• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First time Dexer.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never used a dexer, gonna try one know.
I was think about a 4/6 chiv bush parry dexer
120 Bush
120 Parry
120 swords
105 Chiv (for Holy Light)
90 tactics
90 anatomy
75 points left, i was thinking either healing or Meditation. maybe bump up tactics anatomy to 120? Any other suggestions?
Meditation might be a bad idea since i would need to use a medible suit.
Will the healing from Bush/Chiv be enough? And i heard something about MR not working as it did before something about you need med to get the most out of MR.

Really need some input here before i train all the skills and buy all the scrolls.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will also have chugging pots as a heal method. I wouldn't rely solely on healing methods that require mana since your going to be using mana for specials and holy light in addition to having no resist or meditation. You will be pretty much screwed once someone casts mana vamp on you, and we really don't know what the outcome is going to be on the diminishing returns that are currently being tested on the test shard. I'm not really sure just how much 75 healing is going help, but I do know that you will notice a difference with 75 meditation.

T

Turdnugget

How do you plan on getting the 4/6 as a bush/parry dexer?

Must 4/6 users are parry oriented w/out bushido. They use a shield for 1fc, ring/jewel for 2 and weapon for 4.

Using Orny you lose valuable HCI unless you've got it on the shield/talisman/hat/ring.

Then you gotta find a decent FC ring w/required mods.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe resist spells on the 75?? Seems you're relying on mana a lot and mana drain will leave you with no holy light, and no healing and no curing.
Perhaps use healing with bandies so you don't have to worry about that. That's what most do. 81 is min to resurrect others w/bandies. And then use enhanced bandages to heal more hp (gives +10 healing)
Try to get to tactics 100 for the extra GM boost of damage.

MR has diminishing returns. About 8 mr is supposed to be ideal without meditation. And a meadable suit is highly recommended with as much MR on as possible (gorget, sleeves, rune beetle carapace).

You could rely on lightning strike for the hci. And rely on tali +10, Capt john's hat +15, and ring +15 hci for 40 hci (close enough).