• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] felluca lumberjacking

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So....how safe is it to cut wood in Felluca?

Now that criminals can enter towns isn't it easy to sneak up on you with stealth and just kill you anyway?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say no, not very risky, most pvp happens around Yew gate or champ spawn areas. Stay away from those and you'll probably be fine.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if one chops wood with just an uninsured robe, there is no loss in insurance.
All that one risks is losing a little wood every now and then. No biggie, is it ?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well, if one chops wood with just an uninsured robe, there is no loss in insurance.
All that one risks is losing a little wood every now and then. No biggie, is it ?
I guess I better wait until my Beetle is Bonded then...

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So....how safe is it to cut wood in Felluca?

Now that criminals can enter towns isn't it easy to sneak up on you with stealth and just kill you anyway?
When your backpack s full, just recall to a Trammel ruleset town.

Generally the PvP crowd is active near moongates and popular hunting grounds (dungeons, champ spawns, etc). It would be best to avoid Lumberjacking in those areas.

I get most of my lumber from Felucca, just be smart about it. I also lumberjack n Ter-Mur for the imbuing ingredients (http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=gameitem&id=2877).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll be safe. I don't lumber or mine with a bug, just fill my pack, go home, dump it on the porch and then head back out. Never been killed by a red. Did meet a miner the other day while out 'jacking, but he just ran away and left his beetle behind when I said hello...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You'll be safe. I don't lumber or mine with a bug, just fill my pack, go home, dump it on the porch and then head back out. Never been killed by a red. Did meet a miner the other day while out 'jacking, but he just ran away and left his beetle behind when I said hello...
lol....i guess that can happen

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I play Chessy, which to my understanding is somewhere on the higher side of shards population wise. I haven't done much LJ in Fel lately, but I do quite a bit of mining. I've yet to run into any reds while mining, and I suspect that LJ is even less likely to find them, given that there's a lot more remote space for LJ. Personally I'd just imbue myself a 100% LRC barbed leather suit, grab some rune books and go. Should you die you're out ... maybe 1000 gold or something?

Seems like it's quite worth the risk to me.

I don't even run across any reds in the dungeons, though I admittedly don't do many champ spawns, and play at off peak times.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Mark a rune before recalling. Use a macro (target stored) to do it with one click. This makes more simple to keep in mind where you have chopped and where you haven't yet.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Pacific and do all of my LJ'ing in Fel, I have several runes marked to various remote areas with abundant trees. I actually take my beetle and two pack horses and recall back to my house when they are full, empty the packs and then recall to the next spot in my book, rinse wash repeat. Been doing this for about two years now and haven't seen anyone else, blue, grey or red.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant recall to Delucia/Fel but once you are there, you have plenty of trees within a guard zone.