• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flagging bugged?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just running from a massive gank (5+ people) on Lake Superior for more than 2 minutes at Yew Gate, but wasn't able to get into any houses, despite not having attacked anyone for quite some time.

When I finally died, res'd up, and recalled to my house to restock pots & apples, I wasn't able to open my doors either, until I had logged back in.

Since this is clearly not working as intended: @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna - any idea what's going on?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is working as intended, when you originally flagged on a player, the player is able to maintain the flag by continueing to aggress you, ways of agress include but are not limited to, walking into your para/poison field, being hit by your horse (if they've attempted to kill it) or any pet, summoned or otherwise.
You were originally able to enter the house as the person you aggressed had left the server, once in your house, the aggressed person reentered the server you're on thus you could not open doors/chests.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a simple fix to this, is to wait another 2 minutes. This would be quicker than creating a post on uhall and tagging kyronix, bleak, and messana unnecessarily.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a simple fix to this, is to wait another 2 minutes. This would be quicker than creating a post on uhall and tagging kyronix, bleak, and messana unnecessarily.
You're misunderstanding something. I had recalled to an entirely different area (near the swamps north of Britain), and was not able to enter my house. I know nobody who was attacking me was there.

While I was still running around in Yew? Yes, I will admit that's a possibility, and one that had crossed my mind. But after recalling away (which is not possible when you're flagged on someone) and still not being able to enter your own house? That is where it's not working properly - if the combat timer has expired (evident by me being able to cast Recall), I shouldn't have to log out & back in just to be able to enter a house.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person/s you had flagged on had left the server, so you were able to recall, then when you were in your house, the person/s you had flagged on entered the same server as you (not necessarily anywhere near where you were) thus you were flagged again and so could not open the chests,

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person/s you had flagged on had left the server, so you were able to recall, then when you were in your house, the person/s you had flagged on entered the same server as you (not necessarily anywhere near where you were) thus you were flagged again and so could not open the chests,
*headdesk*

Step by step summary of what happened:

1) I went to Yew Gate
2) I flagged on someone.
3) Once more people from the person's guild showed up, I ended up running around for several minutes, not doing anything but healing myself with pots and an occasional heal/gheal.
4) During my running around, I attempted to enter a house, since the timer should have expired on the person I originally flagged on. I was unable to do so the entire time.
5) Once I ran out of heal pots, I went down to a shield bash.
6) I res'd up by the entrance to Heartwood, at the Agent of the Crown.
7) I recalled to my house. If I were still flagged, I would not have been able to do this.
8) I attempted to enter my house, but was unable to even get on the front steps, as if I were still flagged. Obviously I was NOT flagged since I was able to recall from Yew to my house, which is in an area north of Britain.
9) I logged out and logged back in. Once this was done, I was able to enter my house.

If I'm able to recall, I should be able to enter a house. If I can do one and not the other, requiring me to log out, there is clearly something wrong with the flagging mechanics. Granted, it is not a frequent occurrence, and in fact, it's the first time I've seen it happen, but it should not happen at all.

...actually, wait. When vvv was introduced, this happened with towns too. If one started/was in progress and I was on a character that was in vvv, I would have to log out twice to be able to switch chars; this was right after I had logged in on a vvv char, and would obviously not have been subject to the combat timer. To the best of my knowledge, that particular flagging issue was fixed.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*headdesk*

Step by step summary of what happened:

1) I went to Yew Gate
2) I flagged on someone.
3) Once more people from the person's guild showed up, I ended up running around for several minutes, not doing anything but healing myself with pots and an occasional heal/gheal.
4) During my running around, I attempted to enter a house, since the timer should have expired on the person I originally flagged on. I was unable to do so the entire time.
5) Once I ran out of heal pots, I went down to a shield bash.
6) I res'd up by the entrance to Heartwood, at the Agent of the Crown.
7) I recalled to my house. If I were still flagged, I would not have been able to do this.
8) I attempted to enter my house, but was unable to even get on the front steps, as if I were still flagged. Obviously I was NOT flagged since I was able to recall from Yew to my house, which is in an area north of Britain.
9) I logged out and logged back in. Once this was done, I was able to enter my house.

If I'm able to recall, I should be able to enter a house. If I can do one and not the other, requiring me to log out, there is clearly something wrong with the flagging mechanics. Granted, it is not a frequent occurrence, and in fact, it's the first time I've seen it happen, but it should not happen at all.

...actually, wait. When vvv was introduced, this happened with towns too. If one started/was in progress and I was on a character that was in vvv, I would have to log out twice to be able to switch chars; this was right after I had logged in on a vvv char, and would obviously not have been subject to the combat timer. To the best of my knowledge, that particular flagging issue was fixed.
What he said was accruate. The person you were flagged to left the server thus you were able to recall. Then, you recalled to the server he was on thus leaving you flagged out. I suspect when you logged in and out that was right around the two minute mark to be unflagged.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If your suit has reflect physical damage anywhere it would flag you as an aggressor if anyone attacked you.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i'm not crafting, I play on a red, with over 100 rpd and have done for a long long time now, if it were bugged in that way still, every time any dexxer attacked me in a guardzone i'd get wacked if that was the case, there also used to be a bug with magic reflect but that also was fixed.
I don't need to find the text, u can go try it yourself in the field.