• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fishing struggle

kal

Visitor
hi i have been doing the harbour master quests for months but when you read up on it each returned quest should increase ie 10 should go to 15 next order how ever all i ever get is 10 orders what am i doing wrong? also after probably 300 quests not a sniff of a power scroll?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you refuse an order you will lose loyalty to the fishmongers and not go up in the sizes of orders.

You likely won't get any powerscrolls if you only getting 10 orders.

If you are not refusing orders, then I don't know what the problems would be.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Supposedly refusing orders has no effect. JUNKING an existing order is what causes the reduction.

The 10 to 15 is specifically by fish type. If you turn in a 10 kokanee salmon, supposedly the next salmon order will be 15.

The chance for 2-fish-type orders is supposed to be based on the percentage of fish types you've completed 1-fish orders for.
Similarly, 3-fish-type orders are based on the numbers of fish types you've completed 2-fish orders for, and so on, and requires passing the previous check to go from 1 to 2.
When you get access to a new category of fish, your order quality takes a hit, as suddenly you haven't done all the fish types anymore.

There's a long-time bug that some people get reset back to zeros (and to single fish 10-count orders) out of nowhere. No one knows what causes it.

If you never improve, you might want to contact Mesanna and have someone actually look into your account.

Bails

Visitor
Have you bought a toko boat or bigger? I didn't realize a smaller boat wouldn't allow me to do bigger quests.