• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing macro

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi guys,

any way of making a fishing macro that fishes without you needing to target the water each cast?

Before I left you could make one 'standing still' (ie shoreline fishing) that was basically:

Delay/Last Object/Cursor Target Last (repeat repeat repeat)

This would automatically fish the same spot while standing still. It seems that this will not work now, won't target the water once you do the initial click like it did.

Edit: figured this, it now requires Last Object (fishing pole) /Wait for Target/Cursor Target Last/ Delay (8.5 sec)

You did the same thing while 'moving' only took out the Cursor Target Last and had to click the water each time.

Anybody have anything else/new that will work or is successful for fishing?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use
last object/wait for target/cursor target last/delay 8.5 then repeat it then set to repeat 10 times

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I kinda figured it out so must of been doing my edit while you were replying.

However, way back pre KR and EC you used to be able to 'target relative' probably still can in 2d and/or 2d with UOassist. This allowed you to target a landscape in relation to your feet, so ie one tile away, 3 tiles etc, depending on where you clicked. This was how you mined and fished using uoassist macro.

When KR came out they left that option out, and after a LOT of groaning eventually put in 'target by resource'. However, this forgot the ability to put in a fishing pole to target nearest water, only the axe and shovels etc for lumberjacking and mining were included.

So now if you still use 2d i am assuming 'target relative' still exists. (Don't have it installed so cant check) If it does I wonder if there is anyway pinko can include it in his UI. Basically so you can slow sail fishing and cast as you go along. This is one area that is NOT better than it was pre the EC.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
currently target by resource/relative wont work for fishing when moving but does for things like mining and its turned off and needs turned on

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*confused* isn't that what i just said?

Was wondering if it 'still' works (target relative) in 2D. My reasoning would be it is not an 'illegal' action if you still can do it in 2d or 2d with uo assist.

And if it does still work for 2d then can pinko code 'target relative' or something that acts the same into the EC so that it performs the same function in the EC.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it still works in 2d and if I remember correctly pinco said he could not code it! I am sure he will comment on this as soon as he is around!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it still works in 2d and if I remember correctly pinco said he could not code it! I am sure he will comment on this as soon as he is around!
only the devs can add it since this kind of target is managed inside the client...
Someone should try to twitt jeff, maybe he could do something about...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems we got an answer!

jskalski said:
Jeff Skalski
@PetraFyde1 Should be doable. I'll poke about it in our next planning meeting.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Low and behold, 2 months later:

Progress is being made. That's a pretty fast addition to the EC.
2 months? it has been requested since HS came out (probably before), so we are speaking about 2 years at least :p

W

Woodsman

2 months? it has been requested since HS came out (probably before), so we are speaking about 2 years at least :p
Yes, but it was just funny that two months after the conversation died they added it in.