• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Focused (pure) Necormancer in PvM

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How to shake off an agro without Invisibility?
How to kill something big without direct damage spells?
How to heal controlled undeads?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
How to shake off an agro without Invisibility?
Confusion potion.

Or if you're using Bake Kitsunes' or Command Undead you can get things to aggro your followers (providing they are attacking) by having the monster walk on to the same tile as the followers while you remain adjacent (if you move away the monster will re-aggro you and move off of the same tile as followers).

How to kill something big without direct damage spells?
What is the rest of the template and what are you defining as 'big'?

How to heal controlled undeads?
They heal themselves as they damage monsters.

You can also use JOAT Gift Of Renewal... otherwise depends on the rest of the template. Typically if you're using any kind of follower/pet to do the attacking you would either have a way of healing it, or you take the hits yourself with the pets added on for extra damage. Such as a Vamp Form/Dexxer/Tamer.

Not sure there's really a purpose for being focused spec Necro in PvM.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only advantage is casting Necro Spells in Horrific Beast form.

What I'm curious about is if you use 100% fire swords weapon if onslaught will stack with Corpse Skin on lowering a targets fire resist. Might be able to add even more damage with Immolate Weapon stacked on it to.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can also use JOAT Gift Of Renewal... otherwise depends on the rest of the template.
Anything that doesn't break being focused. Now the template has only two skills - necromancy and spirit speak.

p.s. I would like to know all the possible ways.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Anything that doesn't break being focused. Now the template has only two skills - necromancy and spirit speak.

p.s. I would like to know all the possible ways.
I don't think JOAT (Jack Of All Trades) would break being focused, otherwise every human would be broken.

But in answer to the question, there's no other way to heal them with just Necro/SS.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What else are you planning to have on your template?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Now I don't see any sense in being focused (caster style) Necro in PvM. You can get 20HPR instead of mana drain. But that's all. Copse Skin does effectively the same in PvM (since monsters don't have overcapped resists). But I still going to try it.

What else are you planning to have on your template?
I'm ready to try anything that would be useful for a char with 10 stamina.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Now I don't see any sense in being focused (caster style) Necro in PvM. You can get 20HPR instead of mana drain. But that's all. Copse Skin does effectively the same in PvM (since monsters don't have overcapped resists). But I still going to try it.

I'm ready to try anything that would be useful for a char with 10 stamina.

I made a post in 2015 lol, as i recall the wrestling focused necro was really strong, but had some downsides. Basically you take wrestling mastery level 3 and you set it up like a warrior with max hci and dameg increase? and have focused necro, with max damage increases. The horrific beast form along with the wrestling mastery specials really did a number on some high end monsters toe to toe.

edit: found it!

[Necromancy] - Get ready for this crazy template! Mind is blown.

Last edited:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think the focus mage only matters in PVP and not PVM, so you can have magery and other skills, it will not mess up your sdi.