• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite spots

G

I am currently sorting through about 300 deciphered ingenious maps (finally made a 12 chest organization system, consisting of a bag for each side of a runebook). I was wondering if I could get some input on your favorite level 6 tmap locations to solo. I could wait and once me and my guild start to mow through the 300+ maps, I could take numbers down for viable soloing spots. I myself have never soloed higher than the 5's, but I am anxious to try (once I get a little more practice and a few skills honed more).

Just wondering if anyone wanted to share favorite spots (safe or difficult)

Thanks for your time! I will for sure post what I feel as the safest/most manageable spots once we go through them all, but that probably won't be for quite some time

G

I like the none giant serpent's islands, [except dot], lots of room to move and no spawning beast to worry about.

G

Are there any specific map numbers (I am sorting mine all according to THB's number system) that come to mind when you speak of the "giant serpent-less" islands?

Just thought it would be nice to compile a few numbers to keep glued to the back of the skull for the aspiring treasure hunter's (such as myself
)

If there isn't, I will be sure to post my favorite... I gave up sorting early today (its Christmas, and I didn't feel like neglecting the rest of my family to sort T-maps)

Merry Christmas again by the way... for those reading before the night is over!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's the breakdown of the islands. At one rune per island, you can make a rune book of one spot per each island (then look on foot for the map sites).

Note: Islands marked with "*" can have random Gypsy or Brigand camps - these can interfere with your strategy - especially if you cast EVs and don't want karma hits.

No Serpents, but cramped quarters (of these, Dot CAN have a healer spawn, but the other two don't).
1. Dot Island
2. Blanche Island (Island off Ocarina Island - often has one house taking up a third of the usable space of the island)
3. Iver's Rounding (decent room, due to length, for most maps, but top end of island and its northernmost map are on a server line)

No Serpents, but plenty of Room - However, no healers either
4. Eiffel Island *
5. Ocarina Island
6. Horseshoe Island
7. Dragon Island

No Serpents, with healer
8. Buccaneer's Den (note that there can be server line issues, the healer is across the server line in town from the map sites - and may require as many as THREE line crossings to reach), and there is the tunnel issue. Make sure you have a rune to the tunnels to clean up your spawn after the fight.

Minimal numbers of Serpents (and other hostile spawn), with healers (and shrine)
9. Fire Island/Isle of the Avatar *

Serpent-Infested hell pits (these all have healers - the first two of them have cities reachable on foot).
10. Serpent's Hold
11. North Jhelom
12. Skull Island
13. Ameoba Island
14. Valor Island (shrine in the middle of the island, but is rare for the shrine to be clear enough to safely rez with it)
15. Temple Island (this one has healers in the guard zone of the portal to the Lost lands - can be a saving grace, or cost you a spawn if it wanders into the zone - hope it didn't loot someone's corpse)
16. Bald Island

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are there any specific map numbers (I am sorting mine all according to THB's number system) that come to mind when you speak of the "giant serpent-less" islands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Several islands that have zero giant serpents are locations for the Level 6 map, we just like them more since there is no spawn to fight while dealing with the guardians. I normally keep those maps for ourself, and those maps on islands where there is heavy spawn of giant serpents we save for guild events when there are more targets running lose.

G

Thanks much for your inputs! This will help a lot... I should be getting back to sorting the rest of my maps sometime this weekend, and you all have been a lot of help.

Again, much thanks! Happy New Year to everyone if you don't hear from me until next year!