• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Those Who Are Unsure...

• Thread starter Baghdaddy1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Well I havent personally but I have watched a guildy use a Twinkling Scimitar and do it. It did take longer than normal but they did do it.

G

genuine_fake

uotrunks, your setup is just fine. Your suit is definitely not the problem. I would say try to get 2% more LMC (it's been mentioned quite a bit that LMC is just better for us in increments of 20) but you have so much mana leech on your axe that it shouldn't be a problem.

The only advice I can give is don't panic. If you run from him, even just a little bit, your leech is not helping any. Keep evasion up, always use LS, make sure to honor, and you should do just fine. Sometimes he gets lucky with a melee hit and dumps all his mana. He isn't very likely to do it over and over. How many times have you tried to solo him?

Also, your only HLD is on your glasses, and you have 115 swords, so it might be that you aren't building up the momentum fast enough in the beginning that you so desperately need. Just pray the 30% kicks in fast enough, and once it does, I think you'll be okay.

M

moratha

<blockquote><hr>

weapon ornate axe
22 stam leech
62 mana leech
30 ssi
31 di
and a silly 36 luck

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly how insanely hard it is to find a good weapon, so I feel bad for saying this. But I would look for a weapon with 40+ di, 25-30 ssi, and at least 60 life/mana leech. The stamina isn't a problem with Divine Fury.

I've done a hundred lockbox quests over the weekend, and I have as of yet to find a good weapon, however I did get an ornate with 70 life 62 mana 48 stamina 42 lighting. (no ssi or di)
without the DI or SSI I hit slower, however I no longer use aides.

B

Bill Brasky

trunks, are you riding a bonded exy armored swampy so you take 20% less damage? That could be your problem.

R

Rockduck

Is there any sense to drop the Tactics totaly for Necro? So if the build in the end would be something like:

120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
90 Healing
and rest to chiv.

How much Necro you actually need to cast even the Vamp form. Or is this build still working?

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a ex swampy sorry for the delay on responding.

And as for this temp yea still works just takes more work. The changes were more annoying than any thing. And as for droping tactics realy matters what you want to do like soloing df it can be done with out ww but its just alot more work. And there isnt much reason to have your necro that high with out ss because all you will realy be casting is vamp form and any thing else you would want to cast needs ss.

K

kraken11

First, I would like to say how helpful everyone's comments have been. So thank you for posting your comments and views.
Second, I was hoping for some clairification on a few issues such as: where is the information located that says that paroxysmus` swamp dragon gives only a 10% damage reduction bonus versus PvM and not 20% like exceptional armor crafted by a GM smith? Is it now pointless to have HCI items since lightning strike adds 50 HCI if you are building a pure PvM warrior would you only need DCI? And lastly since the changes to evasion is there any point in using evasion or is everyone using counter attack . . . also it is stated here that GM anatomy is needed for evasion bonus if you have 65 anatomy would you gain any bonus to evasion?

B

Balian

what are the desireable mods that you look for on arms and gloves, if you are not using storm grips?

MR?
HPI?
RFD?

thanks

S

sean_lo

Could you uber samurais please post your gear? I'm quite curious to the total resists on your sleeves/gloves/legs and your jewelry stats. Don't be shy. Please.

C

Connor_Graham

what are the desireable mods that you look for on arms and gloves, if you are not using storm grips?

MR?
HPI?
RFD?

thanks
Mana Regen & Stamina Increase would be #1 & #2 to look for. After that Mana Increase.

S

spadektf

I finally did some template altering after 2 plus years. I went ahead and stoned my gm tactics and replaced it with 45 tactics and 55 necro to give vamp form a shot. I was getting real envious reading how everyone enjoyed it.

I go down to the gauntlet and was simply amazed. The damage output was a little bit lower but I was still getting criticals for 180ish rather than 220ish but IMHO, the benefit of the life leech in itself is worth the vamp form. I found that it took me much less time to kill the DF (did not die) and I actually welcomed the spawn as you can see by the screenie. The hits I was scoring with momentum strike and whirlwind kept me near full health.

I was impressed to say the least and look forward to going back down there. The rest of the bosses were an absolute joke. I killed the darknight creeper so fast that 2 fleshies spawned (i dont know, i was alone and I'm not sure what made the other fleshie spawn) and at first I though I bit off more than I could chew but with the life leech and confidence, momentum strike 4tw. I wish I grabbed a screenie of that.

Sadly, I have been soloing doom all week and haven't got nothing. lol, thats how it goes I guess. Just got to find some bracers and trade my taming mark for the necro one.

Im new to uo nd i was reading through these forums nd your template caught my eye. so i started building my char. but when i went nd bought a necro spellbook i looked through it nd saw that u need a min skill of 99 for vamp form... just wondering how it is possible for you to do it with 55?

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u need to get +necro items- midnight bracers give you 20, ossian griimore 10, bloodwood spirt 5, jewels 30. 65 total.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
template:

120 mace
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
120 anatomy
70 chivalry
50 necro

one handed mace with:

46 mana leech
46 lightning
48 hit physical area
14 hci
25 ssi
40 DI

i can do alright against the DF or any other melee type fighter.

I cant do a THING against lady mel though am I missing something?

suit IN vamp form-

70-62-68-70-51 48 hci - 39 DCI - 93 DI

any suggestions on what to change? do I need healing? If so, what skill do i need to drop?

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i kept the same template but switched to Katrina's Crook for the mana/life/stam leech. Plus as a 2 handed weapon it works better for parry and evasion chances.

What would be easier to do? Parox / DH / Travesty with this template? I realize that against mega spellcasters like a Lady Mel this is almost impossible...

B

Baghdaddy1

Long time no see Drawn. :)

To answer your question, DH and Paroxy are both pretty simple so i would recommend going after them. Once you get on Legends, I will show you exactly how to do it. :)

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey bud! Back after almost a 2 yr break. got an account and I am looking to make it back to Legends :D Is Katrina's Crook any good? It works for me right now as it is almost like a Soul Seeker with better leeches. I have np with miasma's but swoops I whiff alot even with lightning strike. I have 44 HCI as well :( Am I doing something wrong?:coco:

C

Connor_Graham

Swoop was buffed while you were gone. Skill levels, HP's, and barding difficulty were all increased. He's a tough old bird now, which is why you rarely see anyone except tamers there now.

S

Snuggleray

Will this template be dead after they put in the Necro nerf or do any of you guys think that it will still be playable? I'm currently not playing but I was sad when I read about it, lots of good memories on this guy.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this template be dead after they put in the Necro nerf or do any of you guys think that it will still be playable? I'm currently not playing but I was sad when I read about it, lots of good memories on this guy.
I never really was big on the template. I had tinkered with it. Not to say I wanted it to go away. I use this template and have for the past 5 years. Can solo anything but the peerless, balron paragon, and ancient wyrm paragon. Everything else is dust.

120 Weapon
120 Parry
120 Anatomy
90 Tactics
120 Resist
90 Healing
60 Chivalry

Stats: 45 DCI/45 HCI LMC 38%, 147 HP, 150 DEX. Have jewelry w +11 tactics and + 10 chivalry to help boost stats. Anything 3/3 Casting and above will work. Use slayer weapons with mana leech whenever possible. Can supplement an ecru ring to be even tougher.

Everything from named monsters to Doom bosses die. All the room bosses are easily dispatched of...minutes of work if that. Dark Father takes considerably longer though. Have to swap slayers out as needed with mana leech on them to use whirlwind to dispatch the spawn. Hit and run tactics are needed at times against Dark Father. BUT, when you are hitting for over 120+ a hit on him that helps...

You can cycle 3 to 5 GOOD hits in on him. Run when needed...stay around the teleportal.

The template sounds simple, but you have to have:

1. Knowledge of monsters and their weakness. i.e. slayer or if they have a weak resist if they are not slayer prone.

2. HAVE to have heavy based mana leech weapons. This means the best of the best weapons with all 40+'s and DI of at least 40 on them. Should ideally have stamina leech as well.

3. More than 30 HCI and 30 DCI to be effective on tough mobs.

4. Knowledge of when to use EoO or not. EoO will kill you on this template used in the wrong place.

5. Good weapon swap out macros. Can't cut corners here.

6. Have to ideally carry several weapons on you at all times. Even for PvP.

7. This template is HEAVY item based and HEAVY MANA based. You won't be able to efficiently pull it off without great weaponry, armor and tactics.

This template can also be a handful in the PvP battlefield. In the old days you could swap out the tactics when you PvM for poisoning to PvP. Everything was at your mercy except hybrid templates which can be a handful depending on the skill of the player.

The template is defensive in nature in comparison to a pure samurai template (tactics + anatomy). So, if you're looking for a completely offensive template, this is not it.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tactics is extremely over-rated!!!:scholar:
20:
anat
bush
parry
weapon
85:
healing
100:
necro
55:
chiv

Haven't done doom on this template, as I can solo on my provo/disco/tamer.

Still get the LL from normal hits, crits dont max out like they should...but max is 150 with this template with 101% di. Suit resists: 63/63/70/64/61
Best weapon is HLA, HML, HSL (hit lower attack, mana, stam leech)
Able to stay in vamp form for LL ability, and bandaids for secondary healing/curing powers.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, I use to run this sammy template but when they nerfed evasion I went in another direction...

I still have a sweet ornate axe and all the artifacts...I will post my exact template later...I just want to know is this still viable ( 2009) for solo pvm and most pvp with an ornate axe?