• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Formosa] - ^_^ My 2012 Guild on Formosa ^_^

A

Ah Beng

Updated 17 Jan 08 :

I've permanently left Oceania, and now play only on Formosa. From approximately equal numbers when I played on both shards, now the Oceania branch of 2012 (which I did not disband, but simply left it) now has a whooping 2 veteran members (see here), while the 2012 on Formosa now has a healthy 63 veteran members (see here).

Currently in Fel or pvp-wise, the most active guilds are TFB, X78, LGH and M&H. The new GM of M&H alliance Caro (who is also GM of PoP, not surprisingly allied to M&H) certainly has ambitious plans to make M&H the top guild on Formosa. Since seizing power from the previous GMs Alan & Po, Caro has brought M&H to power, overtaking both LGH and FB guilds as the largest guild on Formosa.

As for 2012, while we do have no intention of directly participating in Fel guild politics, we're keen on promoting consensual, recreational pvp in UO as an olympic sport of sorts. Basically, we would like to encourage all UO players to adopt a healthy, fun attitude towards pvp, without the trash talking and ego issues. To view UO pvp as a science and an art, a culture to be enjoyed in the right attitude and spirit. To this end, 2012 is intended to provide a supportive environment to nuture and encourage all players to take up and enjoy pvp - the endgame of UO.

Anyone interested in joining my guild 2012 on Formosa, feel free to look me up in-game, and/or ICQ me at 7689676 (I don't have MSN).

Happy 2008!
Atlantean Angel [2012]

I'm the GM of my 2012 Guild on Formosa. If anyone playing on Formosa who's not already in existing guilds (if you're already in a guild and are happy inside, good for you, have fun and I'll cya around!), and might be interested in joining my guild, please leave your ICQ here.

So again, anyone not already in a pre-existing guild and are interested in joining us, you'll be most certainly welcome. As I strongly believe in personal freedom of fun, in 2012, you will do whatever you enjoy doing - pvp, champ spawns, peerless, doom, magincia event, etc. Just use guild-chat (or even alliance chat! we're part of a well-established alliance on Formosa) to invite anyone else to join you.

One note regarding pvp : some players who haven't tried pvp much previously and have an interest in doing so, but when they try to pvp others in felucca, find that they're only being ganked and outnumbered, and thus lose interest in pvp... well here's the solution : get together with your friends and setup your own guild to enjoy consensual pvp training (eg. 1 on 1, on foot, mounted, with rules, without rules, etc), or you could simply join my guild and enjoy consensual pvp with us! We have pvp characters in our guild with a variety of templates, for your pvp fun & entertainment!

One note regarding shard transfer - some Asian or Sg players currently on 'ang-moh' or USA/European shards, you might feel tempted to xshard to Formosa or the Japanese/Korean shards for better ping. If you do xshard to Formosa (the ping does vary with time of day, and with ISP, check it out first), you're welcome to join my guild if you like.

(But if you're the type who wants to join the strongest pvp guilds on any shard, you should know on Formosa, the two pvp superpowers are TFB guild and X78 guild. You can request in-game to join them if you want.)

Ah Beng, aka
Atlantean Angel (call me 'AA' in-game)
GM of 2012 (Formosa), ex-GM of 2012 (Oceania)

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah Beng is probably the strongest SG pvper. Rich experiences in pvping from US to Asia and Oceania.

Ah Beng, hows your ping to Formosa?
I am on SCV cable service and my ping to Formosa is 700+ on weekends! If this continues, I am going to suspense my account again.

A

Ah Beng

Hi Kei,

Guo jiang le, but kam sia for ur most kind words. I do miss the thoroughly enjoyable pvp experiences with you good pple, such as Choon, yourself Kei, Sublime, Alpha, etc. And yes, fond-yet-frustrating memories of pvp on the US shards - fond because the americans do love a good pvp, but frustrating becoz of our lousy ping on US shards.

Speaking of lousy ping, you're right Kei, my ping to Formosa is pretty bad these couple days/weeks. I'm on Pacific Net, and I notice sometimes other shards (even US shards!) overtake Formosa ping. Sometimes it's still the best ping though, even better than the Japan shards. The ping is fluctuating and unsteady, but overall it does seem to be worse than a few months back.

Hope to have the chance to friendly-pvp with you (and Sar!) again when the Sg to Formosa ping is restored... if ever.

A

Ah Beng

Was really fun pvping with Kei again after all these... years? Yea it's been that long (well ok, we did spar for like 30 seconds a few months back when Sar was busy changing his baby son's diapers...).

Kei's really good and effective with his necromage (doncha just love those stamina draining pain-spikes! and corpseskin-fire attack combos, of course), Kei's a certainly creative, thinking-on-his-feet, deadly pvper indeed! Hope to see Kei spar with Sublime soon (necro vs necro), and looking forward to more regular pvp fun with Kei and all you guys!

A

Ah Beng

<blockquote><hr>

I'll join your guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi XTekNikX,

Unfortunately, due to rl stuff keeping me busy, I haven't been, and still won't be, logging in UO, for some time yet. If you're still solo when I meet you in-game, you're welcome to join 2012. In the meantime, do have fun exploring and pvping on Formosa!

<blockquote><hr>

Ah beng Ah beng.... come to yamato... always good ping 24/7, besides, i am so lonely here !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh Choon... cannot leh, my Yamato ping is 160-200, while Formosa is 80-120 (still my best ping). And, Choon bro, you'll be busy preparing for your wedding next month liao!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

A

Ah Beng

Yes, I'm still inviting pple to join my guild 2012, in case any of you are interested. Pple who want to have a good fun time and hang out together. Pple who want to enjoy recreational consensual pvp (either individual or group).

If you're into full-time heavy-teamwork field battles, or 'war' as some pple call it, join TFB and/or X78, or the other guilds in their alliances. They're indisputably the major pvp guilds on Formosa. But if they're not your cup of tea and you'll rather just enjoy recreational consensual pvp on your own time (eg. if you just want some individual quiet practice without pressure), and without field-objectives or other pressurizing agenda (eg. crashing other pple's champ spawns, Fel Trinsic spawns, etc), feel free to join one of your pvp chars into 2012, and enjoy a different kind of pvp fun and practice at your own time, own target.

^_^
Ah Beng
Atlantean Angel
2012, Formosa
2012, Oceania

E

extazy

ah beng...im interested in talking to you...icq me...270-390-586...im at work right now will b on in a couple hours

A

Ah Beng

(Update 17 Jan 08)

I've permanently left Oceania, and now play only on Formosa. From approximately equal numbers when I played on both shards, now the Oceania branch of 2012 (which I did not disband, but simply left it) now has a whooping 2 veteran members (see here), while the 2012 on Formosa now has a healthy 63 veteran members (see here).

Currently in Fel or pvp-wise, the most active guilds are TFB, X78, LGH and M&amp;H. The new GM of M&amp;H alliance Caro (who is also GM of PoP, not surprisingly allied to M&amp;H) certainly has ambitious plans to make M&amp;H the top guild on Formosa. Since seizing power from the previous GMs Alan &amp; Po, Caro has brought M&amp;H to power, overtaking both LGH and FB guilds as the largest guild on Formosa.

As for 2012, while we do have no intention of directly participating in Fel guild politics, we're keen on promoting consensual, recreational pvp in UO as an olympic sport of sorts. Basically, we would like to encourage all UO players to adopt a healthy, fun attitude towards pvp, without the trash talking and ego issues. To view UO pvp as a science and an art, a culture to be enjoyed in the right attitude and spirit. To this end, 2012 is intended to provide a supportive environment to nuture and encourage all players to take up and enjoy pvp - the endgame of UO.

Anyone interested in joining my guild 2012 on Formosa, feel free to look me up in-game, and/or ICQ me at 7689676 (I don't have MSN).

Happy 2008!
Atlantean Angel [2012]