• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting and salvage bags

G

I thought the other night as I opened my umpteenth corpse and found nothing that I wanted to keep that maybe I should be salvaging the items. That way I would at the least have some resources to show for my efforts. I wondered if anyone else used a salvage bag as they fought?

I

imported_xStrikerx

I dont, the additional time to move the items to the bag plus the extra weight (more bank trips) isnt worth it. Plus, you would need a forge for the metal items. If I need regular leather, I'll take my mage and cast earthquake at the Jhelom farm. I get plenty of iron from mining also.

G

A bad idea after making the post and thinking about the weight issue and the forge. Just one of many bad ideas. lol

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i take empty bods with me for the more common items and add them to bod as i go when there full my smith turns them in they are blessed and way 1 stone so 4 or 5 of these is no big deal to carry

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can also carry a a bod book with many bods in it but i find about 5 is a good number or you spend more time droping them in and out of the book

M

mysticvermin

Smelting loot is the fastest way to get iron ingots. I can get several thousand ingots in a good hunting session. I keep 10 salvage bags in the house. When I'm out hunting and I get to weight I just recall back, drop the bag in a box, drop gold, grab a new bag and I'm back hunting. Mining just seems tediously slow now for getting iron in comparison.

G

depends on how much you want to do bods,

you can fill many normal bods this way.

any normal iron weapons
any normal footwear
any normal leather armor

I have filled about 100 just from moonglow event, the amount of items that the shadowlords/beserking deamons carry is crazy. Even if I do not get initial looting rights many people do not/will not go through all the items. Found a few nice rings this way.