• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) First Annual NOOB Spring Hunt! ** April 22nd, 3pm EST **

Should the 'easter eggs' be blessed runebooks, or normal sealed books?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Come one, come all, to the first of what I hope to be many seasonal themed hunts hosted by the NOOBs of Siege Perilous!

An undisclosed number of books shall be crafted, and scattered to the winds within a certain area. At that point, four gates will be opened (and held open) to the far corners of the hunting area. Searchers have the remainder of the decay time to find as many books as they can and return them. The books are to be individually dropped - books in a container will be disqualified - in mailboxes set up for the occasion, so that each sender is clearly listed.

* The gathering is to start at the fountain near the docks in New Magincia. The mailboxes will be secured at Baby Doll's award-winning house near by.

* Each dyed book is labeled with a number. Inside, a prize is listed. Color, number, and prize must match a list that NOOB will have on file.

* The prize shown is awarded to the person who turns in the book. These shall range from brightly colored eggs, peeps, candy, and spring themed deco.

* Grand Prize of A Basket of Herbs (from spring decor token) is awarded to whomever turns in the most books. 2nd prize is 1m, 3rd is 500k.

The poll posted here shall determine if the 'Easter eggs' are normal books, or blessed runebooks.

POLL RESULTS: UNBESSED!

Since the grand prizes go the name with the most books in the mailboxes, teams must select one of their members to be the turn in character. If one is clever, there are several strategies that would allow a team or an individual to deliver books to the mailboxes.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe the blessing or not depend of how many bloody books you will have back. I would say, let the current NOOB members make the choice, bloody fights or not :)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well the event is for the entire shard. I honestly do feel there is merit to both ways, and have no true opinion. I will be happy whatever way the poll turns out. Either way, there will be plenty of blood. Even so, however, players will be able to get books to the mailboxes. The real challenge will be in getting TO the books. But they will be scattered, so...

If this all goes well, I want to do something similar for each season.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Is the answer to the poll for it to be a mix of both with 3 points for the regular book and 1 point for the blessed runebook (or something like that)? Although, if the book stayed with the person after getting PKed, would they get res killed to keep them from turning in the book(s) that they have? At least if they're regular books, the PK would loot the books and move on.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I could make it half and half, but each book would still count as 1 turn-in.

NOOB (or the EM/PEC) will he keeping the 4 gates open, with rezzes in NM for everyone, but I do expect the gates to be camped. Teams with a mage might want to mark their own runes after they get there :) If the book is blessed (siege blessed or runebook, depending how the poll turns out) they can still turn it in after they get rezzed back in NM.

So far, 6 votes for unblessed books, 4 votes to bless em!

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was told anything a PEC sets up, such as a mailbox, will be open to anyone. I think asking a house holder for help with the mailbox would be a good idea if there is one who wouldn't mind doing that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Young Travelers in could be a place for the Mailbox, only my chars are co-owner and Red Rose are going to make you co-owner there. Only books placed of the house owner will not get a sender name, so if you place mailbox and set setting to owner only, I can join the fun on Freja and books I drop will get a sender name too.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update on location!

The event will be held at the fountain with the large statue, down by the docks in New Magincia. It has 4 invulnerable healers to assist with rezzes, and 4 corners perfect for the gates. The mailboxes will be stationed at Baby Doll's house, right nearby.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well, I'ma lil late getting back to this - but better late than never, I say.

Poll closed with Siege voting for un-blessed quest items! Thanks to those who voted.

It will most likely be mid April (after Easter) but an exact date has not been set as I am still co-coordinating with our PEC and EM. I will update the original post and thread title when I have more info for you.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wonderful Event Tanager ! Very very fun !
Some pics as records:

The begin:
Noobevents5.png

While all partecipants were busy looking for books we tried to find the perfect sweet half for spyder with no luck:

Noobevents4.png

Then we found his perfect half: (no luck again !)

Noobevents3.png

We tried again with no luck !!!

Noobevents2.png

And there wasn't an Happy Ending !! :( :( :(

Noobevents1.png