[Feedback] Casting Focus: Should work differently if it's Values remain so low.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Casting focus is not meant to be a guaranteed way for casters to avoid damage.

At 5% a player has a 1 in 20 chance of continuing to cast after being hit.

The only guaranteed way to avoid interruption is to use protection.

Instead of providing casters with a reward to allow them to avoid interruption, casting focus is meant to occasionally forgive a caster for mis-timing their spells.

Additionally players with journey man or above skill level in inscription receive a base casting bonus boost which also allows them to exceed the casting focus cap of 12%.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
1% increase to base casting focus per 10 points of Inscribe.
From Journeyman to Grand Master

60 Inscription = 1%
70 = 2%
Etc.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
GM Scribe should have base casting focus of 5% without items.
They should have that small chance to continue casting after taking damage.

I believe this is live on TC now, I'll have to go through and verify since its not in the patch notes. It may not have made it in yet because I made a stupid that was giving a few extra unintended points toward casting focus and the fix may still be going through qa before it makes it in.