• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(fiction) Twitterpated Season

G

( note: apologies for any mis-characterizations in the spirit of jotting down this quick little snippit of seasonal fun
)

The thick planks of the bridge were not yet polished down by boots and still radiated the sweet smell of sawdust. Not wanting blemish the fresh craftsmanship with claw marks of an ostard, Lord Maplestone dismounted from Hopscotch and gently instructed the faithful creature not to eat the freshly booming flowerbeds around the benches of the garden. It lowered its head in a puppydoggish betrayal of the guilty thoughts it had been thinking.

With a hand brushing along atop the railing, Maplestone walked out across the fresh bridge across the front of the Yew waterfall. The flowing waters sparkled and misted, but the sound from all the cascading waters was surprisingly soft and melodic. Pausing halfway across, Maplestone turned to watch the falling waters and listen to their peaceful melody, reminding him of quiet, happy times long ago and far away.

As if in answer to his sigh, there came the sound of light footsteps and gentle vibrations of another traveler crossing the bridge. Maplestone turned to ensure he wasn't in the way and was met by the smile of a young yet silver-haired lady dressed head to toe in snow-white cloth and leather, the enchanted strands shielding her from harm while revealing much of the alluring shape beneath. Walking with catlike grace, she radiated with the power of elven magic and the peaceful confidence of one who could only have lived a life of performed heroic deeds of glorious good. Her penetrating eyes could make a unicorn blush, he thought to himself.

Maplestone bowed deeply with a respectful wave of his prosperous blades, glorious lord to glorious lady and she responded with a smile and a nod, pausing for a minute to enjoy the enchanting waterfall too. He introduced himself and she, the Lady Blesh Terra introduced herself in turn and listened politely as Maplestone began to babble about everything from the politics of recent events to the finer hues of stuffy dwagons. After she had indulged him for a time she mentioned, with favor, having read some of his recent works that were making the rounds of the Britannia Library. This provoked Maplestone to dive into the pockets of his pack and dig out a fine stiff card of rigid parchment, bleached to a paleness which almost matched her attire. Hastily he scrawled a Valentine's greeting up it. She accepted with a smile and bid him stay a moment while, with a flick of her shoulder-length tied-back hair, she sprinted to her mount's pack and back. She then presented Maplestone with a card of identical material, signed with a playful sentiment. With a few more polite words between them, she then heard the call of duty and was forced to take her leave, leaving Maplestone alone once more before the twinkling falls.

"Well there's something you don't see every day", stated Tempest, watching as Maplestone spun around in the back corner of Lord Woodwalker's tiny cottage retreat on the edge of the moongate clearing. "Should I tell him the poetry books aren't here? We dropped them off in the study back home. By the way, are we ever going to get around to cleaning that place up, its starting to look like a dusty warehouse?"

"You don't suppose he realizes why she was there?", asked Lord Salthook, as the whole high council watched Maplestone's antics. Noticing the confused looks from the two elves, he added "Pariah? The whole of the Northern towns are talking about him. He raced around Britannia high and low, defeated a hundred challengers and braving who knows what all else to win her the prize rose of all the kingdom. Magnificent fellow I hear."

"Can I tell him?", asked Tempest playfully with a broad smile, causing Lord Woodwalker to look up from his desk with a shocked face. "Oh come on, he's going to have to snap out of it sooner or later. The least we can do is be there when it happens."

"No", snapped Lord Sergonar, who had been standing stone-faced watching the antics . "Leave him be, the boy will come to his senses by the morning. Besides, it's good to see the him like this for once."

G

:::wishes she'd been in Blesh's shoes:::::

Where's my valentine?

I

imported_blesh

::blushes deeply::

Wow, Thank you Maplestone. Wonderfull story

G

It's true, we love gentlemen, and they are so few and far between these days.

I

imported_blesh

<blockquote><hr>

pfft women and there "gentelmen"

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Orcsmasher, what in the world would you know about gentlemen?

P.S. I still kiss no elves. At least not when your looking! ::grins::

T

Tamed Cerebes

Oh we are around. We just choose to stay in the shadows. Isnt that right Brother Kulder?

S

Sorcon Gartius

Come on Omnicron, you've done stumbled into another Roleplaying Thread

::Leads Omnicron back to the Land of UberLewtzPwnage::

G

Thanks Sorc. Its still in my system after all these years....

*follows sorc to a leetpvppwnzerizing thread*

G

*whispers One land One King just loud enough for Omnicron to hear*

G

Oh I see, so the Gentlemen stay in the shadows, leaving us poor women here surrounded by wild beasts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where's my valentine?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know where he might be ... but perhaps people who are interested in exchanging belated cards might go to the Yew Waterfalls bridge &amp; garden around 8pm? (EST)

G

I have four kids and I aint senile yet Omni about 5 or 6 years ago right after the Avernian wars (One land One King the aftermath)

S

Sorcon Gartius

I participated in the Avernian War....I murdered them all as the mighty Axe Murderer!

I

imported_MageCruella

Thats great! Sorry I missed the valentine exchange.

G

Thank you for the valentine and the conversation. It is nice to see there are some gentlemen left in the world.

G

*Watches Maplestone queitly from the shadows and with his best Kwai Chang Caine impression* Ahh grashopper I have trained you well

G

Kul, you make me want to RP again....those were the fun days lol. The Avernian wars were great. I remember the Avernians got mad cause I "expanded my army with pvprs" I said as long as they stay in character I dont see the problem. Then you avernians got your butts handed to you..

then there was that one land one king fiasco...lolz

G

(Then you avernians got your butts handed to you..) wasnt with the Avernians bro me and Tanishalfelven were with the loyalist or what ever we called ourselves

G

Heh thats right. The loyalist to the crown. We drove the avernians nuts.