• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Father Of Role Playing Games Dies

• Thread starter imported_Edward The Less
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Edward The Less

Gary Gygax, acknowledged by many as the father of the role-playing game, has passed away at 69.

Gary Gygax, one of the co-creators of the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, died Tuesday morning at his home in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, according to Stephen Chenault, CEO of Troll Lord Games.

Gygax designed the original D&D game with Dave Arneson in 1974, and went on to create the Dangerous Journeys and Lejendary Adventure RPGs, as well as a number of board games. He also wrote several fantasy novels.

Although he was not directly involved with D&D since 1985, he was still involved in creating games to be used within its rules. Of course, many video games owe much to him, with some even set within the D&D world, such as Baldur's Gate. He had apparently been in ill health for years. May he rest in peace.

E

Eldorian

He was also the founder of GenCon - the first one was him and about 20 friends in his basement.

I'd just like to know who's going to help Al Gore defend the Space Time Continuum now?

B

Bo Riddler

I still have all of my Dragon Mag.'s, my modules, my dice and pencils.

I really do wish I had some people who would play pnp D&D with me.

Rest in Peace Mr. Gygax.

Bo