• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Food and Mages

G

I have been pvping with a wrestle parry mage for a little while now and i have been having some success. But sometimes it seems that i dont parry or i miss a lot with my wrestling moves. I am 80 dex and 120 wrestle/parry. I was curious about food for mages, and whether this affects my hci, parry ability, etc. I know for my warriors i am constantly chewing on some fish steak. I was always under the impression that mages didnt need food. Now my suit has no hci so i expect to miss but i do have high dex for a mage. I have 53 dci as well and i am well aware of hit lower defense property. It just seems that some days i parry everything and can disarm a lot, other days it seems i cant even parry a mongbat. Could this be lack of food? And if not what could it be? Thank you in advance.

I

imported_Leto

The devs have, on several occasions, stated that food has no effects on your character other then the stamina you regain upon eating. It should never affect your hit or defence chance.
What you are experiencing is probably UO's streaky random-number-generator.

I

imported_GFY

While food does not effect parry or dci it does effect stamina. If your stamina drops (and it will drop because most mages have low dex and stamina to begin with) you will be less likely to block, and very unlikely to disarm.

When I play my wrestle mage I carry refresh pots. They are very useful when fighting and especially useful if you need to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
You can't run with no stamina.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not your stamine that effects blocking. Its the dex as long as you have 80 dex your fine. And the only reason it would effect how your specials would hit is because u swing slower with lower stam... other than that it has no effect. Why do you continue to post....