• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Beetle not doing damage?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the standard fire beetle on my miner, nothing out of the ordinary, which I also use to kill leather bearing beasts as I wander around mining. Noticed yesterday that he was only doing 1 damage per hit to a cow. I thought that was odd so I popped in my tamer on another account to lore him, nothing out of the usual there but I figured maybe he needed to be trained up some. And with perfect timing a wandering troll attacked him. So for about an hour I watched as my beetle did 1 damage per hit, healed him up, kept him alive. Checked again and his stats are currently:

Wrestling - 65.2
Tactics - 56.8
Resist - 38.7
Anatomy - 76.4

And still only doing 1 damage per, actually just died from a dire wolf while I was typing this. Corpser, 1 damage, troll, 1 damage, hind, 1 damage...
Has something changed? By no means has the bug ever been a power house but he's always been able to help gather leather and take down the occasional troll in the past.
Character hasn't changed, pretty much your mule with 0 in the animal arts. Did something change requiring animal skills on the character in order for the pet to be useful? Or is my bug bugged?

Any help with this one?