• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Beetle Build

Turkish

Journeyman
So I tamed my first Fire Beetle today, and it came out over 93% on the intensity scale. I'm not sure if this is rare, or if they are all high on the scale, but I'm curious if you all have built any Fire Beetles that were fun to use. I mostly do spawns, or peerless type gaming. It would be cool to have a strong pet that can haul off my loot.

Here is my beetle : Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

What have you all done? What should I stay away from?

Turkish

Journeyman
Ah! I just assumed but never checked. Oh well, my question remains the same but with a little less excitement.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Ah! I just assumed but never checked. Oh well, my question remains the same but with a little less excitement.
Unlike most pets, all fire beetles spawn with the same stats except they have 70-75% fire resist. 75% is best.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep going on the planner and build the pet. Then save it and post.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Yeah, giant and fire beetles both make great pets. Recommend armor ignore, rune corruption, and poison for both of them. Giant beetles can also haul stuff, miners can smelt ore on fire beetles, they're basically a portable forge. Both make great fighters when fully trained up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about Armor Pierce instead of AI, so : AP, RC, Poison spec..Is that ok also? Ty..
I have an AP/Chiv Cu. The 10% damage bonus does not happen enough. AP does not ruin the pet but AI does more damage over time. The AP/Chiv Cu has been the main pet my Archer uses. I found a good Black Cu and built it so he can take Red AP or black AI Chiv Cu depending on what color dog he wants to take.

I did tests on Balrons and Para Balrons with dogs that only had AP or AI. The times were too close to see a difference.

Just noticed the same toon has a AP/Mystic Hiryu. Guess I dumped the AP pets on him.

Last edited: