• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Fencing Archer PvP Template

O

Omega9

I believe there is a gimp pvp template that uses both Archery and Fencing. Anyone know what it is exactly?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that the template uses both archery and fencing.

Support skills for archery and fencing are tactics, anatomy and sometimes healing.

Support skills for fencing are the same.

Defensive (healing) skills are healing and resisting spells.

At this point, you have some skill points (usually 60-100) for an extra skill, such as chivalry, meditation, focus (HAR!), alchemy, spellweaving, bushido, ninjitsu or um... whatever.

Actual values may vary according to what is effective for your style.

These templates are very effective, but I wouldn't exactly call it gimp, unless my "main" was a mage with a mage-weapon and no alternative methods of defense.

O

Omega9

Temp I'm looking at is
120 Archery
120 Fencing
120 Resist
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
60 Chivalry (plus 15 on ring)
That's 710 total which is all I have.

For weapons I figure Warfork for Disarm/Bleed and Comp Bow for AI/ Moving Shot.
I have a 120 Imbuer - what would be best to imbue on each weapon - I'm pretty much a noob at pvp.
Also what should I look for in a suit and which arties are best to build it around?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can help you with the suit and with bows. Will you be factions or non?

You will also need a heavy-x for dismounts.

Composite:

Swing Speed 40 (30 imbued then enhanced with ash)
Damage Increase 1
Balanced
Hit Lightening 50
Hit Velocity 38 (or hit lower defence)

Heavy-X

I multi-purpose my heavy X but here it is:

Swing Speed 40
Balanced
Damage Increase 36
Hit Lightening 10
Velocity 50

However, you would likely want to lower DI and raise Hit Lightening.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
A buddy of mine uses this one:

100 Archery (120 with the hunter headdress one)
120 fencing
120 tactics
120 resist
100 anat
90 healing
70 med

O

Omega9

I’ll be going non faction.

The weapons and suit are no problem. I have a mule with 120 Blacksmith, 120 Tailoring, 100 Arms Lore, 100 Tinkering, 100 Bowcraft/Fletching and 100 Carpentry, plus a garg with 120 Imbuing, so I can pretty much make anything I need.

What I want to know is what are the best set of mods to put on the suit and jewels.

After I get the all 70s Resists (someone mentioned that I should aim at 85 Fire to counter getting Corpse Skinned). The only Arty I will be using on the suit are Mace & Shield Glasses, the rest will be imbued leather. After this I figure:
40 LMC
12 MR
Then there is HCI, do I need DCI?, HPI, MI, SI ... I’m already confused ...

On the jewels I’m looking at:

Ring & Bracelet
1 FC
3 FCR
15 Chivalry
13 HCI
rest in either Int or Dex

If any of you have any better ideas I’m all ears.

TY for the advice so far.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 45 hci and 70 dci (45 minimum if you can't swing 70)

DCI can be obtained via the following methods:

Conjurer's Garb = 2 MR and 5 DCI
Folded Steel Reading Glasses = 15 DCI (25 for faction)
Fay Leggings = 20 DCI
Quiver of Infinity = 5 DCI
Heart of the Lion = 15 DCI

15 DCI for ring/brace.

The above items may or may not fit in to your suit, they are just suggestions.

Unless you are going to commit to a full 4/6 chiv template I wouldn't bother with fc/fcr on your ring/brace.

My dexxer pvp templates are faction so I usually use the faction Ring of the Vile. But the bracelet usually has LMC, DCI, DI and stats (or a skill bonus if the template needs it).

Oh and I suck at PvP so only follow my advice if you enjoy collecting death robes.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casting Jewels

fc 1
fcr 3
hci 15
dci 15

500 even property points

Di will have to come from Wep and Talisman, maybe worn items like storm grip.

J

[JD]

my impression is that on heavy, comp, and magical shortbow you want hit fireball for the interrupt. on a regular bow you go lightning so it doesn't interrupt the para shot.

bow should be something like:
di 1
hit spell 50
balance
ssi 40 (enhanced)
velocity

not sure if im remembering this correctly...

also has anyone tried the archer+melee template with swords instead of fencing?

B

Busters

my impression is that on heavy, comp, and magical shortbow you want hit fireball for the interrupt. on a regular bow you go lightning so it doesn't interrupt the para shot.

bow should be something like:
di 1
hit spell 50
balance
ssi 40 (enhanced)
velocity

not sure if im remembering this correctly...

also has anyone tried the archer+melee template with swords instead of fencing?
You can use swords, but really is pointless because the only reason people use fencing is because the war fork has bleed and disarm on it, and no sword wep has both. Just keep it basic. There are several ways you can do it, but unlike any other posts, i always use ninja for the animal form, because a dismounted archer with a dead horse is not gonna last long on foot. Also resist is up to the person using the template. It depends on the shard wheather i use resist or not.

N

NickyDishes

chiv is pointless unless your 4/6 its a waste of points for pvp......70 med isnt gonna do that much....your better off putting the 70 skill points elsewhere and putting MR on your suit

B

Busters

chiv is pointless unless your 4/6 its a waste of points for pvp......70 med isnt gonna do that much....your better off putting the 70 skill points elsewhere and putting MR on your suit

Chiv is no waste at all. when you consecrate wep and are doing running shots, you can tear someone apart. Also to throw a quick cure on your pet is also helpful.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chiv is no waste at all. when you consecrate wep and are doing running shots, you can tear someone apart. Also to throw a quick cure on your pet is also helpful.
I am not sure if consecrate weapon was every useful in PvP but now especially with imbuing everyone's resists are pretty even at close to 70. Even if fighting with a necro people who pvp generally have corpse proof suits. With the new magic reflection changes it might be better to leave the damage at physical with their physical resist cap being dropped by 10.

Curing your mount though...yeah that is useful.

J

[JD]

So I don't wanna derail the thread, but since this is more pvp oriented maybe someone can answer a question for me. I've noticed that a lot of pvp'ers have hardly any Damage Increase. They might have 20 on their faction primer of arms, 1 DI on the bow, and that's about it. Is the DI mod just not worth it for a PVPer?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason for the limited DI is lack of room. There is a good chance that there are other DI increases on the jewels but as for the bow's you just plain run out of room if your imbueing for balance, ssi and duel hit spells. If both spells hit your doing darn good damage anyways.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Curing your mount though...yeah that is useful.
A lot of players seem unaware that their Primer can be used to remove Poison/Mortal/Strangle/Bleed (and possibly more), it brings up a target cursor too so you could use it for cross healing or Curing a mount. The recharge timer is long (30 minutes I think) but still a handy extra to have macrod imo.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I don't wanna derail the thread, but since this is more pvp oriented maybe someone can answer a question for me. I've noticed that a lot of pvp'ers have hardly any Damage Increase. They might have 20 on their faction primer of arms, 1 DI on the bow, and that's about it. Is the DI mod just not worth it for a PVPer?
In PvP most people design their templates around armor ignore damage. With macing weapons and most sword weapons, its pretty easy to cap your AI damage without too much DI in your suit.

Most PvP archers, though, do build in as much DI as they can so moving shots do crazy damage.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of players seem unaware that their Primer can be used to remove Poison/Mortal/Strangle/Bleed (and possibly more), it brings up a target cursor too so you could use it for cross healing or Curing a mount. The recharge timer is long (30 minutes I think) but still a handy extra to have macrod imo.
I'd be one who didn't realize that about the primer, it never occurred to me. Thank you.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'd be one who didn't realize that about the primer, it never occurred to me. Thank you.
The Bloodwood Spirit (used in some Wrestling/Defensive Wrestling Necro builds) is also a damage removal talisman.

*Wasn't saying it specifically at you, just using what you said to chime in with it. In case thats how it sounded.*

N

NickyDishes

cw is a waste everybody has suits that r corpse proof and all 70s......makes the spell a waste of mana......and i use cure spells to cure pets since i dont need any skill at all to....i just need to be human

N

NickyDishes

cw is a waste everybody has suits that r corpse proof and all 70s......makes the spell a waste of mana......and i use cure spells to cure pets since i dont need any skill at all to....i just need to be human
i meant to say cure scrolls