• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Rabbits

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been killing these on and off all day prolly slayed about 40 - 50 in total and not got this ingrediant.

Anyone else had any luck?

I dont have to get a quest or anything do i?

cheers

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, no quest. I killed them, but didn't keep track of how many. There were 2 of us there and we just kept killing them together till both of us had the prize. (or actually I got a 2nd one and gave it to the other person there). We were not together, or partied. Just a casual agreement to work together when we met up there.

I was using my warrior with a radiant scimitar, enemy of one and consecrate.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally :p Got one after killing around 20 this morning! :p

Escaflowne fire rabbits are spawning at the top of Mt Shoo i think thats its name the volcano in tokuno. They drop a pheromone which is an ingrediant to make the hitching post :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New in this publish fire rabbits spawn at the volcano, Mt Sho. They behave very like vorpal bunnies, ie run around manically and burrow into the ground if you're too slow.

I did quite well fighting them with Petra, keeping them in range by constant clicking on their life bar. They drop a flask of red liquid 'animal pheremone'. When I realised what else I needed to make the post I gave up though. I've no idea how to kill red death and Terry went and handed all his phillips steeds in for spring cleaning.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Petra, for me all this info on hitching posts is fairly new, red a bit yesterday in UHall but only the same things like here abt the ingredient on the fire rabbits and their whereabouts. Where was this info? Not in the Pub 57 list was it? (Ah, just checked, and completely overlooked new craftable info before. But how did ppl hear abt the fire rabbits and the ingredients? The notes just mention the posts and bookshelves have been added...)

Anyway, Red death aint all that hard, just bring 1 tamer with a draggie and 1 mage, mage can lure Red Death to Bedlam entrance and be invised, then draggie is perfect tank while mage blasts corp pors on red death. He is down in seconds, with his poor energy resists. (Could also work with EVs perhaps but he is a good mage so might dispel easily?) (Using a Cu Sidhe should also work looking at Red Deaths poor cold and energy resists, but haven't tried yet.)

And Phillips wooden steeds... shouldn't take long for ppl to throw these out again? :eek:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ingredients required I got from the crafting menu. Tinkering under 'assemblies' and carpentry under 'containers' for the book case. No idea where the original info on the rabbit came from, I picked it up off the boards.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, shout me on icq, I've got a few steeds kicking about and you're welcome to a couple of em :)

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there was i thinking red death was the easy part :p its the ropes that are worst.

i got my hitching post and am very please with it hehe :p Im guessng hitching rope recharges it.

M

Melissa Rohan

Easiest way for me was to stick a pet on them, i just used a greater and said guard me and wait for it to attack you. Got one on my 4th or 5th attempt. Theres still some steeds , bridles and ropes in various shops available (prices between 10k and 250k for a wooden steed! ). On that point, anyone noticed the drop in Ilshenar arties lately? Killed dozenss at champ spawns the last few days and just had one arty drop. My bad luck or a change in their drop rate as well now?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I shall be boycotting UO until it ceases this virulent anti-lapine behaviour.

:mad:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fluffi! I have a pink rabbit for you whenever you want it!!! And it is half trained now, too.