• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For people who were in luna around 12am who got 1mil checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guy named "Flint" had 1mil checks dropping beneath him in luna. People were picking them up like crazy.

Those checks ARE duped. If you keep them cash them and redeed them otherwise trash them. I did double check them and if you know how check them for yourself (You can do it in UOAssist via recording a macro of using one in your bagpack. Then put them all in your bank and play the macro. If it cashes more than one then they were duped. Do not change the "Use Item" to "Use Item Type" though or it won't work. Again that's just a way to check if they're legit. You have to do it for each check because you could have 3 that are different, but have duplicates.). I found that about 13 of mine were exactly the same ID.

Again just a warning as about 40 people were in luna. Be careful with the guy also, I'd hate to see Catskills lose an innocent player because he picked up gold checks out of innocence.

D

DPudding

Duped hammers are being handed out now. Plus...I overheard the plan....buy up all the duped hammers and take them to Chessie. Stealth is my newest skill.

For the good of the game...and the what's left of UO's future...a buncha people need to be banned.

I listened to a conversation. A public conversation, mind you. A number of people who know nothing about dupes or scams or the ramifications were listening to people talk about how dupes are fine. So....now....you got folks who knew nothing about them...but now believe they're okay....cause using them makes good items that can't be traced. Geez...a line has to be drawn.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Did anyone page a gm on this guy? or send in a report about what is going on?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All this is so frustrating (especially after Draconi said they'd fixed the dupes) that I really consider never wearing runic crafted armor again. The economy of UO really is messed up now. Even good quality items cannot be sold anymore, as superior items and gold are flooding the market. Playing a crafter has become one of the most useless activities in UO.

C

CatLord

... until the next Expansion.

Then we can make our own maximized items.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... until the next Expansion.

Then we can make our own maximized items.
BOOOOSH!!!!!
I AM SO READY!
Me and my buddy have been hording all the good loot we get just waiting to break them down into relic fragments!

C

CatLord

FYI: checks also given on Drachs... I just got the reports.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone page a gm on this guy? or send in a report about what is going on?
They were probably all to busy kissing ass and grabbing lewtz.. I started an alt on Siege the other day and had someone actually approach me right at Yew moongate and ask me and a friend if we were interested in gold for cash transactions. hehe.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a truly saddening thing. Not only does it totally screw over the honest players who work for their gold and artifacts, but it also goes to show well...Ill stop right there before I go into a rant.

B

Beefcake101

Well the talk about duped hammers and checks has to be true. I seen 1 vendor on PAC that has like 45 Barbed Kits sitting on him.

I have never found out how to dupe anything and i been ob for 10 years. How do you find out the tricks. Are there websites or just have to find the right people. I just do not want to be left out lol. Not that i would do it , it takes the fun out of them game but i like to know how is it possible to dupe, 10 years and still never seen one being done or heard of a way to do it.

S

Saris

Its be around the right ppl usaly, i would not recomend it though, I have seen whole guilds go down in the past for a few dupes lol.

Kinda makes the few hammers I can get and stuff I can make worthless, guess I am back to champ spawns 24/7 blah.

I was handing out bods when they where dropping checks on my shard and did not take place in the check grabbing.

kinda not sure if I should be pissed or glad I did not take any.

I did notice an they were advertisng for a website as well.

Any one know how bad this wil effect the economy? or Whats left of it?

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no dupes out...

that UOA macro the guy is talking about is worthless and meaningless.

Just because someone dropped gold checks at the bank doesn't mean they were duped.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is bad for the economy, but it is even worse for the players' trust into the current development team.

I (and many others) still play UO, because we trust into the current game developers to fix the most serious issues in UO. One of which is the duping and cheating issue. The recent statement of Draconi made me believe that they have taken a big step forward against dupers, which made me very happy. You can imagine how this kind of news makes me feel now.

Crafting and selling things in UO makes absolutely no sense anymore. It is useless, a waste of time. Unless you spend 24/7 doing mindbogglingly annoying and stupid BODs. Or unless you dupe.

Why should I play a game like this?

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is pathetic lol...

there have been dupes out in the past but this has nothing to do with one.

Just a guy dropping checks at the bank and it's enough to cause an uproar from Nystul of all people!!!

Come on dude...

D

DPudding

Just because someone dropped gold checks at the bank doesn't mean they were duped.
Well that's not quite true now is it? Five currently on vendors, plus the ones the newbie accounts are selling at the bank. Could be a thousand!

The macro isn't worthless. It's the same one I used two years ago when someone bought a crimson from me with duped checks.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever they are selling, if it is duped, it's most likely left over stuff that didn't get banned.

Duping a gold check is the dumbest thing someone can do.

D

DPudding

Oh...and one other thing....this Flint guy also gave a dupe of the 1st place Most Knowledge Person to one of the folks who was explaining how duped hammers can't be traced if used and how checks that are duped need to be cashed and rechecked.

Nah....they aint no dupes on Cats! Hell no!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats even sadder is that most of us have duped items already in our houses and banks and the majority of that group do not even know. Remember that house you sold for 100 mill? Remember those rare items you sold that someone payed 4x value for? When you have an unlimited supply of money, the price does not matter. The name of the game is to get the best item for UO gold, sell it for cash. And when you have unlimited funds, you can outbid anyone who doesn't.

It was at the time they made insurace, that the market turned downward. It was the artifacts that gave the crushing blow. We should have had one, or the other, not both IMO.

GM crafters used to sell dexxie suits all day long. You could actually run a shop and the demand for amor was so high, the risk was so high that you could lose the good stuff if you died, and the GM stuff was cheap enough to lose and rebuy. This kept the demand for suits and weapons, thus the need for resources etc.

They put a stop to that as you can see. It was about labor and multiplayer interaction.

Today, a blacksmith must either

A. Go by the game's mechanics and do bods and fill them..............return them. Take prolly a year to get ONE hammer.
B. Pay "X" amount of millions or more commonly "X" amount of dollars for several hammers to a player so you can get 10 hammers delivered by lunch-time.

When you get hammers from a player seller, you can buy single(1), bulk(20-100), or super bulk (200-500+)

Yes there are orders for 500 valorite runic hammers. Sorry for the tangent. But as I read this, I just can't comprehend what its like for a dev to read through this year after year and instead of fixing it, they try to build around it.

Give us our pre-UOR shard! :bdh:

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a waste of time.

Please investigate 10 vals or 40 bkits on 1 vendor before some random guy dropping checks at luna bank lol...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOOOOSH!!!!!
I AM SO READY!
Me and my buddy have been hording all the good loot we get just waiting to break them down into relic fragments!
Your still going to be outdone. Why I never started collecting. Those with hammer duping will be able to makes loads of Unravelled ingredients from all the stuff made not perfect or near perfect. Thats why I returned to the boards out of discust with what I see in game. Thought I'd find out whats going on and have a voice. Theese boards just seem to be another outsourced program like the GMs. Even the ideal of haveing ingame GMs policing the shards seems to late.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Your still going to be outdone. Why I never started collecting. Those with hammer duping will be able to makes loads of Unravelled ingredients from all the stuff made not perfect or near perfect. Thats why I returned to the boards out of discust with what I see in game. Thought I'd find out whats going on and have a voice. Theese boards just seem to be another outsourced program like the GMs. Even the ideal of haveing ingame GMs policing the shards seems to late.

dont think there going to be outdone.. Your not going to be able to unravel runic made items that are made with any colored ore or colored leather..only items made with iron ingots and regular leather can be unraveled or thats the way I read it when readly in the Q&A that was posted no U.hall not to far back.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No Goose. I only said the UOAssist way because it's the only legal way to check which works. If you'd really like to know I checked it via other means and have screenshots proving it all. Matched up over a dozen duplicate id's.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is pathetic lol...

there have been dupes out in the past but this has nothing to do with one.

Just a guy dropping checks at the bank and it's enough to cause an uproar from Nystul of all people!!!

Come on dude...
An uproar? It was a warning to people because a lot of them were pvpers who got some and I don't want to lose any incase something bogus happened like a scan. Sorry you didn't understand that lol... Let the dupers dupe it only makes the stuff cheaper for me is the way I see it.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever they are selling, if it is duped, it's most likely left over stuff that didn't get banned.

Duping a gold check is the dumbest thing someone can do.
Agreed. Only an idiot would dupe a check that's worth X, hard to sell when you could dupe something worth 500x and easy to sell. IE; Air, Baal, even the Vals for armor resell.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a waste of time.

Please investigate 10 vals or 40 bkits on 1 vendor before some random guy dropping checks at luna bank lol...
Exactly.

This isn't a current dupe.

Duping checks is hella old school and moronic. If anything it's leftover or was something a low end poor duper did to work his way up and had excess.

I could easily show a few houses packed with dozens of val hammers & over 1k crafted armor that I've seen. Wasting time on someone like this is chump change compared to what's really out there.

B

Beefcake101

Well i had bought gold from a site for $1 a million. Did it after my 4/5 year absence. I had no choice. When i left I paid like 500k for a full set of treasure hunting rune books. Now like 5 million. All the years i have never had more than 500k gold at 1 time. Now i blew 150 million gold in 2 weeks and still have nothing. I refuse to buy gold again but it does help out a lot.

Now how can these sites offer just to me 150 million gold in 1 shot. It has to be duped gold. I am 1 person for 150 million how many other by gold from them in 1 day. I do champ spawns 24/7 and only make about 30k a spawn but if you die 4 times you end up losing gold due to insurance.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO has little to no gold sink which is why gold will always be abundant. After 10+ years or whatever UO has been around and dupes of the past you should expect ungodly amounts of gold to always exist in the game.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes there are orders for 500 valorite runic hammers. Sorry for the tangent. But as I read this, I just can't comprehend what its like for a dev to read through this year after year and instead of fixing it, they try to build around it.
They can do scans for items why wouldn't they do a scan for Valorite, Verite, Barbed runics?

It would be obviously easy to justify where the dupes are located VIA massive amount existing on one account/house/boat/bank etc.

It's only EA's fault for not pursuing something like removing the excess/remains of past dupes not anyone elses.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your other way of verifying probably involves an illegal program... but I'm telling you right now, it doesn't mean anything.

This game is 11 years old. It's OLD. Do not expect them to simply scan servers and be able to pinpoint players that easily.

The best place to start is with vendors and to work your way from there. Not from some random guy doing a favor to everyone and dropping excess bank checks at Luna gate.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well duh.

I can care less really what others have. I just checked what I picked up and came up true. Like I said I matched up over a dozen with the same ID. Only way they would be the same is by an old dupe. Why 1mil checks would be duped is beyond me but I guess some people do stupid things. But who cares lol. We all got a little free gold last night from an idiot.

Do you play Catskills shard?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This game is 11 years old. It's OLD. Do not expect them to simply scan servers and be able to pinpoint players that easily.
They've done it before why couldn't they do it again. It would take a long time with the vast amount of items nowadays, but it would work if they tried.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I disliked the most about this thread was the undeserved attention it got from the players and the devs.

The threads about overstocked vendors are the ones that need to be addressed.

Not these.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't know what they did last time.

For all we know they found 1 guy which led them to 2 which led them to 4 etc...

Regardless, they've made it crystal clear they want to ban dupers.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, to be fair, since all of that is mentioned in this thread in various places and Cal's response just said "investigating" and not what.......*shrugs* I'd have to guess all of the above?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note I will be the first to pick a fight with Nystul but Goose is definitely the bigger of the two evils here.
Evil? LOL. What do you think this is a Batman movie or something? Welcome to the game of Ultima.

Actually seeing this post makes me believe there is a bigger dupe than I ever even though. Otherwise Goose wouldn't push all his $100 bills off his desk to get in front and type lol. Gotta try and convince people that there is no dupe when you are stocking each shard with your val hammers lol.
lol...

wow...

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harsh!
Very interesting thread indeed!

Did the devs somehow not realize that there are vendors selling val hammers by the 20's?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Harsh!
Very interesting thread indeed!

Did the devs somehow not realize that there are vendors selling val hammers by the 20's?
Devs have never commented right before a big ban.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally this thread make me sick to my stomach...am I the only one that thinks this is disgusting, and anyone knowingly involved with this **** are complete losers, and the dregs of society?

D

DPudding

I had a guy tell me....mind you...this guy was wearing a duped robe and begging for free hammers from the dupe dropper....that I was a loser and he better not see me in fel. Strange that I had just come from fel while he was standing around in luna begging and nobbing around with a group that I will not name.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly DPudding,

whoever you are, you clearly sound bitter about something.

I know your kind far to well haha.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a guy tell me....mind you...this guy was wearing a duped robe and begging for free hammers from the dupe dropper....that I was a loser and he better not see me in fel. Strange that I had just come from fel while he was standing around in luna begging and nobbing around with a group that I will not name.
Was this the same group who claims fel dominance, yet 90% of the time is seen running around tram?

D

DPudding

Honestly DPudding,

whoever you are, you clearly sound bitter about something.

I know your kind far to well haha.
Why? Cause I keep talking about it...and it serves your purpose for people to not be talking about it? That the less honest among us are the ones benefitting...and I intend to police the game myself if need be? How would you approach this? Ignore it? Make money off it? Let's get down to it....my motivation is cleaning creeps outta the game and making it difficult to cheat. What's yours?

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its probably the gold he stole from me... After all he and that 'certain' guild are linked. Scamming a-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.