• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix it EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly in PvP the scripting and speed hacking are getting out of hand and it gets worse every day. The overall use of 3rd party programs to cheat to win is pathetic and further more drives off fellow players from the game.

Years have gone by with no resolution to this growing problem and EA's inactivity on this subject speaks volumes.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have no clue what your talking about.

#1 speed hacks have no actual effect on how fast you can move and I know this because there is a limitation as to how fast you can move server side. The only thing your ever going to see from using a speed hack is massive rubber banding going on because your character has not really moved as far as your client displays it has.

#2 scripts really cannot do much to help you in pvp other than running bandages eating foods and petals and drinking pots. Sure you get the occasional odd ball script that uses bolas or other objects but none of that has much of an impact on pvp.

The real problem in pvp is the lack of balance between skills and items. That problam has existed since day 1 and will exist until pvp gets a complete overhaul and all damage done and items used are capped off at the proper points specifically in pvp.

J

jelinidas

Sorry Lefty, we are too busy going through everyones profiles looking for url links. All game improvements are on hold while the two of us are working on this important matter. Try again at a later time.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have no clue what your talking about.

#1 speed hacks have no actual effect on how fast you can move and I know this because there is a limitation as to how fast you can move server side. The only thing your ever going to see from using a speed hack is massive rubber banding going on because your character has not really moved as far as your client displays it has.

#2 scripts really cannot do much to help you in pvp other than running bandages eating foods and petals and drinking pots. Sure you get the occasional odd ball script that uses bolas or other objects but none of that has much of an impact on pvp.

The real problem in pvp is the lack of balance between skills and items. That problam has existed since day 1 and will exist until pvp gets a complete overhaul and all damage done and items used are capped off at the proper points specifically in pvp.

Are you serious? Please tell me that was sarcasim... I have news for you, speedhacks do just that, make you move faster than someone not using it. You also can cut corners and turn quicker. Yes, there is a server cap, but when you able to run at the cap while your oppenent can not, is clearly an advantage.

Scripts dont so much in pvp? Are you kidding me? A certain medic script that does ALL the healing for you, while unequipping weapons/shields while feeding you and using petals and such to keep you going? Bola scripts that pick up bolas, targeting scripts, looting scripts, and thats just to name a few.

What about the art hacks, where people change trees to stumps, and fields to color tiles? Im sure that dosnt have an advantage at all...

You clearly play in trammel and dont pvp, or you cheat. Ive never seen someone defend this crap so blatantly.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here to defend? I think I know a bit about what I am talking about.

#1 You might want to speak to Mrtact that already acknowledge the fact. The process is done through the API and yes I could state more.

#2 Auto pot chugging, healing, and comboes etc. If scripts didn't greatly impact pvp then why are so many people doing it?

I,ll state that no one is that fast or that good.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Lefty, we are too busy going through everyones profiles looking for url links. All game improvements are on hold while the two of us are working on this important matter. Try again at a later time.
Your skill in smart@ss went up by 0.1

P

Pawl

changing trees to stumps or field to color tiles are all done client side..Uless UO checks every game file each time it loads, your not going to stop that.. thats simply deleting the artwork...so easy, was done way back before we had lockdowns to rob houses.. and made robing a house you could walk under with all the illegal set houses on hills, so easy it wasn't funny....

speed hack, well if there is a set speed on the server that you can't go past. BUT you can make your system have more thru put (less artwork to load up, something thay make you take 2 or 3 steps per one step, or even telling "your" system to skip stuff.) with out getting in to how its all done. they can only go as fast as the server will let them. So EA want to fix it, slow the cap up...

scripters, I can run while disarming, start an band aid, drink a pot use a heal wand and rearm with one key with UOA. EA approved that program!! YES I STILL HAVE A TON OF HEAL wands and ID wands..

go buy it.. LOL if you stared long ago like me you got it free!!!! i never had to pay the 15 bucks for my uoa....

but trust me, If i was hard core or even played more then the 4 to 6 hr a week i do, i still would go but it just to make my UO life more simple..

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you serious? Please tell me that was sarcasim... I have news for you, speedhacks do just that, make you move faster than someone not using it. You also can cut corners and turn quicker. Yes, there is a server cap, but when you able to run at the cap while your oppenent can not, is clearly an advantage.

Scripts dont so much in pvp? Are you kidding me? A certain medic script that does ALL the healing for you, while unequipping weapons/shields while feeding you and using petals and such to keep you going? Bola scripts that pick up bolas, targeting scripts, looting scripts, and thats just to name a few.

What about the art hacks, where people change trees to stumps, and fields to color tiles? Im sure that dosnt have an advantage at all...

You clearly play in trammel and dont pvp, or you cheat. Ive never seen someone defend this crap so blatantly.
Screw you. I am not defending it I am pointing out where you are exaggerating the effects of these things. Field hacks aren't even a hack anyone can change the artwork and last I checked it was legal to do so because it only effects what you see on your screen.

I have 10mbit cable and a high end machine no one has run faster than me in a long time so speed hacks have not had any impact on me in a long time. If they effect you it's time to move off of dial up and buy a real computer that can handle loading everything.

Scripts are the worst of the bunch and still are not all that effective.

You want to know what causes problems in pvp currently? Dupes and why? Because they introduced high end gear made from runics that are supposed to be hard to get. Now we have uber items not everyone is fortunate enough to own and the players using it have an advantage. Game mechanics dupes like the recent ones and an unbalanced collection of skills and items are what hurt pvp. The rest is nothing until those problems are fixed.

D

dum3886

No effect haaha.. i agree with them.. u mustn't pvp or you are a hacker yourself.

I have actually used a script before... not a healing one or anything but a auto pop pouch one. DO u know how much i benefited from it lol?

Apart from that, no i havn't used any other pvp script or hack... but if i used such a simple one... imagine what the others would do. Yes i could have a uoa hotkey for pop but this is instant... no half a second delay nothing... that half a second saved my life many many times trust me.

Its the time that i benefited from and the ability to not have to worry about touching that extra inconvenience. Its the fact i can concentrate more on offensive and defensive abilities rather then stupid things like para ganks.

Also unbalanced items... too late you can't fix that. After EA brought in the WOW system into uo.. there was no more balance in pvp. It all depends on who has the best weapons. People can 2 hit other.. yes with 120-130ish hp which is pretty stupid... even with 140 u can 2 hit someone with the right crossbow and circumstances (i.e: maybe half mana)... Normal hit + concussion + lighting/fireball + Velocity.

Also.. No balance since day 1? HAH... you obviously havn't played since day 1. Uo.. pre pub-16 was pretty damn balanced. There was no super overpowered template abck then.. no stupid +1000 damage weapons nothing. Vanquishing vs gm wasn't THAT much of an advantage and even that... power weapons were pretty easy to get anyway so it was damn even back then.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, DDragon you're really angry about the dupes I see and you know what.. It's understandable. But get your facts straight.

You're going too far talking about things you have no clue about. :talktothehand:
Seeing how you wish us to get screwed I won't even bother explaining to you what's up with cheating on the 2D Client.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"lack of balance between skills and items" again, the word balance...balance is for wimps. Get it straight....say it's because of "items". Materialism at it's worst......and all these punk vs punk brats cried for it, so here it is.

"Screw you. I am not defending it I am ....." Real mature mr dragon, grow up.:coco:

It's attitudes like this that keeps a good majority from playing pvp. See, in real life, if some punk wanted to smack talk, they've been on the recieving end of my hardhat and fast. No little potions or wannabe spells there....can't do that over the internet and these girliemen know that.

Items are the problem as well as the cheaters, anyone who says there's no problems blind.:bdh:

ssdd

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA might care about all the cheating in the game, but it's clear they dont have the resources to stop any of it.

My first post about speed hacking was in 2003. Since then there have been thousands of posts about it, some detailing the names and advantages of the programs before being locked.

Some Facts about Speed Hacking:

They DO work. People wouldn't use them if they kinda-worked, or didn't work.

They DO give advantages in pvp, especially against other pvpers that DONT use speed hacks. You can literually run circles around people if you're good at configurating these programs.

The odds of being banned for using these speed hacks (even with groups of people paging on you for speed hacking) is ZERO. Never have I heard of anyone being banned for speed hacking (which is a damn shame). If I can tell the moment someone turns on a speed hack, why can't the GM's? Furthermoore, WHY wont the GM's do anything? (Orders from above... hmmm)

After five years of pancakes about speed hacks, it's save to say EA/Mythic isn't going to do anything about speed hacking/scripting/and the other 99% of the dupers that got off scott free from the last mass ban.

So basically, if you can't win, set your morals aside and cheat. Because no one is going to stop you from cheating, especially the people running this game - which is pretty darn sad.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you were a PvPer... are you a newb or something?

How does a "speedhack" help you take over the island in despise? Guard a faction base? And even if it lets a player run slightly (keyword) faster than another player... is not an advantage that will make or break the outcome of a fight.

FYI, it's not the program that's the problem. It's the client/server sync in this game that's the problem. This game isn't next generation, top of the line graphics, so on and so on... the characters I see on screen should be exactly where I see them and not where that character was 1/2 a second ago.

This is a problem EA has to fix... and by fix, I mean update their systems so our clients are in sync better with our servers.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

are YOU serious?!?!?!?

You know people who actually run scripts in PvP!?!? HAHAHAHA

FYI, scripts in PvP get in the way more than they could ever help you. WOW other than total newbies who die anyway, not a single serious pvper is running a script to help them pvp.

I seriously can't believe you suggested it. ROFL

The art hacks are superficial. They don't offer you any advantage other than a mental one. You still double click, mash buttons, target and everything the same with or with out them. If you really think it's that much of an advantage go do it (since you're not hacking anything and just changing the animations in the game) and I GUARANTEE YOU that you will still PvP the same and still die just as often.

I don't cheat at all, so why would I be here telling you not to worry about it so much? Well, when there are so many more problems with this game that are much much more important, more of a factor on everyones game play and a much bigger deal... I really don't understand why so many people are fixated on a problem that isn't that big of a deal (well the "speedhack" is an issue they need to update on the EAMythic side) but, everything is really really stupid to complain about.

We have bigger problems, bigger imbalances, outdated systems or systems that just haven't been made to mesh well. It's been what? 5 years since AoS and we're STILL cleaning up the crappy way it was designed?

Get over it. You not winning in PvP has nothing to do with them cheating, but everything to do with you not being good enough (if that's even the case.) Try practicing more.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow look at all the replies!

How does a "speedhack" help you take over the island in despise? Guard a faction base? And even if it lets a player run slightly (keyword) faster than another player... is not an advantage that will make or break the outcome of a fight.
It makes all the difference between a char living and dieing.

The art hacks are superficial. They don't offer you any advantage other than a mental one. You still double click, mash buttons, target and everything the same with or with out them. If you really think it's that much of an advantage go do it (since you're not hacking anything and just changing the animations in the game) and I GUARANTEE YOU that you will still PvP the same and still die just as often.
When a script runs all the processes where you don't even mash a button it is clearly an advantage over another player.

EA might care about all the cheating in the game, but it's clear they dont have the resources to stop any of it.
Actually there might be a cost effective way to address both. encryption of files and packets would probably knock out both.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow look at all the replies!

It makes all the difference between a char living and dieing.
Because you say so?

I don't speedhack and I run on a laptop I bought in 2003. I have no problems PvPing... it makes no difference, really.

When a script runs all the processes where you don't even mash a button it is clearly an advantage over another player.
What?

People don't run scripts to PvP and if they do, they are at a HUGE disadvantage to someone who doesn't. I'm not going to sit here and explain in detail why pvpers don't use scripts to PvP.

There is a reason monster AI can't compare to the intelligence of another player. When you figure out what that reason is... you'll see why what you're saying is ********.

Actually there might be a cost effective way to address both. encryption of files and packets would probably knock out both.
And you'll still die just as often...

:next:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh yes, I'm sure those new plants are way more important than making PvP fair! Like whatever would we do without our waste of time plants to make waste of time chocolates?!?!

And I've seen a lot of serious PvPers use scripts... Automatically drop shield, chug a potion and re-arm shield? Sounds pretty useful to me. Less buttons to push, more buttons to use for spells. And speedhacks do still give an advantage. So do the colored tiles and stumps. Easier to see where you can lay down fields, or how to run through the trees without getting stuck.

Do you PvP? With what guild? What shard?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it makes no difference, really.
Black, you are either just here to

A. To flame
B. To defend hacks
C. Or are here to show your ignorance in this matter.

So post something with some facts behind it if you have the capacity.

E

Eslake

#1 - I know they've said they took measures to prevent speed hacks from working, but it doesn't seem to have worked.
Ignoring what I witness in PvP, I was turning in a batch of Tailor BODs last night in Luna.
There was a guy running all over the place (aparently Trying to get banned) on FOOT and moving more than 2x as fast as we are legally able to while mounted.
Lag was not a factor, since I was turning in/getting new BODs and never had a delay, while he was running up and down stairs back and forth through the bank area and generall all over the place.

#2 - Scripts can do a lot that you can't normally do with the client. Besides automating things that would require you to stop moving (to use the mouse) they can hide objects to allow you to target through them, use objects while your cursor is doing something else (even dragging things) and all sorts of other advantages in PvP.
And they are usually used (for PvP) in conjunction with various graphics hacks to give serious advantages in targetting and avoiding things like field spells.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, I'm sure those new plants are way more important than making PvP fair! Like whatever would we do without our waste of time plants to make waste of time chocolates?!?!

And I've seen a lot of serious PvPers use scripts... Automatically drop shield, chug a potion and re-arm shield? Sounds pretty useful to me. Less buttons to push, more buttons to use for spells. And speedhacks do still give an advantage. So do the colored tiles and stumps. Easier to see where you can lay down fields, or how to run through the trees without getting stuck.

Do you PvP? With what guild? What shard?
I'll make this simple and even include an example:

There is a reason monster AI can't compare to the intelligence of another player. When you figure out what that reason is... you'll see why what you're saying is ********.
Your fighting in despise and pushing onto the island. You really think your *disarm shield and chug* script is going to help you when your standing in your opponents poison fields, under the spell protection, casting essence of wind, whither, EQ or any other spell? I bet you'll come to appreciate the *You are busy doing something else* message you will repeatedly get because the script is running.

And this is just ONE example of how the situation you're in and how you as an intelligent person will always out perform a completely automated system you have no control over.

So get real, scripts don't work like macros. You don't push a button when you want the script to work. It's either ON or OFF. And you have no control over what it's doing because its pre-programmed. It's not helpful, it's not useful and if you're running a script to help you PvP better... LOL!!!!! you're stupid.

Now, I'm not wasting any more time on this. When you come to the realization that there are people out there that are better than you at PvP, you might have more fun when you see that you will win some and lose some.

I play on Siege and Atlantic and on both shards, the guilds I'm in run ****. I'm not the best PvPer on either shard, but I don't make excuses for why I don't win the fights I lose. If I lose, its because it took 3+ people to bring me down or the person I fought... was just better than me.

Now keep making excuses. :coco:

It doesn't change a damn thing.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it makes no difference, really.
Black, you are either just here to

A. To flame
B. To defend hacks
C. Or are here to show your ignorance in this matter.

So post something with some facts behind it if you have the capacity.
I'm here to get the people to wake the **** up regarding this "issue" of yours.

There are MUCH bigger fish to fry. Like the fact that 99% of loot that drops from monsters is complete utter trash. Like the fact that Treasure Chests or Fishing loot is terrible too. Like the fact that item intensity ranges aren't practical 2% hit lower defense? or seeing a piece of armor that has 1%physical 2%fire 5%cold 3%poison 2%energy resistances? Like the fact that a good suit of armor takes years and years to put together and the casual player is left wanting to play this game, but never able to. Like the fact that it's pointless to hunt 99.999% of the creatures in this game unless they are a boss or champion in some shape or form.. and even then the loot can stink. Like the fact that there are instanced corpses. Invisibile barriers blocking houses and making us unable to siege and raid them even though they are wide open (on PvP shards and facets.) Like how item insurance has killed the economies in this game. Like how factions is still needing tweaks and fixes. Like how doing crafting quests (heartwood or bods) are not fun, engaging or exciting but simply making 10 of an item 5 billion times. Like how the community is still divided because people can't get over past behaviors even though the game has pulled a 180 and PvP is now consensual to us players. Like how... oh hell, if you didn't get the freaking picture by now... go ahead and keep worrying about some BS that has no real impact on whether you win or lose the fight.

Just keep making excuses for yourself.

I'll keep worrying about the real issues in this game.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Black bro, your funnier than Dragon is.

I know alot of "top tier" pvprs, and most use some script of somesort, coupled with loop programs, speed hacks, art hacks(which if you read your roc is bannable since it helps reduce your serverside lag) and a host of other items to help them "compete." I cant tell you how many screen shots Ive seen with "top tier" guilds using these items. Hell even people like Calamity and Goose use stuff, and I know they do because they post pictures of them doing it.

Now I'm going to pretend your naivety is dude to you just getting into pvp. Ive been pvping for over 9 years. Ive rolled with the punches, ive adapted, ive been one of hte best, ive been one of hte newbiest, ive dominated, ive been decimated...

But you you know in the end, a cheater is a cheater, and one who defends him is just as bad.

Im not going to explain why all these programs are used, but rest assured if they didnt give someone an advantage then NO ONE WOULD USE THEM.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

As far as speedhacks go, the main place they give advantages in in 1v1 PVP, and most specifically mage duels.

As for Script programs, they do provide an advantage, even if it is a small one , it' still an advantage.

I PvP with one of the largest Red guilds on my shard and their are quite a few who use them.. but not me... why? Because I don't mind losing and I don't have anything to prove to anyone. It's like steroids.. the person who uses them does so because without them he would lose.. plain and simple.

They are a crutch for people who truly can't PvP, like Goose and Calamity. They are both good, but they would not be as good without them, and their ego's cant handle that.

Getting back to speedhacks, the reason EA does nothing about them is because they can not prove you are using them short of scanning your system, which is illegal.

So how does anyone propose they fix it if they cant prove it? Even if you see the person running faster than you, you still cant prove it. Also as mentioned before there are some people, like me who have $6,000.00 computers and a 16+ Mbps connection.

E

Eslake

So get real, scripts don't work like macros. You don't push a button when you want the script to work. It's either ON or OFF. And you have no control over what it's doing because its pre-programmed. It's not helpful, it's not useful and if you're running a script to help you PvP better... LOL!!!!! you're stupid.
I'm glad you know so little about them, it shows you don't use them. ;)

But scripts can be written to work exactly like macros. That is the whole point of using script programs rather than loopers or pug apps. The user can write their own custom script to do anything they want it to. (within the limits of the client's access to data)

Heck, on the website for the most common UO script program they even have scripts that duplicate having UOAssist, complete with the title bar changes and extras like hiding corpses and fields. :(

Sad that EA doesn't bother to block its use, particularly when doing so would take less than 2 minutes a day. But it probably has to do with the fact that there are more users on that website than stratics' forums. $ after all.

R

RoycroftLS

And even if it lets a player run slightly (keyword) faster than another player... is not an advantage that will make or break the outcome of a fight.
Just because a speed hack doesn't let you play in god mode doesn't make it okay to use. Even small advantages add up over time. The house advantage in blackjack is well under 1%, yet casinos make millions and millions of dollars each year off that small advantage.

One of the fundamental assumptions in online gaming is that besides a few variables (computer speed, connection speed, player skill), everyone is on a level playing field. Who wants to play a game where by playing legally they are at a disadvantage?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Superficial huh? When was the last time you saw someone run over a candelabra or a bagball without using an art hack? When was the last time you saw someone lay perfect feilds from a screen away while other fields obscured the location being cast upon? I suggest you pull your head out of your ass, because these two alone have a huge effect on big fights. (FYI...Friday night I watched the same guy run though candelabras and bagballs...looks like an *interesting feature!*) BTW..this is the 4th time I have tried to explain this to you...*shrugs*

I don't cheat at all, so why would I be here telling you not to worry about it so much? Well, when there are so many more problems with this game that are much much more important, more of a factor on everyones game play and a much bigger deal... I really don't understand why so many people are fixated on a problem that isn't that big of a deal (well the "speedhack" is an issue they need to update on the EAMythic side) but, everything is really really stupid to complain about.
Perhaps you need to look at the big picture. In the above statement you say you have never cheated...which is very admirable. My problem with this statement is that you say in the first parragraph that such and such and such and such have no effect, but yet you really have no idea of this because you have never used it yourself or seen any of them used in an advantageous manner.

Get over it. You not winning in PvP has nothing to do with them cheating, but everything to do with you not being good enough (if that's even the case.) Try practicing more.
You are incorrect. Whle I do agree that practice makes you better, there are many situations in which others can achieve an advantage through cheats, client mods, and/or speedhacks. If you dont see the situations, chances are you arent really aware of your surroundings.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me tell you what this thread is all about for the blind people around here.

Lefty got his @ss handed to him because he didn't have what it takes. He lost to someone who was obviously better at the game and there is no proof cheats were involved.

After that he runs on here and cries how EA needs to fix a bunch of things.

Well I'm sorry but coming around here opening a thread full of old subjects and whining how bad cheats in pvp are is not going to gain my sympathy and I am certainly not going to agree that these cheats are nearly as effective as this moron says they are when I know exactly what is and isn't possible.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lefty got his @ss handed to him because he didn't have what it takes. He lost to someone who was obviously better at the game and there is no proof cheats were involved.

Well I'm sorry but coming around here opening a thread full of old subjects and whining how bad cheats in pvp are is not going to gain my sympathy and I am certainly not going to agree that these cheats are nearly as effective as this moron says they are when I know exactly what is and isn't possible.
TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How ignorant.

A speedhack will help someone during combat in these ways;
Their target has problems predicting their route when they spell dance, mana dance, escape or hunt them because they're skipping steps for them.
Target has much less chance of catching up with them in straight line runs.
They have a good chance of catching up and running faster than the target, giving them time to cast for example, when running straight lines.

A script can run very complex strings of actions combined together at the hit of a button, with the option to instantly cancel the actions or freeze them at any point to continue with another macro or just stop.

A script can also help them stay away from a melee character if they're a caster and vice versa.

There are scripts that can be set to ON or OFF at will, most notably "Medic" scripts, responsible for what appears to be UBER timing in potion chugging/healing/eating apples and whatnot/curing/using smoke bombs, Shuriken, Fukyia Darts, the whole deal of support actions.

There are other hacks which are most obvious but are more "damaging" like boosting casting speed, messing with the line of sight (Example: Someone's casting from behind a house on a target on the other side), accessing the bank box from anywhere etc. At some point people were able to wear 2 tunics, at another able to wear 2 of each jewel. I have SEEN this. Lots of crazy stuff. There was even a hack that made someone miss all the time against the player using it. I'm talking 100% miss, all shots, in a row, every time.

There are even hacks that indicate where a person is stealthing so the hacker can cling on to them. Pun intended, hackers are **** to me. :next:

Then there's exploits like duping items and all. And let's not forget bots. And that's a summary of what used to be around- and about 80% of it still is around and works fine, at least the last time I checked.. Always on 2D.

Moreover remember than a tiny bit of "help" here, and a tiny bit there, end up making you invincible when they are added together.

So you might not defend or attack a hot-spot better directly by cheating but you will definitely have a far better chance of killing than being killed. Which eventually leads to you defending or attacking a hot-spot better, for the matter.. :loser:

And no, hacks that eliminate tree tops and all that are not SUPERFICIAL. Where is it easier to see the other person, their actions, what spells they might be casting etc? Obstructed by tree tops or in plain sight? Even this small thing gives an advantage.

See, assuming you are using it, you must be otherwise unable to focus on your target and combat and that might have cost you the fight. This cheat eliminates your PERSONAL SKILL disadvantage instead of you trying to improve. It's therefore CHEATING and the degree of it doesn't matter.

Those of you STILL ARGUING (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) the very existence of cheats need their heads checked. And you're probably the same people who fell for the anti-PB propaganda. Or cheaters. Maybe just too ignorant. :next:

Have I used a cheat? Yeah I have. Why? I was curious. Do I care to prove it? No I don't.
PB won't be implemented, EA does nothing but scrape off the most blatant and stupid cheats and people still dupe. 1-0. Nuff said.

As to what comp and connection I'm using, I've gone into detail in the past(as I have about my skills and items). And for the last months I've been running on 25 Mega kthxbye. Comp handles Crysis on Ultra High (DX10), 1680x1050. KR is flying on this machine. Face it, some people CHEAT in UO.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So you know that every thing he said is a valid problem in PvP, is effective and possible, and needs to be fixed?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you know that every thing he said is a valid problem in PvP, is effective and possible, and needs to be fixed?
Well, the problem here Ender is that we are talking about an individual who says one thing and does another. He is against duping but asked in PMs with Beerman how it was done. He is against cheating, but when someone else complains about cheating (I am going to go ahead and *assume* the OP was talking about Doomsdays considering Doomsdays response to said post) he develops a complex. What is this world coming to?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How ignorant.

A speedhack will help someone during combat in these ways;
Their target has problems predicting their route when they spell dance, mana dance, escape or hunt them because they're skipping steps for them.
Target has much less chance of catching up with them in straight line runs.
They have a good chance of catching up and running faster than the target, giving them time to cast for example, when running straight lines.

A script can run very complex strings of actions combined together at the hit of a button, with the option to instantly cancel the actions or freeze them at any point to continue with another macro or just stop.

A script can also help them stay away from a melee character if they're a caster and vice versa.

There are scripts that can be set to ON or OFF at will, most notably "Medic" scripts, responsible for what appears to be UBER timing in potion chugging/healing/eating apples and whatnot/curing/using smoke bombs, Shuriken, Fukyia Darts, the whole deal of support actions.

There are other hacks which are most obvious but are more "damaging" like boosting casting speed, messing with the line of sight (Example: Someone's casting from behind a house on a target on the other side), accessing the bank box from anywhere etc. At some point people were able to wear 2 tunics, at another able to wear 2 of each jewel. I have SEEN this. Lots of crazy stuff. There was even a hack that made someone miss all the time against the player using it. I'm talking 100% miss, all shots, in a row, every time.

There are even hacks that indicate where a person is stealthing so the hacker can cling on to them. Pun intended, hackers are **** to me. :next:

Then there's exploits like duping items and all. And let's not forget bots. And that's a summary of what used to be around- and about 80% of it still is around and works fine, at least the last time I checked.. Always on 2D.

Moreover remember than a tiny bit of "help" here, and a tiny bit there, end up making you invincible when they are added together.

So you might not defend or attack a hot-spot better directly by cheating but you will definitely have a far better chance of killing than being killed. Which eventually leads to you defending or attacking a hot-spot better, for the matter.. :loser:

And no, hacks that eliminate tree tops and all that are not SUPERFICIAL. Where is it easier to see the other person, their actions, what spells they might be casting etc? Obstructed by tree tops or in plain sight? Even this small thing gives an advantage.

See, assuming you are using it, you must be otherwise unable to focus on your target and combat and that might have cost you the fight. This cheat eliminates your PERSONAL SKILL disadvantage instead of you trying to improve. It's therefore CHEATING and the degree of it doesn't matter.

Those of you STILL ARGUING (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) the very existence of cheats need their heads checked. And you're probably the same people who fell for the anti-PB propaganda. Or cheaters. Maybe just too ignorant. :next:

Have I used a cheat? Yeah I have. Why? I was curious. Do I care to prove it? No I don't.
PB won't be implemented, EA does nothing but scrape off the most blatant and stupid cheats and people still dupe. 1-0. Nuff said.

As to what comp and connection I'm using, I've gone into detail in the past(as I have about my skills and items). And for the last months I've been running on 25 Mega kthxbye. Comp handles Crysis on Ultra High (DX10), 1680x1050. KR is flying on this machine. Face it, some people CHEAT in UO.
*a tear forms in Omnicron's eye*

Im so proud of you S!ck...We have agreed on something again!

B

Bama

Cheaters never prosper.....What a load of **** that is
anyone who says the cheats don't work or do not give an advantage are so full of it its not funny. GO to test shard and look and the people there its the proving grounds and testing center for the damn things. a new mage 100 lrc suit and no arties using Medic running circle and casting on the fly, healing on the fly. wow

Is anyone else tired of running from a mage who does not fall behind in the chase and is casting flamestrikes on the run?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black bro, your funnier than Dragon is.

I know alot of "top tier" pvprs, and most use some script of somesort, coupled with loop programs, speed hacks, art hacks(which if you read your roc is bannable since it helps reduce your serverside lag) and a host of other items to help them "compete." I cant tell you how many screen shots Ive seen with "top tier" guilds using these items. Hell even people like Calamity and Goose use stuff, and I know they do because they post pictures of them doing it.

Now I'm going to pretend your naivety is dude to you just getting into pvp. Ive been pvping for over 9 years. Ive rolled with the punches, ive adapted, ive been one of hte best, ive been one of hte newbiest, ive dominated, ive been decimated...

But you you know in the end, a cheater is a cheater, and one who defends him is just as bad.

Im not going to explain why all these programs are used, but rest assured if they didnt give someone an advantage then NO ONE WOULD USE THEM.
I'm not defending people who use cheats. What I'm saying in this thread is that cheating isn't the "advantage" people are claiming it to be. Having the devs waste resources and time on things that aren't really an issue solves nothing and it keeps our game broken and missing other things for even longer... things that actually matter.

Case in point

This bit of craziness. INVINCIBLE!!!?!?!? He's lost his mind.

You know though, you're right. A cheater is a cheater. And I know damn well that the vast majority of people in this game will look for any and all advantages to help them get that win. Whether it comes from taking the game to seriously or not being good enough on their own without that sense of trying to have an edge.. It's the same reason people constantly look out for the next gimpiest character/item set up to make for that cheap kill... it's pathetic

I didn't even bother to read the mountains of garbage in this thread talking about the advantages of cheating because it's 99% junk.

1. Scripts are 99.99% of the time used to farm money or items. There is 0.01% of idiots who try and PvP with them.

2. Speedhacking isn't the problem. Having clients and servers that don't sync the way they should be is. Getting them to ban a bunch of people for "speedhacking" rather than fixing the actual problem is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. And all of you people complaining about this are just pushing for that to happen. WELL GOOD JOB!

The End.

=/

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Superficial huh? When was the last time you saw someone run over a candelabra or a bagball without using an art hack? When was the last time you saw someone lay perfect feilds from a screen away while other fields obscured the location being cast upon? I suggest you pull your head out of your ass, because these two alone have a huge effect on big fights. (FYI...Friday night I watched the same guy run though candelabras and bagballs...looks like an *interesting feature!*) BTW..this is the 4th time I have tried to explain this to you...*shrugs*
Read my last post above me as that's all I have to say about this. I do want to say something else though.

Simply changing the way something appears on your screen, does NOT alter the way you interact with it in game. Walking over bag-balls and candelabras has nothing to do with altering the way the art in this game looks.

An art change, is just that... an ART change. It just changes the way you SEE it... not the way you interact with it.

UOA has an option that lets you view your character as a chicken and see the world in color even though you're a ghost and in monochrome. Does that mean you're now alive and can do things as a ghost?

Figure it out...

A

AesSedai

- changing the art files in UO is cheating according to the rules that define what is and is not cheating in UO.
- speedhacks do exist.
- illegal scripts are used in pvp.

A

AesSedai

- There is nothing to figure out; this subject has been figured out for many years.

In certain instances we have been given the ability to alter some visuals in the game. UOA's alterations and I believe reverting Felucca's desolation tree theme back to green leafy trees (changing a 0 to a 1 iirc) are about the only two that come to mind atm.

Hacking the client to alter or make tiles look different, for example, is against the rules; and that has been clearly stated by Dev Team on this forum and the old myuo forums in the past.

I'm just not sure if any of those statements have survived the tribulations of time, but you might be able to find some archived comment about it if you truly think altering game files is not cheating.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read my last post above me as that's all I have to say about this. I do want to say something else though.

Simply changing the way something appears on your screen, does NOT alter the way you interact with it in game. Walking over bag-balls and candelabras has nothing to do with altering the way the art in this game looks.

An art change, is just that... an ART change. It just changes the way you SEE it... not the way you interact with it.

UOA has an option that lets you view your character as a chicken and see the world in color even though you're a ghost and in monochrome. Does that mean you're now alive and can do things as a ghost?

Figure it out...

Are you ********? Not only are the tiles changed but the way you interact with said tiles changes as well. There are rules PREVENTING a character from walking over bagballs and candelabras. When they modify the CLIENTSIDE files this rule no longer applies...why cant you understand how this simple fact nullifies your entire statement?

An example:
You are a faction thief in a defended faction stronghold. Inside are 1500 candelabras stacked in every concievable space to make it near impossible to reach the sigils. However since changing the art files those candelabras no longer have any effect...and you are thus able to reach the sigils that would otherwise be near impossible to reach. (please explain to me how this change doesnt have a SERIOUS effect due to the way you *interact with the modifications*)

An example with static fields:
You are in despise with the static fields modification defending the island. Everything you see is goza mats (field wise)...so when you lay down other fields your ability to target locations is no longer EFFECTED by fields that span the entier z-axis...making it entirely possible to lay down and target fields without having to stand on the actual location due to fields themselves not hampering placement. (the z-axis or height of a field directly impedes the ability to lay a field on the other side of it if not standing on teh location WITHOUT statics fields) On the other hand your *attackers* dont have this...and are therefore unable to lay fields down in those *hard to reach* places because of the dreaded z-axis. (DUH!)

This is the last time I am going to ATTEMPT to explain this to you, as the previous 4 seems to go in one ear and out the other. Please dont bother to respond UNLESS you actually let what I am saying sink in. Trust me, if you have a shread of intelligence in there it WILL make sense.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you ********? Not only are the tiles changed but the way you interact with said tiles changes as well. There are rules PREVENTING a character from walking over bagballs and candelabras. When they modify the CLIENTSIDE files this rule no longer applies...why cant you understand how this simple fact nullifies your entire statement?
Are you ********?!?! You changing the way something LOOKS on your screen does not change the way your character interacts with it.

You moving over a bagball isn't client side!!!!! ALL the object we share and interact with ARE ON THE SERVER!!!!!

asldfkjaf;fjddf;lfjsf;ja

Now keep your promise and stop posting your garbage.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This train wreck is over. You folks did read the RoC, right? Personal attacks? Respect? Trolling?

One day we might see a good thread discussing this issue. That day is not today.

Status
Not open for further replies.