• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First ever Origin CRIMSON RUMBLE

I

Intoxication

Announcing
The Lost Souls of the Night
First Ever Origin PvP Tournament
'The Crimson Rumble'
Friday, September 26th, at 6pm shard time (PST)
This tournament will be free to all who attend –
Come show off your skills and have some fun!!

3rd place - Snake Skin Boots and Nocturne Earrings
2nd place - Bleve Jewelry Set

GRAND PRIZE - Crimson Cincture

All characters will need to report to the LSN Arena house 30 minutes before the event for a review of rules and to sign in. Gates will be available from Luna and Yew gate.

Please remember this contest is on the Felucca facet, and not everyone can be completely controlled. If you are coming, either to participate or as a spectator, please do not bring anything that you may not want to lose. We strongly suggest insuring any non-blessed items and clearing your backpack of any non-necessary items.

The tournament will be a best two out of three elimination. Each contestant will be matched up randomly for each round. Two people will be called into the ring for each match, the match will go on till one contestant wins twice. The loser of the match will then be eliminated and the winner will move onto the next round. Each round will be done this way until we are down to the last two. The winner of the final match will be the champion of the first ever Origin Crimson Rumble.

Contact one of the following with any questions:

Frost Keats - ICQ 354580529
Lariat - ICQ 266577302
Intoxication - ICQ 440612311

We look forward to seeing you all there!!!

Event Rules:

1. Aside from the 2 combatants in the ring, there is to be no fighting in the house. If you wish to spar or "warm up", you may do so outside. Any one in the house attacking others will not only get themselves but there entire guild kicked out of the tournament and banned from the house.

2. With the exception of Protection, Magic Reflect, and Reactive Armor, pre-casting is not allowed. If you wish to use buffs such as Bless, or a necro or animal form, you must wait until the wall falls.

3. Looting your opponent will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the tournament.

4. The tournament is meant to be fun. We ask that you help it stay that way by not reporting murders unless asked. by your opponent. If you ignore this, and your reporting results in a blue turning red against their wishes, you will be disqualified and your opponent will automatically win the match.

5. There are to be no mounts or other pets on the arena level of the house. There is plenty of room on the lower floor for pets. If you or one of your pets is caught attacking someone else's pet, you will be removed from the house and disqualified from the tournament if applicable.

6. Mild trash talking is to be expected, but if we feel it's getting out of hand we will give you one and only one warning. Ignore that warning and you forfeit your place in the tournament you will also be banned from the house.

7. This is a one-on-one tournament. No pets, summons, or other followers will be allowed. This includes Necro Familiars and Mirror Images.

8. Any form of cheating or exploits is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification, as well as banning from this and any future LSN PvP tournaments or events.

9. Other items that will not be allowed; pots with the exception of DP to recharge your weapon, petals, trap boxes, apples, or any other type of enhancing item. Contestants will be snooped before the start of each round, if the judge can not see everything in your pack you maybe asked to move items. Anything at all that is seen as unfit for the match by the judge will be taken before the match starts. You may get your items back at the close of the tournament or after you have been eliminated.

10. Fields of any kind will not be allowed.

These rules are just basic guidelines. We reserve the right to disqualify or eject anyone from the arena for any form of nuisance, at our discretion.

X

Xotche of Meade

Nice job with the rule set, clean, simple, to the point. :thumbsup:

Hope to be there for at least 25 seconds of ring time, before turning into a ghost heheehe. Good luck and thank you for hosting events on Origin.

Perhaps you all will come out for a few rounds to this Sept. 5th Friday's Fight Nite and show us a few jabs and kicks, knock the rust off some us less daring characters. Castle behind Yew gate fel, 10:30 pm EST.

M

Morgaine

I know this is gonna sound dumb, but what would be 6pm shard time?
And as much as this interests me and the Sept 5th one, these are planned for the 1st Friday of the month.. Same night of the auctions. So, I doubt I would be able to even do it... unless that 6pm shard time isnt anywhere near real time, I could always hope lol

C

Crystal Canyon

Its great to see events again on this shard! Sounds like alot of fun but unfortunantly for me, my pvp skills arent the best.

Maybe I can talk a friend into signing up so I can come cheer for them though! LOL
Morgaine you listening?????

OOPs! I just realized the date also. Oh well maybe the next one will be on a night there isnt an auction. Auction comes first. LOL

Good Luck with the Event !!!

M

Morgaine

hehe I would love to, believe me, as would a few others in AV I know, but yes the auction does come first

C

Crystal Canyon

I have this great idea Morgain...maybe you and I should have our own pvp tourny during the auction! LOL You against Crystal!

Then everyone can clearly see that im telling the truth about my pvp skills. hehehe

M

Morgaine

Thank you for letting me know Intoxication, I appreciate it.

I

Intoxication

I have decided it would be in everyone's best interest if we move the rubble up a week. We would hate to take AVs highest bidders from them. I will edit the date on all my posts of the event. I would also like to mention we will be doing practice matches at the event house. I'm not sure what nights we will be running the practices but you can always just run up past the house and see if there is anyone there. If we are there we will be more then happy to grant access to anyone that wishes to give it a shot. I must make you aware though that i will ban anyone that trys to mess up the practice runs and they will remain banned for the event as well. To find the house go to Fel Yew gate and right North West to the water then head north a few tiles till you come to the house.

C

Crystal Canyon

Intoxication, that is very kind of you to move the date so that your event doesnt coincide with our auction.

With Origin being such a small shard, having two events at the same time would surely conflict.

Thank you again for your generousity. I know everyone on Origin sure appreciates your moving the date so that folks will be able to attend both events.

X

Xotche of Meade

Ummm, I didn't know about auctions....are they held the first friday of every month? We just picked a random Friday and 10:30pm EST is 7:30pm for this shard, does that conflict?

If so, my guild will be glad to switch to Saturdays, this way the shard can have more events for players to choose from. We just decided on late night for us (we're on the east coast) and it seems to work out for Origin.

Feedback please ;)

C

Crystal Canyon

Ummm, I didn't know about auctions....are they held the first friday of every month? We just picked a random Friday and 10:30pm EST is 7:30pm for this shard, does that conflict?

If so, my guild will be glad to switch to Saturdays, this way the shard can have more events for players to choose from. We just decided on late night for us (we're on the east coast) and it seems to work out for Origin.

Feedback please ;)
LOL....okaaaay!;) Yes, A.V. still holds its auctions on the first Friday of every month.

As I commented to Intoxication, we were pleased that she changed the date of her event so that it didnt coincide with the auction, but feel free to keep your date as planned if need be.

I really didnt intend to ask anyone to change thier plans, I was only challenging Morgaine to a PvP duel at the auction just to get a response from her. (she is fun to mess with)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the priveldge to attend the Rumble LSN had on Baja, some time ago. It was a blast!! I was only there as a reporter but even watching was a lot of fun.

Oriana

I

Intoxication

and i must say she did one heck of a job reporting for us. the screen shots were all great. you should stop by this one and enjoy all the fun again.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks was a lot of fun to report on!!

I certainly will try this one, as a civilian this time, my poor lil newbs can't handle much but I'll be there if I can.

Ori

C

Crystal Canyon

I had the priveldge to attend the Rumble LSN had on Baja, some time ago. It was a blast!! I was only there as a reporter but even watching was a lot of fun.

Oriana
Am I to assume here then, that if I bring one of my poor, decrepid, wanna be, pvp characters and particpate in this fest, that you will plaster pics of my gray clad body all over the forums???? Oh how shameful!!! LOL

And lets not discuss the fact that I dont look good in gray, let alone being photographed "back side up" taking a dirt nap!

Evil I tell you! Sheer evil!

I shall stay up all the night before and pray to the UO gods above, that a blackrock infected cow attacks your camera thinking it is a tiny available mate and crushes it to pieces. (no bad will intended.) LOL

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I've had a few request in my days as a reporter to "keep my name out" or "Don't you dare get a pic of me" of course depending on the seriousness of the person depends on how much I'll plaster their pic around. But lucky for you I'm only a mod here not a reporter.

Oh and we all look good in gray to everyone else. LOL

Oriana

C

Crow

Don't worry Crystal, you're the only one that sees the grey when you die.

Unless we're on blue characters and attack you first...or we spirit speak your face planted body.

:heart:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I to assume here then, that if I bring one of my poor, decrepid, wanna be, pvp characters and particpate in this fest, that you will plaster pics of my gray clad body all over the forums???? Oh how shameful!!! LOL

And lets not discuss the fact that I dont look good in gray, let alone being photographed "back side up" taking a dirt nap!

Evil I tell you! Sheer evil!

I shall stay up all the night before and pray to the UO gods above, that a blackrock infected cow attacks your camera thinking it is a tiny available mate and crushes it to pieces. (no bad will intended.) LOL
This is a screenshot from LSN's Baja Crimson Rumble. If you don't go to compete, do try to go as a spectator. The displays of skill and sportsmanship are fantastic! LSN ran a good, clean Rumble on Baja, and I strongly suspect it will be even better on Origin.

C

Crystal Canyon

Great screenshot! Sara, I do fully intend to be present at this great event either in the form of a chicken as a spectator or as a (may I quote?) a "face planted corpse".

Either way, it certainly sounds like a great event...something we have needed on this shard for quite sometime!

I am so excited to see these type of events coming back, Im counting down the days until my demise!

I do so love the name of one of the characters in your pic though, "DONTKILLMEPLEASE".

Im seriously wondering if I dress in pink, have a pretty little bunnie follow me into the ring, have an emote set to say " Mommy help me", and I steal the name of "DONT KILL ME PLEASE", if that might have some sort of psychological effect on my opponent? Whatcha think?:blushing:

At this point, anything is worth a try!:D

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great screenshot! Sara, I do fully intend to be present at this great event either in the form of a chicken as a spectator or as a (may I quote?) a "face planted corpse".

Either way, it certainly sounds like a great event...something we have needed on this shard for quite sometime!

I am so excited to see these type of events coming back, Im counting down the days until my demise!

I do so love the name of one of the characters in your pic though, "DONTKILLMEPLEASE".

Im seriously wondering if I dress in pink, have a pretty little bunnie follow me into the ring, have an emote set to say " Mommy help me", and I steal the name of "DONT KILL ME PLEASE", if that might have some sort of psychological effect on my opponent? Whatcha think?:blushing:

Crystal,
It's all about strategy!!! :scholar: Go for it!!!!

G

Ghost_Writer

If you show up like that Ghost might just get his first kill ever...

I

Intoxication

Yes the event was a blast on Baja, Taslin of DEA won the event on his necro mage. Taslin is a part of our alliance on origin and I'm sure he will show his face in the ring for another shot at winning another crimson.

I also have many other ideas for a few more fun events so don't worry this isn't the end of it. Lots more fun and lots more prizes will sure follow this event.

I also wanted to thank all of my guild for the support and donations that make these events possible. Although i maybe a little bias being its my guild but I must say LSN is the best group of people I have had the pleasure to play with over my last 8 years of playing.

C

Crystal Canyon

Intoxication, If you would bring a book of the Event information to the vendorhouse I will lock it down on the front of the Library and add the information to our "information giver" out front.

I

Intoxication

ok i can do that. i had dropped a few around luna, yew and the t2a caves.

I

Intoxication

YEP!
We are doing it the same way we did it on Baja.
These rules where gathered from a debate we had on Baja Stratics forums before the tournament was held there.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intoxication, If you would bring a book of the Event information to the vendorhouse I will lock it down on the front of the Library and add the information to our "information giver" out front.
I'll do the same for this event at my library and shop!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YEP!
We are doing it the same way we did it on Baja.
These rules where gathered from a debate we had on Baja Stratics forums before the tournament was held there.
LOL I remember that debate. Talk about long and drawn out, but very productive lol. Frankly most of it went over my head..I'm not a pvper. But I'll watch others spilt heads lol.

Ori

C

Crow

Wait wait....as a Moderator, you DON'T know everything?!?!

*scratches head*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hun If I knew everything...well, I'd be making more money than I do now. And it's funny you say thats just at the dinner table my daughter was picking on me when I said I don't know..."What Mom? You're supposed to have the answers."

Uh yea, NOT!!!

Oriana

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am torn, enter the turny and have a shot at a crimson or camp the house and pk all the people that come to fight.

Both would be very fun.

I

Intoxication

well i can tell you that tba tried to camp the house and kill people but it just turned into them dead till we got everyone inside. then they all cried cuz they thought they would of been able to win. :coco:

C

Crystal Canyon

I am torn, enter the turny and have a shot at a crimson or camp the house and pk all the people that come to fight.

Both would be very fun.
LOL...what sounds so funny about that is the fact that the majority of the players coming to this event will most likely be PvPers themselfs, so I dont think that is going to be as fun to do as you might think. :) 0o0o0o0o0o0o

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both would be very fun.
What I found amusing at the Baja Crimson Rumble was just how fast LSN and the folks who came to compete ... red & blue, opposing guilds, etc ... clicked like clockwork, banded together and handed the troublemakers their .... ummmm .... heads ... yes, that's it!! Handed them their heads in a very short time. Then LSN went on to present the Crimson Rumble in an organized manner.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im seriously wondering if I dress in pink, have a pretty little bunnie follow me into the ring, have an emote set to say " Mommy help me", and I steal the name of "DONT KILL ME PLEASE", if that might have some sort of psychological effect on my opponent? Whatcha think?

Crystal, If you come to the Rumble like the above quote, I think you will have everyone trying to kill you.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as the super drags stay in the stable i will be very annoying =)

I would compete but i can hear the dissarm chains now. *shutter*

I

Intoxication

yeah but even if you lose its still a chance at a crimson

L

Lady Tiger

BUMP

sure hope I can make this...bumped it so everyone can see it.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I missed it. Was on my way when some RL stuff popped up. Sounds like it was a huge success. Congrats to the winners, whoever they may be.

Oriana

D

Dr.Thompson

yeah sucks i was unable to go and die imeadetly, so what happend???

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I missed it. Was on my way when some RL stuff popped up. Sounds like it was a huge success. Congrats to the winners, whoever they may be.

I took over 100 screenshots, and I'm currently cropping, tossing, etc. There were 18 entries, and round winners were determined by the best 2 out of 3 duels. Winners of round one advanced to round two, winners of round two advanced to round three, winners of round three advanced to the finals. I will be posting screenshots and recaps of each round as soon as I get the screenies cropped and down to a workable number.

The overall event winners are:

FatTas - 1st Place (who bears an uncanny resemblance to Taslin Hoffstah, the winner of the Baja Crimson Rumble)

Bobby the Rat - 2nd Place

IrStoned - 3rd Place

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a good time.. I hope more guilds take the ball and run with this, and take turns hosting tourneys. I plan on doing one with FFBZ hosting sometime, although our rules will be slightly different. This was a great idea, and a great turnout!