• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Evaluating Intelligence] Fast or best way to level up Evaluate Intelligence.

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SecretService

What is the best way to level up Evaluate Intelligence?

Thank you.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use the skill actively. Meaning...you can create a macro for it and then target a creature to use the skill. What you can do is, just goto large areas with lots of mobs. Target one creature. If you don't get a gain, then fine...just target another. If you do get a gain, just target each creature again in a random order.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faster method: Cast clumsy on yourself. If you have good MR/Med, you never run out of mana and don't have to wait for the skill timer. It's also good for resist if you haven't finished it.

S

Shaydow

Fastest Method :

Faster then the above, but you wont gain in Resists, is grab yourself a boat, target the tillerman, and just chain cast magic arrow over and over on him. with a 3/6 setup and good med, you can cast Magic Arrow 2x a second and never run out of mana. Can GM eval in a single day like this. I did 100 to 110 in a few hours yesterday.

Hope this helps.

C

Chaosy

Clumsy/MA should be about the same since they're both first circle spells.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clumsy yourself, will also gain Resist/Med if needed.

S

Shaydow

Clumsy/MA should be about the same since they're both first circle spells.
I thought it would to, and it might just be RNG, but I noticed a difference when casting magic arrow on the tillerman then clumsy on myself. I managed to GM resists using the clumsy cast but still had like 101 eval. Targeting the tillerman and casting magic arrow, I then did 101 - 110 in about 2 hours, maybe less. Before gm resists though, clumsy had only gotten me to 101, and that was after a days session of skill training. Like I said, could just be the random having fun, but I know it worked for me. :)

T

Turdnugget

Does casting 2 MA at the tillerman work both spells though? I've noticed when I cast two MA really fast simultaenously, only one hits and does damage, while the other is just for show...

Dunno of it's intended to be this way or it's bugged =/

R

RichDC

I would have thought thta damaging spells rather than debuffs would work better as the amount of damage is evaluated by the casters intelligence :p

C

Chaosy

Does casting 2 MA at the tillerman work both spells though? I've noticed when I cast two MA really fast simultaenously, only one hits and does damage, while the other is just for show...

Dunno of it's intended to be this way or it's bugged =/
Might have been just RNG.

Neither magic arrows hit the tillerman, you're just casting it on him. When you fight, you're right. You can only cast another magic arrow and have it land after the first one hits, so you can't chain them together. It's not really a bug, it's always been like that (so I'm assuming it's a feature).

RichDC said:
I would have thought thta damaging spells rather than debuffs would work better as the amount of damage is evaluated by the casters intelligence
Debuffs also check your eval skill.

T

Turdnugget

Chaosy, I don't think it's always been like that with MA... I remember years ago you could chain MA someone =/ Kinda like people chain Harm these days.

I dunno... I don't use it all that much double casting anymore since it doesn't work.

Best way I think, if you need to raise resist, is Feeblemind/Weaken/Clumsy with a good LMC/MR suit. You gain both pretty fast.

You can work Med/EI/Resist as the same time.

C

Chaosy

Chaosy, I don't think it's always been like that with MA... I remember years ago you could chain MA someone =/ Kinda like people chain Harm these days.
Are you sure? I'm pretty positive the only time you've been able to chain them was before the introduction of AoS and fc/fcr. It's almost like casting at 0/6 speed, in which case your magic arrow would land before you get the second one off.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could be because of the introduction of faster casting. :\ Who knows?

G

GFY

Didn't I read about a patch that "fixed" it so you can't cast on the tillermen any more?

T

Turdnugget

I'm guessing they did away with that along with 8x8 skills...Dunno though. I haven't used a boat for skills in a loooong time.