• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Forsaken Souls

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
???

Forsaken souls do give threads (of thought) - it's just that the drop rate is a LOT lower if you try to collect them via killing them as opposed to exorcising them. I got some both ways with my necro earlier.

Corrupted Souls give out Threads of fate, but at a much higher drop rate for melee kills than any other method.

The last type (the yellow ones) give out threads from people using spirit speak, which can be done even at 0 skill (like forensics was during the Royal Council investigation.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was gonna say if they don't give threads then..... well.... somethings wrong with my Necro cause he's gotten dozens of them.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having problem getting one thread of fate from corrupted soul on the Atlantic shard,
did not get one before server down and haven't gotten one since server up. I am using my necro/mage, so I use ev's and necro spells. Are they ammune to magic spells?
I did this on a melee char on test and had no problems?
confussed

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks Basara, I was wondering what I was doing wrong. I've gotten life and thought threads, but killed way more corrupted souls and not gotten a single thread. I was trying to do all quests with the same character, guess I better take my warrior there instead.