• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing stuck at 25.0

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to take up Fishing again while Landreu is RoTing Spellweaving. I've hit 25.0 and gains have stopped dead with 709.0 of 720.0 max skill. There something I need to do to gain more skill? Moving around the shore, fishing from a boat a little off shore, and off of the Zento docks doesn't work. I set Focus to gain and can train that, but can't get any more Fishing gains. Any ideas?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dock/shore fishing should work. Keep at it. How long have you been at it without gains?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dock/shore fishing should work. Keep at it. How long have you been at it without gains?
10 or 20 minutes. What has me wondering is it stopped at 25.0 which seems deliberate in the code until I do something required by the game to continue gains.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a skill ball and see if you are fishing for the best fish.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to Moonglow from Makoto Isle and tried fishing there after getting cotton and am getting gains normally, not getting zip fishing off Makoto.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may just need to go to deeper water. I trained up fish a few months ago and got to 70 without a problem

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I accidentally scrubbed off some of my tactics while swapping skills with Soul stones. While retraining I also stopped getting gains.

What worked for me was to put the skill on a stone and then reclaim. After that gains went back to normal. Hope that helps.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What´s your skill up to now, Tanivar?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What´s your skill up to now, Tanivar?
Currently 47.5. Just moved to my ship off the coast of Makoto last night when the crystal ball switched to 'too easy' while fishing offshore on Moonglow Isle and am now getting gains and fish here by my house. Don't know what was up with the no gains last time here.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this issue with a few skills. The gains just stopped. I fixed it by having someone kill me. If you need help with this Malloc will be glad to assist. Just go up to him and say "I like Razz better then you." He'll take care of you.

But really, death always seemed to work. After I was rezzed the gains started again.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
25.0 skill seems to be the point at which you stop gaining for failure. You'll have to actually catch fish in some what challenging water to gain now.