• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Pirates] Fisherman/Privateer

SpiffyBananaFoot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been away from the game for years, but have become active again and I'm really excited to see the new(ish) High Seas content. One of my favorite pass-times before I left was fishing and MiBs. It's great to see there is more out there now while fishing for hours on end. I am wondering if pirate hunting is possible on my old fishing template, or find out what changes might help the template out.

I have a few questions related to that:

-Is solo pirate ship hunting plausible?

-If so, what boat is best for fishing and pirate ship hunting? Maybe I should ask, which ship is best, and what ship meets the minimum requirements (I might need to work up to the "best" ship).

Here is my current template. Is it still good for fishing? Will it work for killing pirates solo?
resist 100
magery 100
scribe 100
med 100
eval int 100
fishing 100
hiding 100

I have been considering dropping hiding and bumping several of the other skills to 120. Would that be better?

Thanks,

SBF

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahoy. Welcome back.

Yes--it is possible to solo pirates...but it is difficult.

I think your template is good--I would keep the hiding (been a GM hider my whole career!)

If anything, I would put the scribing on a soulstone and maybe raise the magery above 100.

When you get your boat, take plenty of cloth and boards etc for repairs.