• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Those Who Are Unsure...

• Thread starter Baghdaddy1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Baghdaddy1

nice... i got two sweet ornates i pvp with: got them the first week ML went live back in 05. At the time they were both pre patch too.

30 ssi
46 mana
40 life
40 di
50 hit harm

46 hit lightning
25 ssi
45 hld
46 di
44 stamina

B

Balian

Hi,

I just found a nice radiant scim, it has hi ML, HLD, H dispel, SSI
I was thinking it would be good for whirlwind attack and to dispel the bad ass revs, do you know if it will dispel them?

I was in DOOM last night, had no trouble with the small bosses, but DF and the spawn messed me up (LL and REVS). So now I am looking for pest control weps, lol

Thanks

Hyjinx

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you running around in Vamp Form how are you getting around the HIt to your Fire resist? Are you even bothering to bring it up, or just focusing on Peerless with minimal fire attacks?

Baghdaddy, you still doing doom runs in Vamp Form? Peerless I can understand, but with that many necro casters down there without 60+ fire one corpse skin/FS combo would hit hard...a little too hard for my liking

S

Stone Rat

<blockquote><hr>

Peerless I can understand, but with that many necro casters down there without 60+ fire one corpse skin/FS combo would hit hard...a little too hard for my liking

[/ QUOTE ]***While whipping out Hot Dogs and the Fixings for Smores*** Wooo Hooo! Where we gonna test it?

B

Baghdaddy1

I am still doing Doom runs along with my Peerless and yes I stay in Vamp form. I use high fire items ie: jackals and brightsight lenses. I really hated to put the helm of insight down but the brightsight seem to be working just fine. In Vamp form, my fire resist is 67. As far as corpse skin goes in Doom, I have enough parry and DCI that I am pretty successful at using remove curse.

G

I use a Darkwood suit on my Sami. It is 5 pieces Blood and 1 frost to give max resist across the board. I run in Vamp form and even with a corpse skin I only drop down to 69 fire and 63 poison. I also like to keep protection on for uninterupted chiv spells. With protect and a vet robe I'm remain at 68 phys. That suit also gives 10 HPR and 30 Dci. But you gotta be an elf

G

Ya the loss of mana regen is a bit of pain but its not too bad. I tend to look for weapons that offer Mana Leech, SSI, and HLD. They must be able to be swung at the max rate so usually 3s is the cutoff, and only then if it has at least 20 SSI. It is a task to find the right weapon, but I know many peeps that can solo DH with no prob with this setup.
Ive even seen a record of 10 mins at DH solo.

Yes it is a lil hard to overcome, but for the more casual player I would say a Darkwood suit would be easier to come by than those Doom arties.

M

Mythfeyrune

Ive actualy had the same set up on the self for about a year i need to change some equipment and get a 120 parry and bush scroll to match ur set up but i think i can hows this axe sound to you. Ornate axe Manna leach 80 (once leace 50 manna on 1 hit) di 35 dci 9 hci 7? think i can have the same preformance as you with that axe.

Ps ive never done that kinda stuff cuz this was my first char and havnt played him sence i put him down all that time ago been playing about 29 months ^_^

G

genuine_fake

Myth, that mana leech is very nice, but the problem you're going to run into is swing speed. Without any SSI, ornate axes swing pretty slow. I think that even at 150 stamina with no SSI, you'll have a 2 second swing delay. When you get hit, your stamina is going to drop, and you'll have an even longer delay than that. When you're not swinging, you're not leeching health and mana.

If the weapon is fast, then I'd say mana leech and hit lower defense are really all you need. If the weapon is 3s or over, then you'll need swing speed increase as well as mana leech and hit lower defense.

Also wanted to update on my samurai status... it's not going too well. I got on Test to see if the difference between 115s and 120s was really that huge, and I must say that it was. I could stand up to the DF for a while, and I did notice a lot of difference. However, I got him about 1/5 dead and then I died... I'm thinking I just might not be very good at it. I might have to try a disco/provo tamer instead.

G

Yeah, Genuine is right. The key to running this template is keeping your swingspeed up. With macing and a titan's hammer, I can own any room in the citadel, even the mage room with 30+ mage/ninjas/assassins. However, if my swingspeed drops or I miss a critical DF, I'll go down fast.

That's why I'm not sure about my new ornate axe above. It's only 10 SSI, which may make it useless. On the good side tho, my stats will soon include 150 dex/stam, which I'll try to boost using blue/red pots.

G

The difference between 115/115 and 120/120 does not make sense to me but as you stated it really is significant. I know I mentioned it a few weeks ago but you pointing this out again is worth mentioning. The math doesn't make it significant, but in practice the difference is a lot more than 4% or whatever it suggests on paper.

I run a disco/provo/tamer for doom as well. It is a great template. The only reason I started making the template in this list was to try and do doom faster. It has been a fun part time distraction. My tamer can do all the rooms in about 20-30 minutes and the DF takes at least 30 minutes (some times over an hour).

I would make one of each and play them both.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing a Sammy for some time. I had resist instead of tactics. I do PVM with this character. I did not realize there was that big a difference in 120 Bushido / 120 Parry and 120 Bushido / 110 Parry. did not want to spend that much and was using the 10 points elsewhere. I bumped it up to 115 Parry when I first read this thread and with all the information provided lately, I have decided to take it to 120.

I have decided to change my Template to run as a Vamp. Template will have the skills like Baghdaddy1, except will have lower Necro and Higher Tactics. I am working on that now.

Right now, I use the Ring of the Vile and a bracelet with 14HCI and 25 DI, plus 3 other useful mods. I have been running with only the 5 DCI on quiver.

After reading this thread, I will change my Bracelet to have 11 HCI, 14 DCI and 15 DI and 2 mods. I do plan on wearing the Fey Legs for the 20 DCI. That will give me 39 DCI. Is that gonna be enough?

I would like to keep using the Ring of the Vile. Also, I was gonna wear the Mace and Shield Glasses for the HLD. My Ornate Axe does not have any, but I think is a nice Ornate Axe; SL 44 ML 57 HCI 13 SSI 30 DI 44. I also will use a Twinkling Scimitar; HLA 32 ML 47 HLD 38 LL 40 DCI 6 FC 1 DI 35. I swing both at 1.25 DPS. My sleeves have real high resist with MR 2 SR 1 LMC 4.

I am working his skills now. Raising Parry from 112 to 120, Necro to 45 and Tactics to 55. Shud have him completed this weekend, but really would like to know if he will be ok with the 39 DCI, only 6 from max.

Thanks for any input. Spanky

S

Sang

This post really sparked my interest, tryin to raise my skills up on my macer sammy. Found him some decent staves to use too. The question I have for Baghdaddy1 is have you ever tried a Stamina Regen Suit? With the added 15 SR from Vamp form...add in close to 24 SR from your suit and you dont even need divine fury! Its quite amazing...I havent fully experimented with it yet but besides the initial EoO, all I cast is CW during fights. Curse Weap from my necro/ss gives me heals and I can have both GM anat/tact without worrying about healing. My template looks like this:

120 macing/bushi/parry
100 tact/anat
70 chiv
50 ss
40 necro

My Curse Weapon lasts for 15 sec, and with Protection on, I recast without me losing any heal intervals. I've found FCR to be extremely useful b/c I can toggle Evasion/Curse Wep/Consecrate Wep very quickly. If you guys have a Stam Regen Suit, plz let me know how the full 24 SR works for you!

It would look something like:
Ornate Crown
Voice of the Fallen King
SR3 tunic
SR3 leggings
SR3 sleeves
SR3 gloves
Ring of Vile
DCI/FCR/DI Bracelet

B

Baghdaddy1

39 DCI is fine. Your ornate is perfect. very nice mods (same for the twinkling scimitar).

B

Baghdaddy1

Never tried a stam regen suit. I mainly pvp and i've always been pleased with my suit and since it is artifact heavy, I am very reliant on my jewels and sleeves. Since my main weapons tend to be slow heavy hitting 2 handers, I also like the 10 SSI bonus I get from divine fury. But there is no doubt that stacking that much stam regen, you will have no problem in the stamina department.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response. I have to tell you, I have had my Template and had not changed it in sooooo long. The last thing I did was take Tactics off for Resist. I have nice weapons, jewels and armor and just never had any problem with monsters. I always had 120 Bushido / 110 Parry and it seemed to work. Did not want to spend the 8 mil gold for a 120. Well, after reading this thread, I have started changing my Template to look very much like yours. I am very happy with the results. Today, I took him out with 115 Parry in Vamp form. WOW. I could not beleive the difference and I only had 19 DCI. I finally found me a pair of human Fey Legs. Gonna get them. Now, I have to get me some Night Sight on my sleeves. I cant wait to go out with 120 Parry and the 39 DCI. I am at 118.1 Now.

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk about your adventures, your Template, Armor and how to.

K

Keegan-ElF

Pardon my ignorance in all this, but I thought you could only honor Players. How are you getting perfection again?

G

GragusMortal

Acutally, It's quite the opposite. You cannot Honor Players but you can Honor Monsters for the Perfection Bonus.

You used to be able to Honor ppl but they decided it was a PVP Imbalance and changed it.

M

mjolnir131

harness is the accual word for suit of armor here expaned to include jewlery and othere items and i saying MS and LS as his basic starigey he is probably using heavy speical moves to couse a greater amount of damage having weapons with 45 or better hit lighting or hit fireball is nice to

B

Baghdaddy1

The crucial turning point in your battle against the Dread Horn was that you did not get to honor it. Just that difference alone is significant enough to effect the outcome. As soon as I teleport in, I immediately use my macro of invoke virtue (honor) and target the DH as soon as I can. If he blesses himself, I will run circles on the island until he heals up because having perfection going is too important.

As far as needing a heavier hitting weapon, try a talon bite on for size. With perfection and criticals, you will see some hits in the 160-200 range. Once you are low on mana, change to a nice one hander with mana leech to get your mana back (also to chug orange pots in the absence of healing). You are on the right track, keep it up. It is a matter of time before you get it down. Good luck.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to say after seeing your post Baghdaddy1,It made me (like alot of other ppl) decide to finnish my sammy. So i trained all my skills to 100+ I already had swords and tactics at 115 and thought id raise the rest just playing.So time for a quick trip to doom.There were 3 or 4 other ppl there which was a bit of luck as this char was no where near ready to solo anything.But on my 2nd round (3rd df) orni drops in my pack
so id like to thank you for your post hehe

G

I Glanced Through The Posts and I Don't Think Anyone Asked About It, But How Would You Say The Axe of The Heavens Does With A Sammy? Good or No? Obvious Downfall is No Leeches, but I'm Guessin the Thing Does Mad Damage, and The 15hci/15dci Probably Doesn't Hurt Either lol. Reason I'm Asking is I was Considering Buying One, I Seen It On A vendor For 1.75 M. I was Running With a Bokuto (20ML, 15DCI, FC1, 35SSi, 35 DI) But The Dmg Output Just Seemed So Low I Switched Back To My Soul Seeker Which Seems To Swing Just As Fast But Put Out More Dmg. I've Also Ran A Talon Bite as Stated, but That Just Seems So slow Compared To The Bokuto and Soul Seeker, lol. I Know I Want It All. lol. So Ne Word On The Axe Of The Heavens?

B

Baghdaddy1

Axe of the heavens is not bad at all. You can do some good whirlwind damage with it and of course the dci/hci mods with the 50 hit lighting is good too. You would just have to have a heavy mana leeching weapon to switch to so you can get mana back. As far as pvp goes: disarm, double strike 4tw.

G

Ok, I'm in good shape now, with 120 swords and a few good weapons (always looking for more!).

I'm wondering if you've done the other peerless yet? I'd think travesty would be easier than paroxymous, as would melisande. I wouldn't want to try Grizzle on a dexer of any kind tho.

B

Baghdaddy1

I have not had the time to try any other peerless yet. My work keeps me real busy. I did try a Shimmering a few weeks ago but I went in crunched on time and did not take the fight too seriously. The time I was in there fighting the Shimmering, it was pretty tough because I was constantly going through "embracing honor" because even with momentum strike, I was getting hit pretty hard and the additional glowing balls were not dropping quick. The fact that there is a rez point also helps so maybe in a few weeks I will get serious about it. I did not take a screen shot because I did not kill it but I got it down between 1/2 and 3/4 life.

Grizzle, you are right. Not worth the time. Travesty will prob be my next one cuz that is pretty easy. Melisande, maybe. Only thing that could damper things quick would be getting discorded but I am sure it would be feasible to lure one out at a time and deal with them.

R

- Revenant -

Theres actually a clip on youtube of a dexer soloing grizzle. Involves using wraith form and curse weapon.

B

Baghdaddy1

Nice. When I get the time I will for sure look into that

G

Tried to solo trav, got my butt handed to me. Clearly, I need practice. Got her honored, max perfection, frequently getting those 180 hp hits, but I only got her down to 75% before she did me in. Wiped out my stamina and before I could do anything, I was down.

I'm good at getting the keys tho.

G

One of my guildmates said he almost soloed her. Her even claims to have gotten her down to spawn the ninjas. But timed out shortly after. I know he was using a Soul Seeker, so maybe if he had something hitting a bit harder he might have made it. The trick is to get her cornered in one of those real tight spots and hope she doesnt tele out. And be sure to embrace honor when she spawns the ninjas or it could get really hairy.

I didnt see him do it, but I have seen him solo DH and am fairly sure he wasnt lying about it. I know it'd be possible especially if proxy is soloable

G

Trav's definitely solo'able; I just suck at healing. Need practice.

G

Allright fellas. You got me curious. Ive been thinking about doing some Peerless and Doom runs. Ive read all the posts. It looks fun and amazing. My question is for Croak and Big...

What are your guy's final temps and items after all the little tweaking. Im building a cahr now, but just need an idea where to go. So what are ya running at this moment?

Thanks in advance.

B

Baghdaddy1

Omni, right now I am running:

120 swords/parry/bushido
100 anatomy
90 heal
70 chiv
55 necro
45 tactics

major items are: jackals, brightsight, fey leggings, gauntlets, carapace. Just need some good HCI/DCI jewels and sleeves.

B

Baghdaddy1

As far as mana leech goes. I have never had a problem in PVM using my weapons. I use heavy hitting 2 handers (swords). If you are using fast fencing weapons then I can see why you are going through mana. In fact, when I took off the helm of insight my mana pool dropped to 50 something and I was very uncomfortable with it but even with mana that low, I have yet to run out of mana. Even if I do run out, all it takes is a couple hits with the ornate and then im at half and then a critical will go off and I will end up getting it all back.

The main reason I like vamp form is the constant life leech. The nox resistance is nice but I can do with out it personally. You are correct in your observation about getting poisoned and then just before the vamp form curing you, you waste a bandage. Normally it doesn't bother me but if it did, I got chiv for a close wounds or clense by fire. I parry so much that even with FC 0, I still can get them off with no problem.

I really like the sound of the wraith warrior. The points you discuss make sense to me. When I get some time off from work, I am going to take a look at that.

As far as your mana issue with the vamp warrior. I can't call it. At first i would say that fencing weapons simply do not pack the punch but with perfection running, it doesnt matter. Good luck to you

G

wow...reading your accomplishments truely inspires me and I will be looking at starting a template like yours to give it a try. Unfortunately....and sadly, my skill cap is only 700. Based off your template, how could I work mine to fit under the 700 cap and still have the possibility to be successful solo against DF's and DH?

B

Baghdaddy1

With your skill cap, I would drop tactics to 25 and it should work good for you. Or you could drop heal and anat to 85.

Y

Yoshikuni

So is the first poster saying a warrior with 115 parrying and 115 Bushido has no chance vs these monsters?

B

Baghdaddy1

Someone with 115 parry/bushido absolutely has a chance vs. high end monsters. I just highly recommend 120s in parry/bushido/weapon skill. Personally, I can tell a big difference between 115 and 120.

G

GragusMortal

Ok I'm running the same temp as most of you guys but soulstoning the necro for higher in other places. My only problem is that with the Darkwood suit I'm using (it's the full 12 MR Darkwood suit) Once at DHorn he Curses and then gets me with his Depression special and I go down from 126 STR to 75(10 from losing the suit bonus) My Ring is HCI/DCI 12, STR 6, Energy 11(not needed) and my ring has Dex Bonus 5, HCI/DCI 11, LMC 5, Tactics +14. I use STR pots and usually don't have trouble. But Occasionally I will lose the pieces to my suit. Are there any other STR bonus items out there that anyone knows of?
My final stats are 126 STR, 131 Dex, 20 Int (40 mana) I don't run out of mana very often so that's not a problem and I tried switchin my suit out to get the resists I wanted but just wasn't happy with it's performance. I was using Mace and Shields, Jackals, Heart of the Lion, High Resist Sleeves, High Resist gloves, Leggings of Bane.

Guess my question is what is your final resists Bag? And do you feel that any resist isn't neccessary to have above 60? I've gathered my own information on this but would like to discuss it with others as I am always wanting to be a better player. I mean other creatures IE: Miasmas, Thrashers, Coil etc. are pushovers for this char but D-Horn gives me troubles sometime simply because of the higher str requirements on my suit. And until I can Solo D-Horn I'm not even going to try DF's

Oh and BTW if anyone has a Uber Ornate they aren't using with SSI,DI, HLD, and Mana Leech that wants to sell let me know because I'm willing to cross shard to get it. Currently I'm using Ornate Axe with 35 Mana Leech, FC 1, 25 SSI and 35 DI that I made with an Agapite Hammer.

G

Gencore

Depends on how much you're willing to pay :p

#1.
57% Mana Leech
85 Luck
30% SSI
39% DI

#2.
33% Mana Leech
38% Lower Defense
86% Luck
25% SSI
43% DI

B

Balian

<blockquote><hr>

Depends on how much you're willing to pay :p

#1.
57% Mana Leech
85 Luck
30% SSI
39% DI

#2.
33% Mana Leech
38% Lower Defense
86% Luck
25% SSI
43% DI

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in Pac, interested, please PM me or reply with price. ty

G

GragusMortal

PM me with what you want for the second one and u still on Drach?

G

Gark

Really great screenies! thanks for posting. I have been working on my ol chiv swordsman, with the idea of adding bushido. Im not used to it so taking the time to learn its in's and out's.
2 questions for a chiv/bushi peerless killer: drop tctics for bushi so i can keep focus... would this work.
Also... swords for good arty weps, or macing for heavier damage/speed ratio?

F

Finegold_Reborn

Thanks for the insightful posts Baghdaddy1, really appreciate it. This game has changed a lot from many years ago, and I'm trying to get up to speed... these posts help a lot.

I love playing a dexxer, and it appears that they got a lot of love with the bushido skill, and can now hold their own against big baddies just like tamers and bards can. *yay*

Here's the thing. I understand the 45/55 necro/tactics things... but I have resist on my template, and it's tough to soulstone it... really tough...

Also, seems that the Defence Chance Increase is a big part of staying alive. I don't have (m)any arti's... so am basically running with stuff I can make... although I do have some Fey leggings but i'll need to change to elf to use them... not too sure about that.

ANYWAY... enough rambling. Just wanted to say thanks, and would really appreciate any advice on my template...

Human
120 Mace
120 Parry
115 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resist
60 Chiv

88 str
100 dex
47 int

R

rolan69vw

To tell you the truth, this thread has me drueling. hehe I quit UO for several Years, just to come back to a whole new game, weak. however, im gona soulstone resist for bush and try to follow ur footsteps. I got a couple questions.
1) Should I go elf, or human? Why?
2) what is your stat cap, how are your stats distributed, W/O equipment?
3) The other day I looted a +4 dex, 15hci, 14dci, 1fcr, 11sdi ring. you think this ring is missing anything?
Thats it for now. But ill sure be hopping in some tiome later. Thank you in advance for the input.

R

rolan69vw

Another two questions,
1) How can i train Bush/parry?
2) why only 90 healing, would have to drop 15 points to get there, kinda hurts me doinhg that since it took me so long to get there.

Thanks again. ttyl

G

parry use sheep.....bush a horse.
I am sure if you ask around you can figure it up....both can be taken to 115 in a few days each...MAX

G

<blockquote><hr>

1) Should I go elf, or human? Why?
2) what is your stat cap, how are your stats distributed, W/O equipment?
3) The other day I looted a +4 dex, 15hci, 14dci, 1fcr, 11sdi ring. you think this ring is missing anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I use elf for the Equipment (HCI DI Darkwood) and the extra 20 mana. I dont use weapon specials as much as I use Bush spells so Human wasnt helping out too much there.
2. 250 120 Str 118 Dex 17 Int, 138 Str 130 Dex 20 Int After Mods, 150 Str 150 Dex after Pots 138 Str is needed to wear a 95 Str suit to DH and not lose it inbetween str pots.
3. The only Major thing its missing is Damaga Increase. SDI is almost useless for a warrior. But without DI your losing possible life leech points from not doing as much dmg. I look for Braces with 10+ HCI 10+ DCI 20+ DMI and stats usually. The faster casting doesnt affect me either because I keep protect up for uninterupt chiv spells.

Thats just my thoughts, Im sure youll get a few others.

edit: Typos :p

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant kill Irk easily. Can someone please post their tips on how to kill it.

btw I love Total Refresh pots. Beats using divine fury and taking a -20 dci hit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The faster casting doesnt affect me either because I keep protect up for uninterupt chiv spells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I Can't Believe I Never Thought of That, lol. Geez. I Used to Look For the DI/HCI/DCI/FC/FCR Rings, but Finally Gave Up On It. For Some Reason I Never Thought Protection Worked for Chiv. Sweet, Im'a Have to Try That. It Will Make Healing ALOT Easier/Safer in Tight Spots. (even though I gotta figure out why my damn bandageself macro wont work).