample template of what the supossidly perfect pet is, that you can compare to, so when taming a certain animal, you know what to look for in all hit points, resists, and skills. A combination of the 3 is very important. I look for the highest combination of the 3 I can find. For instance, i can maybe find a greater dragon, that has 1900 hp untamed. I know when tamed, his hp is gonna be 950. now, if his resists are all in the 50's and 60's I know even fully trained, he is not going to have good survivability in a fight with say 2 wild greater dragons or higher level monsters and mobs. I just simply cant heal him fast enough to keep him alive because of the low resists that will never raise. Any pet I am taming to hunt with, that is not at least in the high 3's on the pet calc, I usually bypass or turn into hides for my crafter, with a few exceptions. I did keep a greater dragon that has unusually high cold resist just for doing the ice dungeon, so u actually can grab a pet that has resists suited for what you are hunting.