• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS First Edition of The Town Cryer (Posted to Facebook)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh the good ol' Trinsic invasion - enjoyed the detailed newsletter :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shocking they communicate and get complaints for doing it.

I liked it. Thanks @Larisa

Ya this is not the official forum anymore. Get over your butt hurt and go to the official one. But most of you can't because you don't have an account. :lol:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Ya this is not the official forum anymore. Get over your butt hurt and go to the official one. But most of you can't because you don't have an account. :lol:
Funny I've not seen one complaint about communication

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Kind of proves the point on why you want to be where your community is as a company regardless of what the social issues might be.

On another note. You seem to have an account and frequent Stratics daily. Kind of demonstrates the validity of the platform don't you think?

I really do not think anyone cares about official/unofficial. They just like to engage with their frineds and community. This is where a significant part of the community is. Imagine if the Stratics community started droping welcome books around the shards. Yep, basic marketing. I bet we would see a little boom in the numbers.

*Rolls up the Cryer and thoughtfully considers it a win while placing it on the shelf*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I still get kicked off the Official Forum the immediate moment I log on. Both MS Edge and Google Chrome. Been going on for many months now.

@Kyronix - any update?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to have some communication, but I’m hoping that there will be more than just fluff and “featured item for you to buy.”

Love this initative, now let’s see a state of the game update.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Note about Official Forum logon issue aside, the Community Manager posting a journal like this is a step in the right direction. A hopeful reminder that we still have many EMs/GMs and now a CM who can put forward good work and commitment to communicating with the player base in a way that is 'uniquely Ultima'.

I hope this "Issue #1" will go forward for quite a while and not become another attempt at community outreach that mysteriously stops at some point or another without explanation. Fingers crossed.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still get kicked off the Official Forum the immediate moment I log on. Both MS Edge and Google Chrome. Been going on for many months now.

@Kyronix - any update?
I'm having the same issue in both browsers as well. It simply will not allow me to remain logged in, so I cannot post there.

Shame, really.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have to change browsers or have trouble with any other site besides the UO forum it's a them problem that Mesanna is to incompetent to get fixed
So she is a Google technician now? Maybe she can help my wife with her check engine light also.

The website started working on my phone a few weeks ago. I don't have to log in more than once a day now on it.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So she is a Google technician now? Maybe she can help my wife with her check engine light also.

The website started working on my phone a few weeks ago. I don't have to log in more than once a day now on it.
She is in charge of uo if part of uo not working (for more than a year now) she's in charge of getting it fixed I'd maybe recommend she emails someone?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

@Kyronix - any update?
Hey there @Merlin - just wondering if you tried clearing your browser cache? Also Edge and Chrome use the same webkit so they're virtually the same, but if you've never logged into uo.com on either browser then it should work. If you've logged into uo.com historically on either both browsers, then there might be caching issues on both.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She is in charge of uo if part of uo not working (for more than a year now) she's in charge of getting it fixed I'd maybe recommend she emails someone?
They have announced the fix is to use another browser until Chrome fixes the issue on its end, which she has no control over.

You sure need a lit of hand holding in life.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm having the same issue in both browsers as well. It simply will not allow me to remain logged in, so I cannot post there.

Shame, really.
Yes, it shouldn't have to be this way. Ever since this issue has occurred it's clear to me that the amount of engagement over there has decreased significantly and the quality of discussion has also taken a turn downward.

Hey there @Merlin - just wondering if you tried clearing your browser cache? Also Edge and Chrome use the same webkit so they're virtually the same, but if you've never logged into uo.com on either browser then it should work. If you've logged into uo.com historically on either both browsers, then there might be caching issues on both.
Thanks Sibble. I believe I tried this route at some point in the year when this first started occurring to no avail, but I will give it another shot on my home computer to see if it resolves any issue. I have seen some people say that it works.

They have announced the fix is to use another browser until Chrome fixes the issue on its end, which she has no control over.

You sure need a lit of hand holding in life.
I understand I am the one who touched on the topic of the UO Forum not working correctly, but please take the personal pissing war to PMs.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wiped out the cache on BOTH Google and Edge and now stay logged in. I had wiped out just Edge and it was still doing it. But with both of them fresh, it works fine. Now I'll just see how long that stays the case.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have to change browsers or have trouble with any other site besides the UO forum it's a them problem that Mesanna is to incompetent to get fixed
How can it be a them problem when it does not affect others using the same browser. Sounds more like a setting problem on the user end.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm using Google Chrome and I can stay logged in for over 24 hours. I did have the issue of being kicked out way back when this started but for months now I haven't had the issue. I did not take any steps to try and fix it myself, it just stopped kicking me out. I don't think the problem is quite so simple as Kyronix saying 'it's Chrome, it's nothing to do with the website' otherwise everyone with Chrome would be getting the same thing. As for the Town Crier it's a nice idea but maybe it could be a bit more useful or informative.

Onixia The Paladin

Journeyman
Governor
Our event did not make this edition so will post it here. Haunted House player event on Origin organized by NPH Guild. Doors open Friday, October 27th @9pm est. Gates will be available from Luna and Britain. Lots of rooms to see. Surprises around every corner. Tri k or treat stations. Even a teleporter that takes you to our fel haunted pvp house, for some fun pvp action.

received_1085935979435021.jpeg

Last edited:

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope this "Issue #1" will go forward for quite a while and not become another attempt at community outreach that mysteriously stops at some point or another without explanation. Fingers crossed.
This will 100% happen.

No news in the first edition, just some random bull ****. Starting off with a bang!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wiped out the cache on BOTH Google and Edge and now stay logged in. I had wiped out just Edge and it was still doing it. But with both of them fresh, it works fine. Now I'll just see how long that stays the case.
Very interesting, learn something new every day - I looked up if Chrome and Edge share logins/cookies, apparently there is a feature that imports browsing data

Open edge and browse to this url: edge://settings/profiles/importBrowsingData
"Import browsing data at each browser launch" - Edit Preferences, check if it's on or off

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those with a browser issue, I confirmed it's not you...

Some cookies are marked with domain 'forum-login.uo.com' which doesn't exist - this is just an error in configuration that needs to be updated. This is what *may* be causing the error.

I find it strange that I'm able to bypass this bug by using Firefox.

I posted on their bugs forum.