• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!!

• Thread starter Tovladian Soltyr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Tovladian Soltyr

Welp it's finally happen, I got an orientation today at 1PM EST at the Temp agency that I app'ed for the other day and I showed up for my first day of work at the factory they are placing me at 3PM EST yesterday.

CONS:

1. It's 2nd shift (YUCK I hate 2nd shift).

2. I won't have much of a gaming life with being on 2nd shift cause I'll be at work during the prime time of well every shard/sever game I play on .

3. It's only paying 8.75/hr, Was really hoping to find something in the 10/hr range.

4. Less Time to spend with Darri and the kids :(

PROS:

1. It's right here in town about 3-5 miles from my house so if I have to I can walk it. Being 2nd shift I can see this happening a lot due to conflicting schedule and only having 1 vehicle. So I guess that one is part pro part con.

2. Get a $20 per week attendance bonus on top of the pay rate.

3. Though my gaming life will hurt as far as playability, I will actually be able to keep accounts open.

4. A lot of stress will be lifted from a few people with me having a job again (My mother, My GF's Mother, My GF, The Eldest Daughter, and Myself to name a few).

5. I won't have a feeling of boredom anymore with something to do now. I go stir crazy when I don't have a job, been working since I was legally allowed to if you don't include doing yard work and such around town.

6. Bills will start getting their entire balances paid instead of just past dues lol.

7. I'll stop feeling like a lazy bum mootching off of my GF mother to pay all our bills, true she was paying them FOR my GF but me living with my GF and not contributing made me feel like such a jackass .

8. Can stop stressing if I'm going to be able to get things for the kids for Xmas/Yuletide. (Kids still technically celebrate Xmas but one year we'll actually celebrate my holiday which after we do I think they'll hate Xmas, cause yeah the Jews may celebrate 8 days but the Vikings celebrate 12 and you get 1 gift on the first day, 2 gifts on the 2nd, 3 on the 3rd, well you get the point . Where do you think they stole the 12 days of "Christmas" song from .)

Well you guys get the point the pros are more then the cons so I'm biting the bullet of working the shift I hate.

D

Dakotawinds

Congrats on the job !!!! Wish you all the best in the world.

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i put him to work... altho i wouldnt call street corners a "factory"
:lick:
miss u and dari :heart:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tov, get another job ..... I wanna see who else you can pull back here :)

hiya Tyrath! :D

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AWESOME TOV!! reminds me of a country song...

That's something to be proud of,
That's a life you can hang your hat on,
you don't need to make a million just be thankful to be workin,
and if you're doin what you're able,
Puttin food there on the table,
And providing for the family that you love,
That's something to be proud of

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations brother. I told you you'd land in something. Time to have a party to celebrate.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
congrats.

ah jobs, they're nice while they last.

(my company's stock is now down 99.9% since when I was hired and the death roll of cancelled meetings and projects has started)

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Thanks everyone, The company I'm working for is called YUSA and they make a lot of different car parts a good number of them Universal parts like the Rubber hoses and such that go into cars. So that's the only reason they are really able to keep a good amount of people employed.

I like it so far, it's a really laid back company...it's not like Europe factory laid back, they don't have a Keg in the break room like over there :p. But they have a fully staffed Cafeteria and it's pretty cool, you can get like enough food to make 2 full restaurant value meals for 2-3 bucks cause the company covers the cost of 1/2 of all the food. They don't care when you take your 2 breaks, both 30 minutes 1 is paid the other isn't. It seems like a really good company to work for, was told that if/once I get full time I couldn't ask for better job security. In the 23 years that the company has been in my town they have never done pay cuts/layoffs to there full time employees. Now temps that's a different story so I'm not 100% safe as of yet lol.

Anyway after things start getting more in order here at the homested expect to see more of Darri and I in game :D.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told ya buddy that I would have paid you 13an hour working my corner, but you had to go and cut off all that hair.

But good you found a job sir. I found one in Vegas as a bartender. Whoa, is that good money!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tov, get another job ..... I wanna see who else you can pull back here :)

hiya Tyrath! :D

HI Tov did pull me back sort of I had been missing my friends here and the game I have been playing lacks any real community. So I fired up the 4 accts I kept and am back on legends. hehe you can figure out where my houses are. anyway enough thread jacking.

B

Bullet

No job is too small as long as you make the best of it. Better to be employed at a low paying job than to have no job at all and could also open doors to better jobs if you apply yourself. Congrats and good luck!