• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Feedback Request: "Chase on the High Seas"

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks.

So, believe or not, we EMs don't often get feedback about our events outside of a few short comments during or immediately after. From time to time, I'm going to post a thread requesting feedback about a specific event, or event series of events. If you have a moment, I would very much like to hear what you liked, what you didn't like, and why.

This would be a tremendous help. I encourage discussion here, or if you'd prefer, you can contact me through the Catskills website. I only ask that conversation be kept to the topic at hand - feedback for the specific event listed here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For this first time, I'd like to know what you thought of the King's Guard event, "Chase on the High Seas." For those who sailed to Buc's Den, do you feel that added anything? Did you encounter any of the sea monsters en route? What did you think about the pace of the fight in general?

All thoughtful comments welcome, and appreciated. Thank you!

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked the idea that we needed to Sail into Buc's. Unfortunately after we were able to get the boat into the water in Trinsic there wasn't anything at all left in or around Buc's when we got there. Trinsic Dock was packed with ships and it took a little maneuvering to get a boat in the water. I would have liked to see more spawn in Water before we got to Buc's.

Once it was announced Buc's was the destination several just went there instead of Sailing. Of course the standard questions were asked over and over again. Do we need High Seas ? Do we need our own Boats ? Is someone going to allow you to get on Their Boat ? Do we need cannon supplies for a Sea Fight ? Is the EM going to provide Boats ? All those types of questions asked over and over again in chat.

Pros :

Good idea to have 2 dDocks in mind to lessen the load on docks to place a boat.

I liked the fighting. It was pleasant that the Spawn was not all in one single spot. The lag was Just a little ............ less as the spawn was spread out a little.

I liked the Various Mob Names. I liked the Parrots also even though they were nasty beasts.

I liked that the Boss in end was a Stygian Dragon Type. When you use the Slasher Model for Boss, it just kills the whole Event for me at least. 1 shot wait 40 seconds from the Para, 1 shot wait 40 seconds from the Para over and over again. ;)

I liked the drop.

Cons :

The many server lines you had to keep crossing in Bucs were very, very, nasty.

Needed more healers. The server lines made it hard and the spawn right in front of the healer building made it tough to Rez.

Some of the Beast Master Pets were a Instant Crash to Desktop. Several Guildmates experienced the same instant crash more then once.

Jor was squelched. You could not see his words at ALL unless you were standing on top of him outside :( Inside the Bath House you could use the journal to see his words.

The Parrot in the End was great but all the other Executioner Pirates that re-spawned were very much a pain cause of the no healers around. I do realize you may have had Healers there but all the EV's and Players themselves may have ganked your extra healers.

Over all idea was great. I liked it a lot.

Are we still dropping off reports ? If so, where now that your Office was taken over ?