• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FC/FCR caps for mages...

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've enjoyed playing a mage since the game came out and the most exciting time was when we didn't have a cap on the Faster Cast property. The speed at which we cast made PvP much faster paced and interesting.

Is there any way we could give a cap of 5 on FCR and up the FC cap to 3 or 4? The FCR cap would help even out he playing field in terms of connection speed, and an increased FC cap would make for marginally faster-paced battles.

In terms of gear availability - one of the original reasons FC was capped at 2 - this is no longer an issue. There is a really wide variety of items out there which could easily help people reach a cap of 3.

A shield having FC on a mage (if they're using a mage weapon) helps with the problem of chugging, too!

Hell if you have to, attach it to a skill or something :)

Please, bring back some of the more fast paced action, raise the FC cap again for mages!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if it aint broke, don't fix it.

The only issue i have with casting at the moment, is mytics spells still often don't show above player's heads on CC, and for assist users, still no translations. Booo!

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He wasn't suggesting a fix, he was suggesting a change.

Posting for agreement.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's strange, I played almost exclusively mages up until imbuing came out since 1998 and mages have never ever been able to cast as fast as 2/6 because pre-aos everyone even if they are naked had an innate 2/4 casting.

After aos there was a time you can go up to 5/6 casting after introduction of aos. That was done with orny + arcane shield + 1/3 ring + a none sc fc+1 weapon with a trick of equipping last weapon in your spell macros.

Again NO, because classic mages had the slowest casting speed since the birth of UO. Therefore there is nothing to change.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orny
Djinns Ring
Scrappers
Helm of Swiftness
Arcane Shield

7 FC 6 fcr

I would say this is probably the worst Idea I have Ever Heard in my life. If they did that, then they would have to remove the Cap on Dex for Dexxers and make Swing Speed ACTUAL (Swing * ( 1 - SwingSpeed/100)) instead of the (Swing* (1 - SwingSpeed/(100+SwingSpeed)) silliness it is now.

With 7fc, I can guarantee you would get down to 1s flamestrikes. Instantaneous of any spell from the 3rd circle down. And about .5s Gheals.

Maybe make a mage only shard if you did this. Seriously a bad idea for Any other kind of shard.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget Venom, a Medusa drop...

FC 2; FCR 1; SDI 10; Posion Resist 20

-OBSIDIAN-