• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Female Siberian Husky Help Name Her! :)

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi guys this is a possible new girl I may adopt. I need some exotic names to help me brain storm what her name will be!

Let me know what you all think!

P.S. I am talking about the dog not the actual woman

:)

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all those remarking on her coat and color, those are puppy markings. She'll always have her "mask" but it will tend to blend and smooth out over time, making it slightly less intense :)

The reason I asked if this is your first dog, SH's are extremely headstrong. I could never recommend a husky or malamute to a first time dog owner. Get some literature on the breed and read, read, and read some more. Start training early or the dog will own you, not the other way around.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all those remarking on her coat and color, those are puppy markings. She'll always have her "mask" but it will tend to blend and smooth out over time, making it slightly less intense :)

The reason I asked if this is your first dog, SH's are extremely headstrong. I could never recommend a husky or malamute to a first time dog owner. Get some literature on the breed and read, read, and read some more. Start training early or the dog will own you, not the other way around.

Heh no this isn't my first dog.

I use to have a Siberian Husky growing up, i currently have a Aussie and a Yorkie. Want to add a third one to the family. I choose the pups over human childern!

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorgeous dog...only I hope you realize that with a husky for a pet, if you must rent, you are greatly limiting your options, and if you own, your homeowners insurance could increase. A number of insurance companies have huskies on a blacklist for "bite tendencies". Because of that, some landlords who accept pets in their rental units, have these "blacklist" breeds on an outright "forbidden" list to limit liability - they will never be accepted. Even though your husky may be well trained, and good natured, the doggie blacklist is a reality. :(

-Skylark

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorgeous dog...only I hope you realize that with a husky for a pet, if you must rent, you are greatly limiting your options, and if you own, your homeowners insurance could increase. A number of insurance companies have huskies on a blacklist for "bite tendencies". Because of that, some landlords who accept pets in their rental units, have these "blacklist" breeds on an outright "forbidden" list to limit liability - they will never be accepted. Even though your husky may be well trained, and good natured, the doggie blacklist is a reality. :(

-Skylark
Yeah husky aren't black listed in Rhode Island. But i do know what you mean their are other dogs that are in this state.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She is gorgeous. I will get my Shelties, named after chess pieces Knight and King, to come over there to begin...HERDING her, for ya. :)

She looks like a 'Natasha Phantom Queen' to me ! rolleyes:

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah husky aren't black listed in Rhode Island. But i do know what you mean their are other dogs that are in this state.
It's not a statewide thing, it's up to the discretion of the landowner.

I was surprised to find malamutes, huskies and...get this German Shepherds on most blacklists in CA.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a statewide thing, it's up to the discretion of the landowner.

I was surprised to find malamutes, huskies and...get this German Shepherds on most blacklists in CA.

Well in the area im in its not blacklisted any where aroound here... Mainly PitBulls, Germans were listed and a cpl other large large dogs... I think even Dobermans were on there

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Down here it is mostly Pitbulls, although Dobis and Sheps. are on bottom of the so called banned pets to own, lists. Memphis has recently issued a *FORCED* spay and neuter policy on all pet owners of dogs and cats even, to cut down on dog abuse/pit bulls breeders and too many dogs/cats in general up there.

How they plan to *Enforce* this new law up there, that all cats and dogs MUST be snipped and clipped by law now, to never breed again, or how they expect the poorer to afford it all, remains to be seen yet, considering that they suck at even fighting human crimes, let alone *pet owner/dog crimes* in Memphis ! And yet the registered Memphis AKC *breeders* have been made exempt from this new law...GO FIGURE !!

We have always spayed or neutered our pets simply cuz we don't unwanted breeding of orphaned animals nor forced stress on any female dogs we have owned, having unwanted litters all over the place.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently heard that they are going to start using DNA testing to track down the folks that are breeding dogs *just* for fighting. I think this will be good and might help people re-assess the 'banned dogs' lists. The radio story on it said that they have been able to track most "fighting" dogs (that have actually been siezed in dog-fighting raids) back to a handful of breeders.

They would probably need to also build an ID list of owners who have adopted pups that have that genetic code, but were not involved or trained to fight. (I think they try and find homes for the pups when they raid these breeders.)

Your husky is lovely. Having owned a Yorkie, I would not be surprised if your little Yorkie doesn't turn into a great playmate for the husky. We had a Shepherd and the Yorkie at the same time and that Yorkie beat up on the bigger dog *all* the time (but it was play and they were fast friends).

Name suggestion: Anastasia

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently heard that they are going to start using DNA testing to track down the folks that are breeding dogs *just* for fighting. I think this will be good and might help people re-assess the 'banned dogs' lists. The radio story on it said that they have been able to track most "fighting" dogs (that have actually been siezed in dog-fighting raids) back to a handful of breeders.

They would probably need to also build an ID list of owners who have adopted pups that have that genetic code, but were not involved or trained to fight. (I think they try and find homes for the pups when they raid these breeders.)

Your husky is lovely. Having owned a Yorkie, I would not be surprised if your little Yorkie doesn't turn into a great playmate for the husky. We had a Shepherd and the Yorkie at the same time and that Yorkie beat up on the bigger dog *all* the time (but it was play and they were fast friends).

Name suggestion: Anastasia
That was acutally one of the names my girl came up with. Yeah my Yorkie beats the crap out of aussie all the time lol. They love each other and he is so careful with hers its cute..

She's only 10lbs and hes 45. Its funny she runs into him full force and pushes him over.

So Far we have these names were not sure if were getting her or another one so these are both boy and girl names....

Hypnotic
Isis
Serenity
Kilo
Genesis
Magnolia
Merlot
Ariana
Sakima
Suka
Hoku
Kalani
Lotus
lilu
Mahina
Makeeda
Naima
Sky
Skyla
Kahula
Fuzzy!!
Misha
Tesla
Nanook

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Out of these names...

Hypnotic
Isis
Serenity
Kilo
Genesis
Magnolia
Merlot
Ariana
Sakima
Suka
Hoku
Kalani
Lotus
lilu
Mahina
Makeeda <-----
Naima
Sky
Skyla
Kahula
Fuzzy!!
Misha
Tesla
Nanook
:scholar:

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first thing that came to my mind , that face pattern looked alot like gene simmons from kiss .

since its female ... jean ?