• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free trial to paid account

• Thread starter imported_sedusa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_sedusa

How does one go about changing from free trial to paid account? I've been asked that a lot and want to be sure of my answer.

G

When the trials were limited to two weeks, it was automatic, you either canceled or it became a regular subscription.
Not sure what it will be when there is no time limit....

G

You probably have to go and enter your credit card info anyway.
???
I guess.

I

imported_sedusa

I just know that new sims in TC3 have been asking this as they want to change to paid accounts.

G

I assume, unless its changed which is highly possible, that you would go to the website and update the billing info as normally done by entering the account name and the account password, then entering the billing info, and then activating the account from that list?

Idk... I haven't seen anything on it. So I could be completely wrong.

G

TTL

http://www.ea.com/official/thesims/thesimsonline/us/nai/index.jsp
"login" (upper right corner)
new login window opens
enter member name and password
back to TSO Screen
"my account" (upper right corner)
click on "subscription info" tab
scroll down to TSO
then (?) either "subscribe now" or maybe "change billing method"

IDK, never had a free account. Hope someone who knows wanders in soon though. This is critical.

G

I paid with paypal, to continue using one of my accounts when the trial ended. Payment was sent November 27. When I check my account info now, my trial is 'Suspended'. I was under the impression that changing from trial to subscription would be automatic? Especially since its been 4 days since I paid

Should I just wait before contacting support, in the hope that it 'just takes some time'?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I paid with paypal, to continue using one of my accounts when the trial ended. Payment was sent November 27. When I check my account info now, my trial is 'Suspended'. I was under the impression that changing from trial to subscription would be automatic? Especially since its been 4 days since I paid

Should I just wait before contacting support, in the hope that it 'just takes some time'?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's automatic when you use a credit card - dunno about Paypal.

G

TTL, to bump up this thread...

Could someone with a free account please try the procedure and let us know how it goes?

G

Im downloading the free trial now, to see what its like. . .
but i thought you could buy it as a pc game? what happend to that, i dont like the idea of paying overline

G

The PC games (The Sims, The Sims2 &amp; expansion packs) are different from the online game. At one time a game package including discs was available in stores, but it hasn't been available for years.

As far as I know the only ways to pay for this game is over the internet, either thru credit cards, paypal (?) or time cards. If they take checks thru the mail, I am not aware of it.