• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fish Monger Quests

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing the fish monger quests for a while now. I am trying to get a powerscroll. By now I should have 4-5 times the reputation to get one. I accept a quest, complete it, accept the next one, etc. I have not refused one. I have done at least 3-4 in a row for each fishmonger. The best I have gotten is fire lobster trap or junk proof hook. What am I doing wrong?

How exactly do you know what your reputation is (the number value) with the fishmongers?

Do all the fishmongers share the same reputation "pool" or do they each have their own?

When you complete an order & receive a reward, does this reset or lower your reputation?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
am not sure but from my experience you have to do a TON of quests where you are having to turn in 3-4 different types in a shipment. It seems that if you take time off like a month or more, the quests drop and I am back to turning in 2 different types and have to work my way back up.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with DreadLord Lestat, you have to do TONS! I have been doing these quest fairly steady and constant for 2 years, the powerscrolls are rare. You will get tons of bait, hooks and books. (I leave the books right next to the monger in passive aggressive protest. :p) The hooks you don't use sell well on vendors as do certain baits. (I keep the traps but I'm sure they would sell too.)

I don't think there is a way to find your exact reputation - a numerical value at least. The best way to tell seems to be by the order amount. As it builds, you get more fish requested. I don't know your skill level, but you need to be at 106.1 in order to get orders for dungeon fish. The largest order is for 6 different types at 20 each. It seems after you deliver one or two for that amount, it drops you back to one liners. As long as you don't cancel a quest, you may get one liners but they should always be for an amount of 20. Large orders do not guarantee powerscrolls! Nothing is more frustrating than turning in a 6 liner for crabs and dungeon fish and getting a book.

You do need to do at least one a day in order to not get a major reset. I had taken October off from fishing and did the pumpkin fields and begging; when I got back to fishing, I had to start at one liners for amounts of 10. I hadn't even docked my boat or refused a quest. The quest just sat in my hold during that time.

Good Luck!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it will take long time to get 120 scroll but this will keep there value up. seems like something needs to change with decay of rep in this and maybe others areas like virtues, town rep, ect... theres is so much u can do now that u cant keep up rep especially if play many chars. I feel it should be if u use it, u loose it. get rid of decay. just my opinion. I gave up on fishing due to ships runes going blank, losing ships with quests in hold, fish scripters. plus theres no challenge, nothing on the high seas that will kill u. the bait with suit doesn't seem to help a lot getting rare/legendary but better than nothing. have fun