• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally Broke My UO Addiction

M

Michael Wolf

Well folks I finally found a game that has taken my interest away from UO. I haven't logged on to UO once since claiming my x-mas gifts. That would be directly related to getting Dragon Age Origins for a RL x-mas gift. Unfortunately it's a stand alone so I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing anyone in game... But if you want to try a great game and don't mind not having to deal with other players, check it out.

I'm seriously considering closing down 2 of my accounts and just cramming everything into my castle in case I ever decide to come back to UO. No point in paying for accounts I haven't used in who knows how long. So if anyone is interested in a couple of nice 18x18 plots over by the Justice shrine on Tram let me know and I'll transfer them for sign value. I know a few people have liked the designs so just speak up if you want them before I take them down. It will take me few weeks so don't rush. There are only 2 houses and a Keep south of the Justice shrine so they shouldn't be hard to find, the houses are mine, not the keep.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Michael,

It's so very good to hear from you, even if it's to announce why you've not been around. Over the years, you've given a lot to UO in general, and more than that to Origin. You mean a lot to us, so please drop in and say hi on a regular basis!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't do anything too hasty like selling off everything. Those console games with actual endings do get boring. I didn't touch UO for over a month after Assassins creed 2 came out.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep I agree with Sun, keep everything that you possibly can. I thought I had broken the Addiction myself, but as we can all see, I came back worse than ever. (I think the real problem was I never quit reading stratics lol)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*agrees with Michael* Dragon Age has been amazing when i've had time to play it on the PC.

I've given heavy consideration to closing some accounts...one of mine is definitely closing, just not the rest yet. I'm still too addicted to decorating and pixels. :)

D

Dreamweaver68

everyone comes back......dont they? I've quit for a while and come back many times, the only one i regret is when i sold an account! Dont be so hasty.