• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fireflies & Frogs...

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As Queen Arya approaches Dr Hawks residence she notices how quiet his estate seemed to be for such a busy physician as he is.
I cant leave these toads in his home and wonders if they will live long enough to track down the Doctors where abouts.
(As you recall we last left Jhelom with seemingly Ill toads found in the city)

Ah thats right it was elections and he was mostly likely to be found helping Yosef at the great mines in Minoc.

That is exactly where I found him, putting ointments on scraps and bandaging head wounds, what could have caused so many injuries.

Yosef, whats going here? Why so many people injured? I am trying to get some strange looking toads to the doctor to check on.

Seems the flood we had last week in the mines weakened the area, causing the north end of the mines to collapse, it couldnt be predicted that the water would have caused this much damage, Yosef muttered while wiping the ore dust from his trousers and the sweat from his forehead.

The Doc is just about finishing up and take those ugly sick toads out of this area, Minoc doesnt need any more headaches.

Doctor Hawk, noticing my approach looks up with sort of a half smile and something else I couldnt read from his expression.

Toads, you have toads for me to examine Lady Arya? Wonders how he could know that information already.

Lets go to the out skirts of the area, the last tent there, I have something to show you.

As we enter the tent Queen Arya couldnt help but notice a strange smell permeating from the tent. Gah Doctor what is that I am smelling?

I have already dissected a few toads and wanted you see the contents of their stomachs, and that smell is a cross between the toads and my diner thats gone bad.

Where did these toads come from? Have they appeared here in Minoc also? O my not from the mines? The floods caused them to appear?

Affraid not Arya, the toads caused the flood. Let me show you why I am certain of my assumption.

You see the contents here of the toads stomachs, they are fireflies. Not the normal fireflies you see when the sun is setting, much larger and brighter bugs.

Yosef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A team of Minoc's finest geologists and ecologist conducted an environmental and risk assessment within the mines. The results showed that these "toads" did not cause the flooding within the mines. It was found that the flood started the formation for a moist ecosystem. Due to the nature of "toads" this made an ideal habitat for them.

At this moment, proper procedures are being taken to stabilize the mine walls and inverse the moist ecosystem

Yosef The Miner
Governor Of Minoc
Minoc Mines, Atlas Mining Company

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am thinking we need a meeting of all Governors. I have found a rare vine that has been at every site where these Toads, Frogs and Large Fireflies have been spotted.

Next report will be sent to the king.

Added update: Firefies, Frogs, toads and Vines have been spotted in several additional towns.
Have to make contact with Khaleesi and Quacklebush about the fish in the Vesper area
Specimens to the Lycaeum needed

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello Queen,

The next two days I am pretty sure I will not be available in game: (hubby's Christmas party tonight and family flying in tomorrow). Any night after that other than Friday night (Vesper's Town Meeting) would be great. The holidays are approaching fast!! Let me know what works for everyone.

Thank you,
Khaleesi

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Queen Arya, I just came across this post and had some constructive criticism to offer. I am glad to see your increased involvement in role-playing, but if you are writing a story about an event that didn't actually occur in-game, and it features other people's characters, it's very bad form to do so without first obtaining their express permission. Think about how you might feel if someone else wrote a story about Queen Arya doing or saying something without asking you first.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Queen Arya, I just came across this post and had some constructive criticism to offer. I am glad to see your increased involvement in role-playing, but if you are writing a story about an event that didn't actually occur in-game, and it features other people's characters, it's very bad form to do so without first obtaining their express permission. Think about how you might feel if someone else wrote a story about Queen Arya doing or saying something without asking you first.
Ouch!
First I took a day to absorb this before posting a reply, hoping I could see it in a different light, and maybe someone would have posted a rebuke (let me check again) nope I only see a like posted to your comment!
I never realized this post in the manner in which you stated, I was looking for a way to fit in this new governorship system., So I immediately ICQ Yosef (Dr Hawk) and sent off an apology. I assumed because I had visited Dr Hawk with a specimen, that he would extend a sort of invitation to maybe include my event and I would continue on to the remaining governors.
Second, I didnt know there was a role play hierarchy upon which a stamp of approval was needed. (you know the part where you state your glad to see my increased involvment in RP)

Yes sir, now I just need to know who you are in game and I will take up my Jhelom sidewalks and my feeble attempt at giving this governorship RP a shot and hop on back to Toad Town and crawl under a rock and watch how other towns are getting tremendous responses and take notes

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
yoos doin fine job queeny. ewes lub yoos. don't listen to himz

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch!
First I took a day to absorb this before posting a reply, hoping I could see it in a different light, and maybe someone would have posted a rebuke (let me check again) nope I only see a like posted to your comment!
I never realized this post in the manner in which you stated, I was looking for a way to fit in this new governorship system., So I immediately ICQ Yosef (Dr Hawk) and sent off an apology. I assumed because I had visited Dr Hawk with a specimen, that he would extend a sort of invitation to maybe include my event and I would continue on to the remaining governors.
Second, I didnt know there was a role play hierarchy upon which a stamp of approval was needed. (you know the part where you state your glad to see my increased involvment in RP)

Yes sir, now I just need to know who you are in game and I will take up my Jhelom sidewalks and my feeble attempt at giving this governorship RP a shot and hop on back to Toad Town and crawl under a rock and watch how other towns are getting tremendous responses and take notes
Good, I'm glad you apologized to Dr. Hawk and saw what you did wrong. Hopefully in the future you'll contact someone prior to using their character in that manner.

As for the rest of your comment, that's not what I meant but if it makes you feel better than go ahead and turn it into that. I'm clearly just an elitist RP bully picking on you :)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yoos doin fine job queeny. ewes lub yoos. don't listen to himz
First of all, I never said she was doing a bad job.

Second of all, do you really think that it was right for her to write a story where another person's character says or does things without their permission? If you do, that's your choice, but if you don't, is it really necessary to outright dismiss the entirety of what I said? How would you feel if someone wrote a story about how your goblin went around handing out poisoned ice cream cones to little children and then tried to integrate that as part of this RP tapestry that we're all creating together. I'm betting you wouldn't like it.

Third of all, if everyone was happy with what she did, there would be no problem.

Fourth of all, please keep in mind I'm responding as a player, and not a character. I only state this because you seem to be posting in response to my message as your character and I want to make it clear that this is not a discussion that any of my characters have any knowledge of or interest in.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ozog, its all good he admitted hes an elitist RP bully and you pee'd on his foot, that made my day!

I imagine it will take like 3 terms as governor to get emails returned or story arcs to come about. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Queen, asking someone for permission to use a character they created and put time and effort into bringing to life is merely common courtesy. So is asking to work with them on a story. Suddenly adding to a story someone else is working on, not only without asking permission, but contradicting something they wrote to suit your needs is, frankly, a little rude.

In regards to your comment about a roleplay hierarchy and 'needing a stamp of approval', you entirely missed the intended meaning of what Judas said. It was meant as being glad that more people are taking an interest in RP in general, and helping to enrich the game experience, not as you needing our approval. People can RP as much or as little as they'd like, but it just makes us happy to see more people giving it a try.

Ozog, its all good he admitted hes an elitist RP bully and you pee'd on his foot, that made my day!
And I think you missed the intended meaning behind that one too...

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stares at posts in awe......

I believe everyone is missing my point.

Lets try one last time...... I was trying to find a place to fit in. I never realized the post was taken in this light until Judas brought it to my attention. I did however immediately ICQ Dr Hawk (Yosef) and appologized.

I do believe however there is no reason to further ridicule me on a mistake. PERIOD

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets try one last time...... I was trying to find a place to fit in. I never realized the post was taken in this light until Judas brought it to my attention. I did however immediately ICQ Dr Hawk (Yosef) and appologized.
And if you had left it at that, I don't think anyone would have "ridiculed" you as you put it. But don't act like you didn't accuse me of being part of some elitist RP hierarchy who was trying to bully you. If your point was simply to apologize, then you shouldn't have turned it into someone else. You're not in any way, shape, or form a victim here.

That being said (and I mean this sincerely) I do think it's cool that you are trying to create things and get involved with things other people are creating. I think it's great to see people doing that. And since you have stated that moving forward, your approach will be different, I think the initial point of contention is settled.

But that being said, if you do continue playing the victim card, I imagine people will continue to respond.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
your opinion to herz could habe been PM not out on open. it was embarssing fer herz. you may habe lost someone who is tryoing to break into rp!!!
meees done wif dis thread

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your opinion to herz could habe been PM not out on open. it was embarssing fer herz. you may habe lost someone who is tryoing to break into rp!!! meees done wif dis thread
I almost want to respond further, but I'm scared you'll pee on my other foot.