• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fisher/cook with couple k faction points

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greetings,
I have a factioneer and my bro has one. Ive been gone for a while so havent seen what changes have been going on but... I just looked up the factions on CHessy and I noticed a factioneer with a few non combat skills up to GM with over 250k points. Im so confused because as I have never been very good at the fight but I always fight and when I win I get compisated for it with points ( yea me) in my best days I have not been able to push the ammount of faction points to be on a board of so-so players. so if anyone could enlighten me to as to the means of aquireing points I would be much appreciative. Btw, I only play factions to fight, and I dont really care about rank, but I do like the ability to manipulate my armor with the faction artie I just dont have the money to go and purchase an imbued suit FTW. on a side note I have no idea how some players have Billions of gold. I have enough to sustain my insurance on the items I have. but damn billions?
In a few days you may see me I'll be the one swinging a blade wildly in the attempts of connection. stop by my corpse and say "Hi" lol. till then
dueces 2>?
Milk-

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
last year there was a story arc going on that they tied into factions.

at that time they did some little tweaks that are now not in the game anymore.
one of those tweaks was to give you double kill points if you killed a enemy faction dude in a faction town.

AND if that faction dude was opposite of your faction (good vs evil) ((TB and COM vs SL and MX)) then you would get even another double dose of kill points.

so initially that was cool.

you would kill a fella that had like 20 points on him and you would get 10% of that (like its allways been) so you would get 2.
then since this was in brit (faction town) youd end up getting 4.
and since he was minax and you where TB you ended up with 6.

of course it didnt take long for people to figure out that you could totally rack up the points by putting another account in an enemy faction or have a buddy put his guys in another faction.

so initially when you start doing this your getting like 6 then 12 then 18 kill points, but after a while your starting to get 100k per kill, 200k per kill, 800k per kill!!!!

so what your seeing, im assuming, is a 'point holder /farmer' character that was left over from that.

kinda like i logged into ATL today and was out playing and i clipped a enemy faction dude and killed him, i got 184,000 kill points for that one kill.

i think the best one i ever got was on GL i clipped a fella and i got 1.7 mill kill points for that.

hope that explains that all for ya.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe, or any PvPers for that matter. :D

I tried Origin for a while with my faction character...had to transfer. Could not find a single person in Fel. The 2 I would actually see were a couple SL that wouldn't leave their Yew house.

I hope its doing better, now.

L

Luke Carjacker

Do faction points go away when you transfer? I've always wondered why people haven't x-sharded from shards where you can get hundreds of thousands or millions in a flash.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you are auto punted out of factins when you x-shard