• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flowers, flowers everywhere!

S

siyeng0

Hello! I wasn't sure whether I ought to put this in the Trade forum, because it's a giveaway, so I threw it here.

Anyway. I'm going to be dropping my house in ten minutes, at 8:00 o'clock tonight. (Before you get excited, I've already stored or given away all my valuable stuff.) However, one thing that I do have is a garden of about fifty poppies, campions and snowdrops flowers. I've always thought they were the nicest-looking flowering plants, and they'll be up for anybody to grab.

My house is just down from the Trammel Trinsic moongate. You can't miss it. (For one thing, there'll be a whole field of flowers there. For another thing, there may well be a lurking Kizukai. Please don't feed him.) So if you're feeling horticultural, please feel free to swing by and pick up a few plants.

Thankyou.

T

Teeshy

Is... is Kiz leaving UO? :eek:

*air hugs*

We will miss you!

*edits* Looks so pretty with all those flowers laying there =D They're my favourites too =)

S

siyeng0

Is... is Kiz leaving UO? :eek:

*air hugs*

We will miss you!

*edits* Looks so pretty with all those flowers laying there =D They're my favourites too =)
Oh, I'm always leaving UO. (This is seriously the fifth time.) I'm going to go and check out some free RP shards - again - and I thought it was better if I emptied my house, just in case I was away for more than three months.

Didn't it look pretty with all the flowers? It was like a rustic little paddock. And they're my favourites as well - that's why I thought I'd warn the whole shard rather than just dropping them in the bank, because there were some people out there who would raise them with loving care.

...now I'm getting an image of Teeshy merrily harvesting poppies with a huge evil scythe. Ee!

S

siyeng0

OMG Leave UO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Jo! I leave UO every ten days or so! Seriously, the chance of me finding something better is very small. You'll probably see me again in three days. The only reason I'm dropping my house is that there's a slight chance I might find a free shard I like and be away for more than three months - all my characters (and my plentiful riches and items and cake and Lindae's awful pirate-scarring attitude) are still there.

Besides, one person can have too many flowers.

Please don't panic like that. It's not really much of a loss, anyway. Now people can PvP at the bank in peace. And free shards are ornery creatures; even if I find one that is perfect for me, it'll probably break down within a couple of weeks. I'm not leaving. I'm just handing out foliage like an old-time hippie.

I

iddqd

well thats a shame - the only rp-er ive met yet who seems to have more then a shred of intelligence. hopefully youll come back and pass on some more of it.

ive not found free shards to be the same, and not in a particularly good way.

I

iddqd

That's a bit harsh on the rest of us..
well i havent met all of you.

however, it is a shame to have someone who has a reasonable perspective on particular game issues and can communicate them in an intelligent, well-thought-out and reasonably informed manner leave the shard.

one can only hope that he has managed to inject some of this into his associates.

K

Katlene

well i havent met all of you.

however, it is a shame to have someone who has a reasonable perspective on particular game issues and can communicate them in an intelligent, well-thought-out and reasonably informed manner leave the shard.

one can only hope that he has managed to inject some of this into his associates.
SHE hasnt left...
"leave UO every ten dys or so! Seriously, the chance of me finding something better is very small. You'll probably see me again in three days
I'm not leaving. I'm just handing out foliage like an old-time hippie."

for someone who talks like you paid attention to what she said you missed a very big part

S

siyeng0

They came to me and said, "Quick, Siyeng0, quick, quick - there's drama in the barn!"

Please don't fight about me. I spent my last year on the shard essentially roleplay-molesting everybody (I can imagine the ads now. "'Come on. I just roleplayed with her without her consent. It's not like that's roleplay-molestation or anything.' 'YES IT IS.'") and ruining lots of people's fun; I got bored with that, so I've gone somewhere where my RP is welcome.* The shard's better off without me and I'm quite happy without it.

iddqd, thankyou for your compliment. (Were you the person who told me I wasn't an idiot in Luna that one time? I've always had my suspicions...) I would just like to mention that on Oceania, many of the true roleplayers - and there's a difference between them and pretentious trammies like POC** - are intelligent, reasonable people who just don't like to get into arguments on the forums like I do. I know you didn't mean to personally insult Fink and it would be best if there wasn't a flare-up about that, but I do see why Fink would be irritated at being lumped in with the likes of... those other people.

I am actually leaving (I found a free shard that has roleplayers, the most beautiful modified world I have ever seen, and still runs on Felucca rules - it's like paradise) so I know I have no right to come in and police the thread like this. However, I don't really want my last post on the shard to inadvertently cause a flame-war. The flowers are gone. Let the thread die; please try not to fight with each other over small misunderstandings, because that is where all the trouble on this shard seems to come from.

There you go. There are my two cents.

*goes off to meddle elsewhere.*

*I'm actually surprised at how difficult it is to roleplay on an RP shard. The standard is much higher; I have to try really hard to keep up.
**And lo, the thread was duly locked.

K

Katlene

man, i am so over bad news!
*sigh*

i can safely say there will never be another like you.

I

iddqd

no flame war here. though it appears that default response from me is to fling insult first, ask questions later. so i withdraw my comment.

yes, that was my mule at luna. it was nice to get a small, tiny insight into some of the 'mechanics' and psychology of rp, as i have both a professional and academic interest in it. its always a nice surprise to have someone throw my attempted (and usually sucessful) stupid insults back at me with some intelligent conversation.

I

iddqd

dunno what made me think the OP is a he. my bad. but i guess it doesnt really matter either way. after all, there are no girls on the internet.

F

Fink

Oh, I'm not insulted.. my default mode is always to play devil's advocate. Sorry if I manufactured any drama, that's really not my intent.

S

siyeng0

Thankyou, Katlene. You have always been very kind to me. (Although I can't help but feel that the proper follow-up to "there'll never be another one like you" should rightfully be, "Thank God.")

idqqd, I didn't think you were trying to start a flame-war, which was why I decided to leap in and intervene - although it was a tiny mistake, like I said, I could imagine it blowing up into something major. (Things do that on Oceania. It's the only time anything really exciting ever happens.)

Because I only play male characters, I find it rather flattering when people think I'm male; it means I'm doing it right. It was quite startling when somebody whom I thought was just looking for a fight started actually asking me questions. I was in the middle of a conversation with somebody else, which was why I ended the exchange rather abruptly. (Sorry about that.) However, it's a novelty to see somebody who has an interest in how RP works (without actually wanting to do it themselves) so if you ever want to ask me anything else, please feel free to PM me. It's an utterly bizarre hobby and has a bad reputation on this shard, mostly because of certain people who associate themselves with it, so I'm always eager to clarify aspects of it for someone wondering where the hell its appeal lies.

(As for your attempted insults in the bank that one time... trying to trash-talk Lindae and Lady Kat at the same time takes quite some courage. As far as I can tell, we are two of the most determinedly in-character RPers on the shard, and we have easily the two bitchiest characters. I actually really enjoyed that conversation, and respect you for backing down and playing along rather than just flouncing out like most people do!)

I

iddqd

to be perfectly honest, i was a bit off my usual game and gave it up while i was behind. once id figured out who the char i was speaking to was, i figured it was more interesting to ask some useful questions. anyway, if you keep here, i most definately will have some questions regarding rp.

T

Teeshy

The shard's better off without me
That bit be untrue indeed!

I've always enjoyed your roleplaying, and have always watched, and tried my best to go along with it a bit, as I've been trying to work out how to "do" it properly. I have a real problem acting in any way other than me - I find it hard to be anything other than me, and I've been trying to work out online RP'ing since I started playing UO

I did join a guild at one time, 'cos I thought they were an RP'ing guild, and I could learn a bit from that, but I never saw any RP'ing while I was a part of it (well, aside from the occasional "thee" and "thine" thrown randomly into sentences - which I can do myself, and usually correctly) So other than you, Fink, her magnificence Lady Kat, and a few others (who may have been alternate characters of you all for all I know =P) whom I always try to go along with, it's hard for me to find anyone that I can watch (sound like a stalker now, don't I?) to learn it a bit =)

So far all I've come up with is that it would be too hard for me to do (against my personality type?) Perhaps actually joining a free shard dedicated to it, and watching that would be a better thing for me to try ;)

...as long as they had cake too ;)

C

CrumPET

well thats a shame - the only rp-er ive met yet who seems to have more then a shred of intelligence.
: D

I agree to an extent, Lady Kat and Kiz are probably the only trammies/roleplayers* (whatever you want to call them) who I have found to have an ounce of intelligence and opinion for themselves. It's no surprise that they both shared common beliefs, opinions and "dislikes" with me about certain... issues I guess. Despite some people thinking that I would detest the practices (roleplaying) that Kiz does, I think that if someone is extremely good at something that they should stick to it, in fact I do recall Kiz once saying that I "RPed better than anyone on the shard".

Anyway, I dislike freeshards.

*I didn't include a few.

F

Fink

Thanks, Pet.. talk about conspicuity by omission.. I feel a bit like Raphael of the Ninja Turtles, "all the good ones end in O", lol..

Kizukai & Lindae (and the rest of the cast) will be sorely missed from the Oceania RP scene. :(