• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishing up.....WHAT?

M

MariamATL

Today I logged onto my fisher and noticed a mysticism scroll in his backpack. Odd I thought since he's a fisherman and not a fighter. Oh well maybe I got that from a goblin or skele going down the puzzle room hall. Then I went fishing and pulled up a "soddened piece of parchment" which turned out to be a mysticism scroll. Is this normal? I have only been at 100 for a little over a week now so I don't really know what's norm and what's not.

THANKS!!!

M

MariamATL

O.k. after getting my first message in a bottle (do they always spawn on the monsters?) I realize now that maybe my junky backpack always had two scrolls in it and it was the random treasure map that I got. Does this happen?

Lol....and if MIB's always spawn on monsters, I need to invest in better armor! =/

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mibs, fishing nets and t-maps (sodden piece of parchment) are always coming along with a sea or deep sea serpent. Additional to those you are able to wake sleeping serpents without treasure with your fishing attempts. If you fish a lot it might be a very good idea to skin them. They give scales (for the brit library) and horned leather.
There are many way of dealing with those serpents. You dont need good armour for them. Just remember that they cannot bite you, when you are standing right beside the mast of your ship. (Its the tile that you recall onto, when you use your ship key as target for the recall.) So the serpents have to rely onto their weak magery. For killing them there are several tactics around. From direct casting or shooting with a snake slayer bow up to golems. If you can get a vollem (a tinkered one is enough) those would do pretty fine.

M

MariamATL

WOW! Thanks for the info! Now I might survive! lol.....*goes in search of more MIBs*

T

Tuchman

Mibs, fishing nets and t-maps (sodden piece of parchment) are always coming along with a sea or deep sea serpent. Additional to those you are able to wake sleeping serpents without treasure with your fishing attempts. If you fish a lot it might be a very good idea to skin them. They give scales (for the brit library) and horned leather.
There are many way of dealing with those serpents. You dont need good armour for them. Just remember that they cannot bite you, when you are standing right beside the mast of your ship. (Its the tile that you recall onto, when you use your ship key as target for the recall.) So the serpents have to rely onto their weak magery. For killing them there are several tactics around. From direct casting or shooting with a snake slayer bow up to golems. If you can get a vollem (a tinkered one is enough) those would do pretty fine.
It's been a very long time since I have taken a Golem out to hunt about Lord BlackThorn Revenge time! I could use a fishing buddy :) Thanx for reminding me, now to dust off all those parts.