• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free Accounts Should be for NEW PLayers Only

• Thread starter MissGameGirl
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MissGameGirl

Just wanted to add one more comment regarding free player abuse, every week I see postings on the forum and in game from Veteran Players who's accounts are being hacked/scammed and stripped of everything. These are the paying players. I do think that these scammers/thieves are using free accounts that require zero personnal information to commit these crimes just as they have in the past they are using free/trial accounts.

G

The old timers need to realize that scammers are out there. In the 5+ years, I have pretty much seen it all. Now having free accounts, scammers can come and go yet still scam everyone... or try to. This is crazy to even be talking about, but new people = new problems and scammers

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why should paid players be allowed to exploit free accounts in any way? This has always been a bone of contension in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you don't mean it in an offensive way against me, but I still want to reply.
I am not exploiting any free accounts, I have 3 formerly paid accounts and at the moment only enough RL cash to have 1 paid. I might pay for one more of them before April 30, but it will be a stretch economically.
And I am questioning the game dynamics that make so many people see the need to pay for 1-2-3-4-5 or more accounts.

Sure, if EA restricts free accounts to a free player hellhole, it's up to them.
I don't however think it's in the game's best interest to do so, and I have some concerns about it on a personal level too, seeing as all my friends in the game right now are free players.

I don't think the only way to deal with scammers, griefers, botters and other unwanted elements is to make it more difficult to be a free player or restrict them to a little playground area.
As stated above, Linden labs are able to deal with it in other ways, why should EA be any worse?

M

MissGameGirl

The old timers need to realize that scammers are out there. In the 5+ years, I have pretty much seen it all. Now having free accounts, scammers can come and go yet still scam everyone... or try to. This is crazy to even be talking about, but new people = new problems and scammers
The problem is an old one, 5+ years, allowing free or in the past trial accounts access to Paid Premium Players, with nothing to loose in scamming/stealing, harrassing and circumventing the system. This is a new game still in the beta testing stages and still at the point where the old problems can/should be addressed and fixed. Give free accounts a city of their own to check it all out, everything the game has to offer and then give them incentives to become Paying Customers. Veteran players are already being given an incentive to get new people to join, weekly bonuses, keep this feature and I assure you that Veteran Players will in fact flock to the new city to entice free player into joining.

G

I have played SL and found, as a free player, the game to be very boring. They do restrict what you can do... just not where you can go. SL gives you many reasons to become a paying member. EAL gives you full access in TC3 which is unlike any other online game that I know of. Even WoW gives you a 14 day trial.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

This may not be a popular opinion but here goes, "All Free Players should be NEW Accounts-Not Subscribers". I am hoping that EA will not allow history (Bad History) to repeat itself and allow subscribing accounts to continue to use and abuse Free Accounts. I have read many posting on here regarding "free accounts" coming into a house and literally trashing it out by not cleaning dishes, eating food, clogging toilets, and not speaking,(the ppl I have meet from other countries do speak). This all sounds too familiar to the "Tagging" of the old days. The people in the forum who reported these things said, "I don't want to even open my house." wasn't that the purpose of "Tagging" to get you to close up. I have also heard numerous people in game state that they are being harrassed constantly be free accounts or 0-10 day accounts coming in to their houses calling them vulgar names. (ik use the filter but then only your guest will know what you are being called!) Again these ppl report that they are not opening their houses! And some have or are on the verge of quitting the game. The point is this is old, old, old and has no place in the new world. &lt;As I see it, even if you have just one paid account you have 8 avatars to choose from. When all accounts go through the process of amnesty I can not image that anyone will want to delete an account and loose locks.("Good Job")&gt; So take away their last weapon, being anonymous is powerful to cowards, let them put their subscribing "Premium Accounts" on the line, let their be consequences to their actions. And let the people who play this game for fun and friendship ultimately set the course of its future. Because we know the future of where "the Cowards" will take us, back to empty cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this seriously a real problem? New players are just as likely to come and and do stupid stuff as former paid subscribers. I no longer have a paid subscription, but I am glad I still have the option to pop in and chat with friends if I need to. Even if it's only rolling with Jackiee and watching her break-up sim marriages

To me, what you are suggesting is an unfair solution to a silly problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This may not be a popular opinion but here goes, "All Free Players should be NEW Accounts-Not Subscribers". I am hoping that EA will not allow history (Bad History) to repeat itself and allow subscribing accounts to continue to use and abuse Free Accounts. I have read many posting on here regarding "free accounts" coming into a house and literally trashing it out by not cleaning dishes, eating food, clogging toilets, and not speaking,(the ppl I have meet from other countries do speak). This all sounds too familiar to the "Tagging" of the old days. The people in the forum who reported these things said, "I don't want to even open my house." wasn't that the purpose of "Tagging" to get you to close up. I have also heard numerous people in game state that they are being harrassed constantly be free accounts or 0-10 day accounts coming in to their houses calling them vulgar names. (ik use the filter but then only your guest will know what you are being called!) Again these ppl report that they are not opening their houses! And some have or are on the verge of quitting the game. The point is this is old, old, old and has no place in the new world. &lt;As I see it, even if you have just one paid account you have 8 avatars to choose from. When all accounts go through the process of amnesty I can not image that anyone will want to delete an account and loose locks.("Good Job")&gt; So take away their last weapon, being anonymous is powerful to cowards, let them put their subscribing "Premium Accounts" on the line, let their be consequences to their actions. And let the people who play this game for fun and friendship ultimately set the course of its future. Because we know the future of where "the Cowards" will take us, back to empty cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this seriously a real problem? New players are just as likely to come and and do stupid stuff as former paid subscribers. I no longer have a paid subscription, but I am glad I still have the option to pop in and chat with friends if I need to. Even if it's only rolling with Jackiee and watching her break-up sim marriages

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh lets do that again. Saturday? &lt;3

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bring the swimsuits... you bring the DJ who refuses to play my requests?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bring the swimsuits... you bring the DJ who refuses to play my requests?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he wouldn't play it b/c it was for a "free" account.

G

The Free Player account is not only for use as a trial account, but also for future use by EA Game players using EA-L as a game portal.

It is designed for a long term use by players that do *not* want to play our game, but only use the portal, as a general meeting place to find company and playmates for other EA Games....a meeting place that they can customize and accessorize to suit themeselves.

*That is why they get a size 0 lot to build a little 'pad' on.
*That is part of the reason we have ATM's.
*That is why they do *not* get to create CC, but can buy it.
*That is why it is *not* like other trial accounts....because it is not strictly a 'trial account'.

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

I have also heard numerous people in game state that they are being harrassed constantly be free accounts or 0-10 day accounts coming in to their houses calling them vulgar names. (ik use the filter but then only your guest will know what you are being called!) Again these ppl report that they are not opening their houses! And some have or are on the verge of quitting the game. The point is this is old, old, old and has no place in the new world.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no reason why subscribers wouldn't also have free accounts. Image the time coming up with a control system.
The above may happen to some and it's time again to change the whole game. I don't think so. Plus we don't know if all those complainers were all innocent.

I'm glad there are also many free accounts in the game, I like the traffic! It's much more entertaining nowadays...

G

I disagree... I think the free accounts aren't getting abused because they don't count as visitor time anymore and there great to use for storage, or for object limit, which is not abusing it's just having a good idea to solve object limit issues.