• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free trial but subscribed, is it possible to remove limitations ?

M

Maxandre

Hello all,

I have installed the game 3 days ago and used a free trial, after the first day, I decide to get a 3 months game time code and applied it to my account. Sadly, I still have the free trial limitations even tho I have 1: Subscribe for 3 months and 2: Bought the Stagian Abyss Account upgrade,

Is there a way to remove those limitations ?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is a damn good question. I wish I had the answer.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

I have installed the game 3 days ago and used a free trial, after the first day, I decide to get a 3 months game time code and applied it to my account. Sadly, I still have the free trial limitations even tho I have 1: Subscribe for 3 months and 2: Bought the Stagian Abyss Account upgrade,

Once the free 14 trial runs out your 3 months game time should kick in. They will not charge you for the account til its up so no way to get around the limitations.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

The billing system "stacks" payment methods so to speak, starting with Free Time, then Game Time Codes, them CC card payments. Additionally those restrictions are in place for 15 days I believe regardless of what you have done as far as billing. Basically the system applies those restrictions to all accounts under {X} days Free Trial or not.

Look at the up side though, you are getting a chance to see how many of us lived in Sosaria back when there wasn't room for houses and you could only store so much stuff :) My Advice, don't worry, take this time to stick back some gold, find a nice house spot and be ready for when the restrictions are dropped.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I may not know the answer to every question. I can help find it though...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Advice, don't worry, take this time to stick back some gold, find a nice house spot and be ready for when the restrictions are dropped.
And also to learn the basics of the game like skinning sheep for wool and talking to trees when you´ve had to much ale to drink... ;)

M

Maxandre

Yeah but thing is that it is not only housing, here is a list of the limitations....

Player Housing

Cannot place, own, trade, or receive a house
Only the “Friend” and “Guild” levels of access permissions will be available
Player Vendors

Cannot own or rent
Travel

Cannot enter Felucca dungeons, or the Felucca Lost Lands
Resources

Only receive basic resources (ex: iron instead of hued ore, regardless of skill)
No bonus resources (jewels, granite, sand, etc)

Bulk Order Deeds

Cannot receive, use, or turn-in
Quests

Cannot repeat normally repeatable quests
Factions

Cannot join Factions
Champ Spawns

Cannot participate in, or receive rewards from
Community Collections

Cannot donate or receive rewards
These items will no longer be usable by trial accounts:

Commodity deeds
Skill/stat advancement scrolls (Alacrity, Power, Transcendence, etc)
Holiday gifts, special rewards (ex: veteran rewards)
Bags of Sending
Bracelets of Binding
Pet Summoning Balls
Soulstones

Hefty price to pay, knowing that I have already paid for extra months and bought the 29.99$ Update (SA). So it cost me about 70$ and I still cannot benefit from the game. Knowing that, I would had got a new account + 30 days for 40$ and another 90 Days for 40$

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me also offer a bit of additional advice. Many new players save up money to place a home, but they don't realize how expensive it gets to customize it. Thus even though you have to wait for your trail to end, you can still be very productive and pad your bank account in preparation for obtaining a house.

Also, considering how much content there is in UO, there's plenty of other stuff to focus on in the two weeks you have to wait. What type of character are you playing? Perhaps we can help you fill these two weeks.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would call EA and raise hell. Plain and simple.

Im with you If you have paid for the 3mths already the restrictions should be lifted. Or call them and if they wont budge ask them if they will remove the remaining free trial time and just start you on your 3mths.

That is a ton of restrictions, Housing being one of the least on the list.

M

Maxandre

I have a ABC, and a simple warrior, trying to find a template for a Gargoyle, I will surely want a tamer and a caster, then it will be crafters... But for crafters, I will need to wait till the trial period ends has a will only receive basic resources.

Should I play the Enhanced Client or The classic one WITH Uo Assist is still the way to go ?

This is not my first time playing UO, I have played from release till 2003-2004.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a ABC, and a simple warrior, trying to find a template for a Gargoyle, I will surely want a tamer and a caster, then it will be crafters... But for crafters, I will need to wait till the trial period ends has a will only receive basic resources.

Should I play the Enhanced Client or The classic one WITH Uo Assist is still the way to go ?

This is not my first time playing UO, I have played from release till 2003-2004.
start your crafter cuz you can only use basic resources to start out with.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure you can still train up your crafting skills even using only basic resources. Also, are you going to take up imbuing on your crafter? Are you familiar with imbuing at all? Being on a trial account shouldn't prevent you from training that up, though I recommend starting with 50 imbuing. Even at 50 imbuing, you'll be able to make some handy magic items like full LRC suits for your other characters. Furthermore, the hunting your characters do will provide you with the items needed to unravel into magical resources.

As for gargoyles, they get a few benefits as imbuers too. They also are handy for tamers and mystics. Their flight ability means they can have a greater dragon which requires 5 control slots and still move at mounted speed. Likewise with Mysticism, they can summon colossuses which require 5 control slots and still have the fast movement speed.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, If you start on your tamer today you will have no trouble finding something to do with your UO time during these two weeks...

M

Maxandre

I'm pretty sure you can still train up your crafting skills even using only basic resources. Also, are you going to take up imbuing on your crafter? Are you familiar with imbuing at all? Being on a trial account shouldn't prevent you from training that up, though I recommend starting with 50 imbuing. Even at 50 imbuing, you'll be able to make some handy magic items like full LRC suits for your other characters. Furthermore, the hunting your characters do will provide you with the items needed to unravel into magical resources.

As for gargoyles, they get a few benefits as imbuers too. They also are handy for tamers and mystics. Their flight ability means they can have a greater dragon which requires 5 control slots and still move at mounted speed. Likewise with Mysticism, they can summon colossuses which require 5 control slots and still have the fast movement speed.
Do you, by any chance, have a template for that Tamer/Mystic ? (stat included please :) )

As for Imbuer, no, I have not looked into it yet but yes, I do have access to it. Is it like other craft or is there special need to the template ?

K

KoolAidAddict

Hefty price to pay, knowing that I have already paid for extra months and bought the 29.99$ Update (SA). So it cost me about 70$ and I still cannot benefit from the game. Knowing that, I would had got a new account + 30 days for 40$ and another 90 Days for 40$
I dunno if Id call it any price to pay at all.
I mean, you get 14 days FREE before the paid time kicks in, so it seems more like a free running start.
And if ya hadnt been able to try before you buy, you would have never bought anyway, no?
Yeah, theres some time delay to open up all the game for ya, but then again, it aint goin anywhere!
And I can assure ya, being from the most popped shard (atlantic) that its all there for ya to get, in 14 days or 14 months!

So, hang in there, look for the bright side, and Welcome Back!!

M

marlev

Hello all,

About 2 weeks ago I was asking same question and at some point I had an idea how to remove free trial time. What I did to test it is I made a second trial account and then I cancelled subscription. By doing this I removed 14 days of free trial time and my account became inactive.
Unfortunatly I already had applied 90day game time code on my first account so I didnt want to risk it. But feel free to try if you are brave. :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the same thing about a month ago, in opening another account and entering their code that they provided. I guess if you didn't enter the coded you wouldn't get the 14 day free trial period and therefore wouldn't have the restrictions. At this point, might as well ride out the trial period, and don't forget to enter the information for the buddy token. It is on the account management screen on one of the tabs. They should at least have a warning that by entering a code for a trial period that you will be restricted even if you enter the payment information and select pay for 6 months.

M

Maxandre

I have called in, they were ready to remove the 14 days trial but, they have a billing issue AND if they do so, I may lose the 90 days and they are having problems putting it back on after.... So they asked me to wait till Thursday and call back.

So while I wait:

1- Anyone can suggest templates for:

A- Gargoyle Tamer/Mysticism
B- Caster
C- Imbuer and other Crafters

I already have an ABC Archer, a simple basic Warrior that I can DELETE, acces to 6 Character total and will get 7th as soon as trial is removed.

2- What should I use, Enhanced client OR Classic Client with UOAssist ?

Thanx all for feedbacks :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1- Anyone can suggest templates for:

A- Gargoyle Tamer/Mysticism
B- Caster
C- Imbuer and other Crafters
Here's my standard crafter templates:

Primary Mule:
120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Carpentry
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
100 Mining
80 Magery

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

This template is set up for my main account which has a cap of 720 skill points. You can easily adapt it to 700 by dropping magery down to 60. I really only use it for travel and light defense.

On soulstones I also have

100 Bowcrafting
100 Alchemy
100 Lumberjacking
100 Cooking

I switch them out as necessary depending on what I'm crafting.

I put my gargoyle imbuer on my secondary account (also has a 720 skill cap), here's his proposed template.

120 Imbuing
120 Smithing
100 Mining
100 Arms Lore
100 Tinkering
100 Bowcrafting
80 Magery (again, for travel and light defense)

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

I'm still working on him, so this template may change in the future, but this is my current target.

2- What should I use, Enhanced client OR Classic Client with UOAssist ?
I use the classic client with UOA. I have given the Enhanced client a fair try, but I just don't like it. I find the CC with UOA to be much simpler and easy to use and frankly after all these years of playing I've grown so accustomed to it (the classic client), performing some actions are second nature to me.

M

Maxandre

Here's my standard crafter templates:

Primary Mule:
120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Carpentry
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
100 Mining
80 Magery

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

This template is set up for my main account which has a cap of 720 skill points. You can easily adapt it to 700 by dropping magery down to 60. I really only use it for travel and light defense.

On soulstones I also have

100 Bowcrafting
100 Alchemy
100 Lumberjacking
100 Cooking

I switch them out as necessary depending on what I'm crafting.

I put my gargoyle imbuer on my secondary account (also has a 720 skill cap), here's his proposed template.

120 Imbuing
120 Smithing
100 Mining
100 Arms Lore
100 Tinkering
100 Bowcrafting
80 Magery (again, for travel and light defense)

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

I'm still working on him, so this template may change in the future, but this is my current target.

I use the classic client with UOA. I have given the Enhanced client a fair try, but I just don't like it. I find the CC with UOA to be much simpler and easy to use and frankly after all these years of playing I've grown so accustomed to it (the classic client), performing some actions are second nature to me.
Thanx for templates, It might take me more than 2 character tho has I dont have either soulstones and house, I will probably start with imbuer tho :)

As for Client, yeah, I installed CC with UOA, way easier to got things done :)

Does this Mystic/Tamer template good ?

120 Magery
120 Animal Taming
120 Mysticsm
120 Focus
110 Lore
110 Vet

What should the stats be on it ?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this Mystic/Tamer template good ?

120 Magery
120 Animal Taming
120 Mysticsm
120 Focus
110 Lore
110 Vet

What should the stats be on it ?
Personally, I'd drop the Focus to 100 and put the extra 20 points into lore and vet. That will give you better control over your pets and more effective heals. Then as the account ages and you get that extra 5 points each year put it into focus at that point.

For stats I'd (providing you can get a stat scroll) go with something like

Str 75
Dex 55
Int 125

If I remember correctly Taming and Magery both use Int as the primary stat. You'll want to maximize your mana for a character that relies so heavily on casting.

T

taglol

I mailed EA when I had the same problem. They removed my 14-day trial time, instead of removing the limitations. Oh well.

M

Maxandre

As I dont have any soulstone, I am trying to look at another setup for crafter...

Gargoyle crafter 1:

120 Imbuing
120 Bowcrafting
120 Lumberjack
120 Alchemy
120 Cooking
120 Magery

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

Human Crafter 2:

120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Carpentry
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
100 Mining
80 Magery

100 Str
90 Dex
35 Int

Would that be good ? Is there other skills that helps crafting skill ? As you can see, to prevent redundancy, I have removed Arms Lore from the first crater and made all the skills to 120.

Any changes suggested ?