• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Those Who Are Unsure...

• Thread starter Baghdaddy1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Balian

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

1) Should I go elf, or human? Why?
2) what is your stat cap, how are your stats distributed, W/O equipment?
3) The other day I looted a +4 dex, 15hci, 14dci, 1fcr, 11sdi ring. you think this ring is missing anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I use elf for the Equipment (HCI DI Darkwood) and the extra 20 mana. I dont use weapon specials as much as I use Bush spells so Human wasnt helping out too much there.
2. 250 120 Str 118 Dex 17 Int, 138 Str 130 Dex 20 Int After Mods, 150 Str 150 Dex after Pots 138 Str is needed to wear a 95 Str suit to DH and not lose it inbetween str pots.
3. The only Major thing its missing is Damaga Increase. SDI is almost useless for a warrior. But without DI your losing possible life leech points from not doing as much dmg. I look for Braces with 10+ HCI 10+ DCI 20+ DMI and stats usually. The faster casting doesnt affect me either because I keep protect up for uninterupt chiv spells.

Thats just my thoughts, Im sure youll get a few others.

edit: Typos :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry for dumb question, I dont play any mages actively. is that Protection the one that changes your resists? Does it last until it is re cast upon hte target again?

G

Lasts untill recast. Gives -15 Physical Resist -25 Resist Spells Max of -2 fc/fcr with max of 2 (i think) but gives Uninterupted casting. It knocks my resist down to 63 but with a vet robe I'm at 66. 4 points in phys is well worth being able to heal or cleanse anytime while freeing up jewelry mods.

G

only effects FC not fcr...
But it does drop fc by -2....so if you are zero fc you are now -2 fc...very slow!
Personally I just hated losing the phys resist and the Resist spells!

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I just hated losing the phys resist and the Resist spells!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wraith form gives +15 Physical

Sorry, I realize this is a Vamp thread.... I'll retreat back to the shadows....

A

anubis_NDC

How do you get the massive amount of damage? I usually end up with about 60 with the axe and 40 for soulseeker (both unbuffed except honour)?

G

well buff the heck out of them.......honour monster...cast CW..cast EoO use LS for criticals. My normal damage is anywhere between 100 and 198. The tougher the monster the longer I attack it...the higher the numbers get....or so it seems.
Only broken 200 once. But I am routinely doing between 150 and 190.

A

anubis_NDC

Buffed I am lucky if I get over 120 including all the above, usually I honour, CW and EOO (depending on what is about) and LS. Damage increases over time. Tacs is 100 anat 105 STR 138

G

the only thing left I can think of is the weapon...ornate axe with 35 or 45 % damage increase. Oh and your Damage increase of you suit, talismen etc.
Primer of arms had DI as does my rings and braclet.

My damage increase is about 75%
My base damage on my status window says 58-64...so when I am up over 150 it is all bonuses.
hope this helps
TW

I

imported_silent

This is great info, I'm a professed bushido newbie. Why wouldn't you use a one handed weapon and get the advantage of dci/hci on a shield?

G

genuine_fake

If you have Bushido, you Parry with your weapon. Using a shield, you have something like a 5% chance to parry at 120/120 if I remember correctly.

Not getting the bonus of a shield is one of the drawbacks of Bushido. But, if you use a 1 handed weapon, you can also drink potions. 1 handed weapons have a smaller chance of parrying than 2 handed, but the difference is not that great. At 120/120, the chance with 2 handed is 40% and with 1 handed is 35%. Of course, if you factor in the parry chances after evasion, I guess it would be 60% and 52.5%, so the difference might be more noticeable.

A little update on my samurai: not being used too much at the moment, I'm still trying to find a good weapon and cheap 120 scrolls. If anybody has a weapon with 50 lower attack, 50 lower def, 50 mana leech, 50 life leech, 30 or so SSI, and 35 damage increase that they'd like to give away, PM me.

I

imported_silent

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm currently in the tweener stage my bush is only at 60 and rising my parry is gm so if I go shieldless I'm still getting beat on so I'm still using a shield. I wonder at what point I should drop the shield?

G

drop it now if you want to ever parry anything....add dci to cap ( 45)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baghdaddy1 wrote:

<blockquote><hr>

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

helm of insight
gauntlets of nobility
jackals collar
rune beetle carapace
fey leggings
high resist mana regen 2 sleeves
ring, 13 HCI/DCI, resists
brace 12 HCI/ 10 DCI, 7 LMC, resists
5 DCI quiver
primer on arms talisman
crimson

stats with gear on:
str- 130 hit points
dex- 145
int- 78

lowest resist is 63 and highest is 66, 48 DCI, 30 lmc, 7 mana regen, 40 DI (minus weapon), for weapons, I prefer ornates with ssi, mana leech, hld at the minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weapons/modifiers you use mostly with this template ?

G

Departed, this is the post I was refferring to...consider it bumped

D

Departed

Bump

tidE: I bumped this before I got to the last page an saw your comment Timberwolf

G

GuitarStrings129

would you ever consider using a waraxe if say you could switch swords for mace for a day?
I have a waraxe -
50ML
15HCI
25SSI
50 DI

that seems perfect for this kind of template.

along with a diamond mace
40ML
43HLD
15DCI
25SSI

S

Silver-S-

I am still trying to figure out whether I am going to do the 120 Sword/Bush/Parry route with 25 tact or do the all 120s template I just cant decide.

120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Swords
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
70 Chiv
30 Necro

I think that is the template, I would think it would generate enough damage to leech and stay healed and still be able to use close wounds. I have been trying to put together an assassin suit but it is just too hard nobody sells the gloves/legs or has them so I might go with the first template.

I just bought this axe, can anyone give me a price check on it and tell me how well it is going to work?

Axe
Fireball 46
HML 63
HLD 40
HCI 12
DI 49

It has no swing speed but its a 3s wep is that fast enough for the template?

M

mjolnir131

no it needs ssi; everything needs ssi even 2 seond weapons becouse if you get hit your stam drops

i would price it in the 1 to 5 k range maybe

the gametime is to important to sue a slow weapon i mean even at 150 stam your still going to swing near every other second thats just to long a time between swings

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is rigth about SSI, &amp; another problem is the Fireball. Fireball is good for figthing mages in PvP, but bad for PvM. Reson being it makes you stop running or moving when it goese off.

M

mjolnir131

and if you think it's accually worth more your the reason most vendors carry crap these days couse they don't have to sell the good stuff to make money

S

Silver-S-

well Stratics is right you are a Babbling Loonie

If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all

G

Well, It's definitely worth more than 5k, but probably less than 100k. Without SSI, it's not going to be very useul in pvp or pvm. Still, it's better than average loot.

The reason vendors carry lots of overpriced crap these days is because with the gold dupes, anything that's really good will command it's own price, and sell instantly.

M

mjolnir131

no your confuising what it's worth with what you can get a gimp to buy it for

and no it's very average loot 3 really nice mods without any ssi i see it all the time its not unlike what you see on the ground at NH

S

Silver-S-

just sold the wep for 20mil btw so it looks like im buying an Ornate with SSI on it!!! ICQ me @ 82568339 if you have a good one.

B

Balian

Please give me the blokes icq, the one who bought for 20 mill, i got about 250 weps better than that that I would transfer over to his shard for him to buy....20 mill for all lol

M

mjolnir131

oh gods P.T barnum was correct there is one born every minute and it appears they all play UO

M

mjolnir131

jimmy i'm torn between thinking he's BSing and wanting to belive that i can put even greater crap on my vendor and sell it for even more gold
i already bring to much garbage home to sell

S

Silver-S-

plz meet me in game and sell me your weapons that you dont want my ICQ is 82568339

I am interested in buying all of your "junk weps"

S

Silver-S-

I would like to personally apologize to everyone else who reads this thread. This thread is a great thread and a couple unknowledgeable people had to go and ruin it at the end here. I think they were unaware that with 150 dex and the wep being a 3s wep the wep would end up being 1.5s which I would certainly consider a fast weapon and would not be required to have SSI.

Anyway, please stop ruining the thread and if you dont believe me go see Collia at the Atlantic Brit bank who now reselling the wep and has a bidder for 30mil. And since you two have called me stupid and a liar. Maybe your the stupid one for holding onto 250 of those weps that you think are "better" than this one. Looks like your missing out on about 5 billion in game gold there. =/ Whos smart now...

M

mjolnir131

your so right about somebody trying to derail this trhead and be nastry and guess who it was .............

<blockquote><hr>

well Stratics is right you are a Babbling Loonie

If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all

[/ QUOTE ]

S

Silver-S-

<blockquote><hr>

and if you think it's accually worth more your the reason most vendors carry crap these days couse they don't have to sell the good stuff to make money

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh maybe I should quote your offensive statement right before mine? just go away....

M

mjolnir131

thats offencive ........oh ok ....que theme song to dark shadows

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

1. Figure out Weapon Base speed in ticks. Take whatever speed in seconds your weapon says on the tooltip and multiply that number by 4. If you are barehanded, you swing at the fastest weapon rate (10 ticks = 2.5 seconds). Example: The Halberd (4.25 second base speed) has a base speed of 17 ticks.
2. Figure out Stamina Ticks (Current Stamina / 30). Example: Current Stamina = 50. So Stamina Ticks rounded down = 1.
3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase modifier from equipment. Example: 20.

Here is the formula:
a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
ex. Hit Start = ((17 - 1) * (100.0 / (100 + 20)))
c. Make sure minimum swing time is never less than 5 ticks (1.25 seconds).
ex. The calculated Halberd Hit Start speed = 13 ticks (3.25 seconds)

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Axe = 3s * 4 = 12 Ticks
2. Stamina = 150 / 30 = 5 Ticks
3. SSI 0

((12 - 5) * (100 / ( 100 + 0))) = Hit Start
( 7 ) * ( 1 )
7 / 4 = 1.75

<blockquote><hr>

I think they were unaware that with 150 dex and the wep being a 3s wep the wep would end up being 1.5s

[/ QUOTE ]
But you were really close.... just unaware of the actual numbers.

S

Silver-S-

atleast we are learning something here =) I just wish you would stop pming me that im a liar and then we could actually be friends!

E

Eoin Smithson

So, after reading this thread I've decided to go ahead and shamelessly copy you guys for my Sammy...
This is what I've got right now (obviously still working on it!)

Any suggestions, hints or tips to help an old-timer/newbie?

STR: 109
DEX: 140
INT: 38
Skillcap: 250

HP: 120
Stamina: 140
Mana: 63

Resists:
Physical: 70
Fire: 70
Cold: 70
Poison: 65
Energy: 70

Skills:
Anatomy: 110
Bushido: 105
Chiv: 90
Healing: 100
Parry: 85
Swords: 110
Tactics: 110

Equipment:
Helm of Insight
Jackals Collar
Quiver of Infinity
Crimson Cincture
Robe of the Eclipse
Rune Beetle Carapace
Gauntlets of Nobility
Fey Leggings (Human)
Horned Leather Sleeves
Ring of the Elements
Bracelet: FCR2, Physical Resist 13%, Fire 14%, enhance pots 25%

Library Talisman - Primer on Arms Damage Removal
Charger of the Fallen

Weapon (for now) is either Talon Bite
or Flesh Ripper with the Shield of Invulnerability

Mods (without weapon)
Mana Increase 25
Mana Regen 6
Lower Mana Cost 23%
Hit Point Increase 8
Hit Point Regen 6
Faster Cast Recovery 2
Defense Chance Increase 25%
Damage Increase 20%
Luck: 295

G

genuine_fake

For one, drop the shield of invulnerability. That cuts your parry chance down to like 5% or less. With Bushido, you parry with your weapon.

Also, it looks like when you built your suit you were focused on mana regeneration. You need to try to get more DCI and DI in there. LMC is always great. Mana leech, not mana regen, will be your main source of mana.

Your skills look pretty good. Most people prefer to lower Chivalry to fit more points into other vital skills. At 70 or so Chivalry you will cast Consecrate, Sacred Journey, Divine Fury, Cleanse by Fire, and Close Wounds just fine, and Enemy of One will succeed often enough. Since it lasts so long at high karma levels it isn't as necessary to cast EoO on the first try. Your Parry is a bit low, so I advise taking 20 out of Chiv and putting it into Parry. Swords, Bushido, and Parry should have priority for scrolling (if you can afford it, that is, since they're all pretty expensive).

I saw your post in the Chessy forums looking for a nice ornate. I'm on Chessy too, and if I find a decent swords weapon (you need to get something better than those two weapons) I'll tell you. Feel free to private message me if you need anything else or have questions.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I coped his temp to and its not ez to play as most ppl think. I can do the guant and df, chief, para cus, para lich lords, para succbus fine but for the life of me i cant take down dh. It still can be done I seen a macer take him down on pac last week. Any one have any advice my temp is...

Swords 115
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Anat 100
Chiv 70
necro 35
Healing 79 (90 with jewlery)
tactics 66 (78 with jewlery)

Str 116 Dex 149 int 25
hp 124 stam 164 mana 55

rbc , fey legs, mace and shield glass's , high resest gorget sleeves and gloves

suit comes to in vamp form 70/68/70/68/75
mr 5 , lmc 18 , dci 51 , di 20 , stam 15 , hld 30

weapon ornate axe
22 stam leech
62 mana leech
30 ssi
31 di
and a silly 36 luck

And the problem I have is I will go in and things will be going ok then all the sudden he gets moody and I die happens every time. He will poison then get a crap load of lucky hits even with evasion runing and if I try to run and heal He chain casts flame strike and I fall over dead. I dont have this problem with any thing else just dh. If any one has a chr on pac that solos dh and wouldnt mind pm me when they go and if I could stand out side and just watch or if any one has any info I would love it. My goal is to kill it before the nerf this is the only thing that I spam evasion for any ways and still die.

M

mjolnir131

well chiv at 90 is either a waist or not enough depending 85 is no fail for devine fury and 95 is no fail for dispel evil so either drop it 5 or raise it 5 would be my critque and i would say drop 5, dispel evil is good for an archer not so good for a dexer using leach weapons

M

mjolnir131

do you happen to know what kind of mace was being used? possably a special move was helping that your sword does not have?

yea that lp is a pain you almost can't run when it hits you have to leach threw it maybe use confidence at that point to keep the hp going up waiting for the cure to hit or have a freind take and spar so you can practuse hitting your cleans by fire button till it becouse automatic when you hear the posioning sound

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was useing a Diamond mace. And its not realy the posion that gets me its the time I take to deal with the poison with it be cleans , swiching weapons to cure or just useing bandages and leeching through it. It all was seems like right after the posion he just does a insane mana dump and every thing hits. drives me insane. Guess will just keep at it I know it can be done so just something else to lose hair over. One try I got in honored him and 2 secounds I was down had evasion up ls rdy and I targeted him to attack then I died.

I

imported_silent

<blockquote><hr>

I try to run and heal

[/ QUOTE ]

By running away you're losing your vamp leech and I don't think healing alone will save you since it's likely your stam has been beat down as well, so slower heals. I hate to give the AI credit but in my experience when I run from any magic caster they instinctively mana dump on me. Maybe it's my bad luck.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I hate to give the AI credit but in my experience when I run from any magic caster they instinctively mana dump on me. Maybe it's my bad luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

That all ways happens to me its why I stop runing from casters any more its do or die(inless im useing a 1 handed weapon pots ftw). Im thinking of swiching to mace to try diamond mace just for the 1 hand so I can chug heal pots to try to off set that dumb mana dump. I use a twinkiling scim on df and I just dont see 90-100 crits being abel to heal me with dh. Has any one done dh with a lower damage weapon not a ornate?

G

RTLFC

Lets just all keep this threade nice. I would rather not have to butcher it and quite possibly lose some good info.

Oh.... and stickied.