• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Fittings"?

T

Trebr Drab

I see "fittings" in several places in UO, dungeons. Never had time to investigate them, but what are they? Part of quests?

T

Trebr Drab

No one knows? Send me a PM if there's some secret about it, maybe we can make a trade for one of mine.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe if you add a screenshot people might be able to help, I've never seen them before. :(

T

Trebr Drab

Ok, pics...........

This is in Hythloth, level 2.
These were added a few years ago, but I never saw what they were for.

This is again in Hythloth, on level 4. Note the color, if I remember right they used to be the standard color like on level 2. They were added at the same time.

This is in the Tomb of Kings. These seem to be bleeding through from another level or something.

And these are all I have seen, as far as I can remember. But there light be more, just don't remember right now.

Also, curious that this possible scenario might mean something:
Hythloth is on Fire Isle, where the entrance to the Underworld arose. The color of the set of Fittings on level 4 of Hyth might have changed when the underworld entrance rose, but not sure about that.
The Tomb of Kings is the Underworld entrance from the Garg lands side.

B

Beastmaster

I first saw these when Magincia was blown up. They were available as rubble.

T

Trebr Drab

I first saw these when Magincia was blown up. They were available as rubble.
Yes, that's right. And they were not in Magincia before that, that I saw or remember. And now that you say that, wasn't Magincia destroyed by Deamons?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are from the Magincia event. I collected quite a few of these over the course of the event. I got most of them from the mage shop area. As far as the pics you show...... never seen em before.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is in the Tomb of Kings. These seem to be bleeding through from another level or something.
that hallway in the tomb of kings is trapped. the fittings shoot fireballs/lightning at the players moving along the hallway.

T

Trebr Drab

I'm just curious. Is this the extent of curiosity with this sort of thing?

B

Beastmaster

If you had posted about how they can be activated in a particular order to gain access to the mob that drops that new uber weapon you'd probably have all kinds of curious folks clammering for all the details. Since you didn't, it will fade away while everyone banksits.

T

Trebr Drab

I'm just curious. Is this the extent of curiosity with this sort of thing?
If you had posted about how they can be activated in a particular order to gain access to the mob that drops that new uber weapon you'd probably have all kinds of curious folks clammering for all the details. Since you didn't, it will fade away while everyone banksits.
That would seem to be the way of it.
But I refuse (maybe to my own dismay) to believe that somewhere, deep down inside, buried under mounds of riches and piles of loot, that most players don't like mystery and discovery, and even the journey to said discovery. Rather, I think most just think it's a wasted enterprise doomed to abyssal failure.

Yet I keep wondering...."why are these things there?" and "what if?"