• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Eye of the Moonlighter

Eye of the Moonlighter
Posted by BrianFreud
Counsellors' Hall in Britan
Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 08:00 PM
Until: Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
https://www.facebook.com/events/975911695836739/

EM Obsidian is visiting Europa with his very first event: The Eye of the Moonlighter!

Eye of the Moonlighter

“We ‘bout ready to go Iz?”
“In a few moments Galen, few more items to sign off on, and we’ll be ready.” Replied Isabelle.
Galen nodded, wiped the sweat from his brow and continued to load the crates onto the wagon. Isabelle glanced over her parchment in hand, making sure that she had accounted for all of the items that would be headed to Yew:

…Five suits of leather armor
Five suits of studded leather armor
Twenty-five bolts of cloth
Ten sacks of Flour
Two barrels of mead…

She paused for a moment, as she reached the end of the list and remembered that the ‘X’ she had scrawled at the very bottom was for a special item. Isabelle motioned to Galen to stop loading the crates.
“Hey Galen, how about you take a break and head over to the Keg and Anchor for a drink and something to eat. I have one more item to grab before we head out. It’s on me.”
Galen put the crate he was loading down just as Isabelle tossed him a pouch of gold coins.
“You sure Iz? I thought we had a tight schedu…”
“Don’t worry Galen. Not a problem. Take a breather, and enjoy yourself. We probably won’t be setting out ‘til morning anyways.” Said Isabelle as she smiled.
Galen nodded, took the pouch of coins, placed it in his pocket, and started to head towards the tavern. Isabelle then rolled up her parchment, and placed it on the back of the wagon.
“Could he really be paying this much?” Isabelle thought to herself, as she headed down the street.

After walking a few blocks, Isabelle was upon the Encyclopedia Magicka. After entering, she was greeted by an alchemist named Norma.
“Hello, how can I help you this evening?” Inquired Norma.
“I’m here to see Parker… He should be expecting me.” Replied Isabelle.
Norma nodded, and motioned for Isabelle to follow her through the door behind the counter. Inside the room, a man was seated with his back facing the door, deeply involved in reading a text.
“Parker? My apologies for disturbing you, but a woman named Isabelle is here to see you.” Stated Norma.
Parker raised his head from the book he was studying, turned in his chair and motioned for Isabelle to enter, and have a seat. Isabelle nodded, and entered while Normal closed the door behind them.
“So good to see you this evening Iz. I was beginning to think you had forgotten about our arrangement.” Said Parker.
“Oh no… not for the amount of coin that you had promised. That was something I simply could not pass up.” Replied Isabelle, as she chuckled. Parker smiled, and replied:
“I’m putting a lot of trust in you with this task, Iz. I came to you with this offer because you have not let me down in the past. Everything I have given you to transport for me has arrived swiftly and safely.” Stated Parker.
He then took a decanter of brandy from on the table and poured himself a glass. He offered Isabelle a glass, and she nodded.
“Norma, my apprentice… she makes this brandy. About all she’s good for!” Exclaimed Parker as he chuckled and took a gulp from the glass. Isabelle smiled and took a sip from her glass.
Parker then stood up and made his way to the bookshelf on the opposite side of the room. After glancing at the books for a few moments, he selected a rather thick one, and then returned to the table the two were seated at. Isabelle eyed the book, but could not see anything out of the ordinary regarding it. Parker smiled, as he opened the book to reveal that it was in fact hollowed-out. Isabelle leaned forward in her chair for a better vantage as Parker reached inside and took out a glistening, green and silver necklace and placed it on the table. Isabelle admired how the light glistened and reflected off of the several emeralds that were encrusted in the pendant. She was about to speak, but Parker interrupted:
“This... This is what I need you to take to Yew for me. A magic necklace.” Stated Parker as he sat back in his chair. Isabelle hesitated for a moment, raised a brow and inquired:
“A magic necklace? Are you joking Parker? I have transported many magical artifacts in the past. None of those jobs paid me what you are offering… So what’s the catch? What is so important about this necklace that you’re willing to give me three month’s pay? I think there is something you’re not telling me…” Stated Isabelle as she smirked. Parker hesitated for a moment, stood up and made his way to the window. After starring out at the dusk sky over Trinsic for a minute, he sighed, turned around and slowly leaned on the table before speaking:
“This necklace has been in my possession for many decades. I fear this is no ordinary magic necklace, Isabelle. This is the Eye of the Moonlighter.” Stated Parker, as he picked up the necklace and dangled it in the air above the table.
“I have only done few experiments with this necklace. I am wondering if it is in fact cursed, Iz.” Parker sat back down in his chair, and continued:
“When I equipped this piece of jewelry, I felt almost weightless… Almost as if my footsteps made not a sound! Also, it seemed as if those standing merely feet away from me knew not of my presence in the room.”
Isabelle took another sip of her brandy as Parker continued:
“After wearing this for a few days, I felt… different. My outlook on the world turned sharply negative; pessimistic. I knew that it was the necklace making me feel this way, so I took it off, and kept it hidden for all these years.” Parker paused for a moment, finished his glass of brandy, and continued:
“After some thought and speculation, I wondered whom could benefit from some artifact like this, Iz?”
Isabelle shook her head, and Parker replied:
“A thief… or perhaps an assassin. The silent walking… the concealed appearance… these would benefit someone doing unsavory activities, most assured.”
A look of astonishment came across Isabelle’s face. She then inquired:
“Whom are you sending this to in Yew, Parker?”
“My brother, Jericho. He is one of the monks at the Abbey… For many years now, as a matter of fact. He will know what to do with this necklace, perhaps how to dispose of it. I fear it is no longer safe behind the walls of Trinsic. Here, take these Iz.” Stated Parker, as he slid the necklace and a rolled parchment across the table.
“That scroll, give that to Jericho with the necklace. It will cover the other half of your payment. He will pay you, seeing that it is from me.” Stated Parker, as he smiled.
Isabelle sat for a few moments, and thought about the task at hand. After pondering possible outcomes in her head, she took the necklace and parchment, and placed them in her pocket.
“I won’t let you down my friend.” Stated Isabelle, as she stood up to leave.
Parker nodded, and smiled in return. A look of relief came over him, as a burden he had been carrying most of his life was suddenly lifted.
“Safe travels, my friend.” Said Parker.

Isabelle left the mage shop, and headed back towards the trading caravan. As she was walking, she ran her fingers over the necklace that was in her pocket. She smiled, and continued into the night.
“Perhaps I should join Galen for a bottle of ale?” Isabelle thought to herself…

Note: This will be a roleplaying event with plenty of action.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thoroughly enjoyed this (it was even better after some judicious use of the "Ignore" button - who knew?!?). The final General was a little on the weakling side but the Orc Assassins and those dogs..were quite tough. Thank you Obsidian and good luck!

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
THe dogs were a nightmare and they ran fast. Was very hard to get away from them to heal

EM Obsidian

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Glad you enjoyed it.

Aye, the boss fell a little too quick. Going to have to make a few tweaks for next time =D.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can we make sure these events are advertised on here before the event takes place and not after. I only heard about it due to being at the Britain bank meeting that day.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i try to check the facebook page daily so ill post them up here if i spot one :)