• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flying glitch may be fixed...

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and I say hallejuah! I was getting tired of the flying glitchers floating around and pushing around toons who happened to be in their way, which included myself. Also, recently in DAs I've had people use it to get past the puzzles, often when I'm in the middle of working one. Apparently it was in this morning's update, so I say kudos to those who complained enough to bring it to TT's attention. :thumbup1:

G

Granjell

Amen, brother!! Why do they always have to fly into a group of chatting toons anyway...

C

Crazy Fireball

Wolfe is upset and crying, he loved that glitch, lol.

L

Little Sadie

I have to say I am glad. It was getting annoying going into mints with toons that only wanted to float to the super.

C

Crazy Fireball

That wasnt as annoying as DA glitching when you like a puzzle!

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont like puzzles. I still get all my jury notices though lawbot buildings. I thought the glitch was good. Most of my friends that go to da dont know the puzzles. I was never good at minesweeper. I prefer to stay away from da for that purpose. Knowing my luck i would set off the guys you dont get points for.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

I don't mind the flying in DA if you ask first. I can fly and it's come in handy on the running skull puzzle which I can't do. I would never ever fly without asking first and definitely let the toons know not to try to do puzzle if someone is using the flying glitch.

But a toon just arbitrarily using the glitch for fun or without asking (for the DA puzzles) really get me irritated. :gun:

So are you saying that you can't fly at all any more anywhere?

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've seen and heard discussed other places, you can't perform the glitch any longer. Last DA I was in there was a duck who started glitching past the puzzles, and I told him I preferred to work them. "Well I don't." was his answer and he continued to glitch. :gun:

Plus just standing in a playground or street minding your own business and along comes a flyer who harasses you by knocking you around over and over. Asking them to stop would just get you a 'Hee hee!'

Therefore I'm happy it's gone.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I know my son likes to "fly" around. It is one of the things he likes best about TT!! He never bumped into people or was rude. I guess I have been harrassed less by "flyers" than by other rude toons who just try to jump between toons who are talking and just stay there jumping. When you move a little, they move also to stop your conversation. Flying outside in the playground, lobby areas has never bothered me I guess.

I AM glad that it is fixed in CGC and DA though. I can't tell you how many times a puzzle has been tripped by a flyer because it often freezes the person trying to work the puzzle. A HUGE problem in the running skull puzzle! But the person working the puzzle is first in line as if it was their fault! Good riddence!!! Going into the A elevator and practicing is a great way to learn the puzzles. Once you know how to do them, they can be a lot of fun. Just X out before you have to battle any cogs. Same thing with the mazes in CGC. They are easy once you do them a few times. No big deal at all unless someone runs ahead and starts the timer before everyone is ready!!

P

Pinky Pepperpow

I swear I saw someone glitch in CGC today. Or it was magic! She was last in the maze and ended up being in there when I got there!

F

Fangs McWolf

I swear I saw someone glitch in CGC today. Or it was magic! She was last in the maze and ended up being in there when I got there!
There's another way to go around it. Don't think it counts as a glitch because all you have to do is know where to go (nothing special) and there ya go. But since I think it's been known to cause problems, I won't disclose it.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

Oh yeah, I remember that from when Boss first came out. It definitely causes problems for me. It's not fair and I consider that cheating. Actually bugs me more than the glitching when a toon runs ahead and cheats other toons out of bonus of getting through maze first.

I'm a spoiled sport I guess!

A

Animal_Control

Oh Gee...here we have some concerned Fleabags.
:sleep2:
If you're NOT either a Jet (Airplane for you old fashioned types), a yellow-bellied DoDo Bird, a kite, or a Witch...Do you ReAlLy have to worry about not flying? Hehe...use your little pet brains that were given to you. Geeez.:scholar:
http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_early_flying_machines

F

Fangs McWolf

Oh Gee...here we have some concerned Fleabags.
:sleep2:
If you're NOT either a Jet (Airplane for you old fashioned types), a yellow-bellied DoDo Bird, a kite, or a Witch...Do you ReAlLy have to worry about not flying? Hehe...use your little pet brains that were given to you. Geeez.:scholar:
http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_early_flying_machines
If I make a duck and go into CGC on the duck, I want to be able to fly like ducks are supposed to.

A

Animal_Control

And WHEN is the last time you saw Daffy, Donald, Daisy, Huey, Dewey or Lewie actually FLY? hehe. See, you can't show them flying, else they have to show "droppings" also. Hehe.:talktothehand:

F

Fangs McWolf

And WHEN is the last time you saw Daffy, Donald, Daisy, Huey, Dewey or Lewie actually FLY? hehe. See, you can't show them flying, else they have to show "droppings" also. Hehe.:talktothehand:
They've left droppings on my estate before. I had to put plugs in to keep them from leaving any more droppings.

S

Squeaker

Not this week.... It appears someone has cleaned up the Wolfie estate... all pretty and green!

S

SSniffleslam

Ummm, back to the topic at hand, I saw all kinds of toons (duck and non-duck) flying yesterday in Donald's Dock. I got lucky and no droppings hit me.

G

Granjell

There was a toon flying after the cfo cog battle this morning, too.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the fix was implemented I haven't seen a single one, so if there's still a few out there they must know a way to do it outside the 'common' methods. Before they put in fixes for it I was seeing flyers all over the place.

S

Sarcatstic

Lets whisper so Fangs wont find out! Toons were flying in donalds dock last night! Spotted by forward observers Sgt McWolf and a couple of mangy cats hiding from boss courses!

:mf_prop: I didn't get a close look but this may be the device they used!

F

Fangs McWolf

Lets whisper so Fangs wont find out! Toons were flying in donalds dock last night! Spotted by forward observers Sgt McWolf and a couple of mangy cats hiding from boss courses!

:mf_prop: I didn't get a close look but this may be the device they used!
I've already seen it. :lick:

S

soupandquackers

I havent seen as much but I still see toons flying around.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw some toons discussing performing it in certain playgrounds so there's apparently some holes they didn't patch. From what I've seen though they plugged the majority of them.